PDA

View Full Version : Jim Bunning Says He Regrets Endorsing Rand

Sola_Fide
04-26-2012, 02:06 AM
Wonder what Bunning or Davis is going to say next? They are really trying to drive a wedge in between themselves and northern Ky tea partiers, it seems...

Bunning says he regrets endorsing Rand Paul We were sad that former Sen. Jim Bunning didn’t say anything controversial in his endorsement of Alecia Webb-Edgington for Congress this week, but apparently we missed this gem from Scott Wartman’s article:

Bunning said he’s more careful about his endorsements after he endorsed U.S. Sen. Rand Paul in the U.S. Senate race in 2010.

“I endorsed in the U.S. Senate race,” Bunning said. “I took the lesser of two evils there. One person didn’t tell me the truth, and the other person I wasn’t sure what he would do when he got there. He’s disappointed me since he’s got there.”

That a boy, Jimbo.

When Rand Paul said he was going to be “closely watching” the behavior of others when deciding if he endorses Thomas Massie in this race, we were wondering who he was talking about, but that Bunning quote might give us an idea.

And speaking about that possible endorsement, check out this campaign event up on Massie’s campaign for next Monday in Boone County: “Thomas Massie at League of Kentucky Property Owners with Rand Paul.”

Let the KY GOP food fight commence?

h ttp://fatlip.leoweekly.com/2012/04/25/bunning-says-he-regrets-endorsing-rand-paul/

LibertyEagle
04-26-2012, 02:33 AM
How on earth has Rand disappointed him?

Sola_Fide
04-26-2012, 04:15 AM

Man...who knows? It's just a bizarre statement.

jmdrake
04-26-2012, 04:39 AM

I don't know. But their disappointment makes me feel better about Rand.

Sola_Fide
04-26-2012, 07:33 AM
Bunning Regrets Endorsing Paul

by PHILLIP M. BAILEY on APRIL 25, 2012

Calling it the lesser of two evils, former U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning surprised political observers when he said he regreted endorsing Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., in the 2010 Senate race.

The surly baseball Hall of Famer recently gave a nod to state Rep. Alecia Webb-Edgington to succeed retiring Congressman Geoff Davis, but indicated he’s been more tepid since backing Paul two years ago.

From Cincinnati Inquirer (h/t FatLip):

“I endorsed in the U.S. Senate race,” Bunning said. “I took the lesser of two evils there. One person didn’t tell me the truth, and the other person I wasn’t sure what he would do when he got there. He’s disappointed me since he’s got there.”

Ouch!

One can assume that the days of Bunning being Paul’s role model have ended.

http://www.wfpl.org/2012/04/25/bunning-regrets-endorsing-paul/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wfplnews+%28WFPL+News+Stream% 29

TruthisTreason
04-26-2012, 07:36 AM
One has to wonder why Rand Paul has surrounded himself with former Bunning staffers.

Gage
04-26-2012, 07:36 AM
http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1149/5138325638_557e39d009.jpg

BamaFanNKy
04-26-2012, 08:00 AM
I hope Rand realizes not to listen to Bunning Staffers.

WilliamC
04-26-2012, 08:22 AM

By not capitulating to the elite of course and for supporting the Constitution and his constituents over the international bankers.

And for not paying homage to Israel by traveling there and donning a funny hat and pretending to be Jewish.

WilliamC
04-26-2012, 08:24 AM
One has to wonder why Rand Paul has surrounded himself with former Bunning staffers.

Perhaps because they can get him access to people who would otherwise not see him?

Connections and networks are important in politics, which is why I'll never be involved in it because I have no connections nor any type of social network.

And no I don't think RPF really counts, sorry guys I like you but I really don't know you ;)

Aratus
04-26-2012, 09:16 AM
i thought RAND PAUL was doing rather well in the senate.
maybe JIM BUNNING is trying to join ole mitch mcconnell
up on gov. mitt romney's rolling bandwagon and this all is
his way of really making jack conway's & trey grayson's day

ctiger2
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
I see this as positive. Bunning is/was part of the problem. Bunning being upset at Rand means we're headed in the right direction with Rand.

Hyperion
04-26-2012, 09:53 AM
By not capitulating to the elite of course and for supporting the Constitution and his constituents over the international bankers.

And for not paying homage to Israel by traveling there and donning a funny hat and pretending to be Jewish.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WilliamC again.

TruthisTreason
04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Perhaps because they can get him access to people who would otherwise not see him?

Who would not see a United States Senator? One seems more interested in blocking liberty types from Rand, than connecting him to people.

BamaFanNKy
04-26-2012, 02:12 PM

Connections and networks are important in politics, which is why I'll never be involved in it because I have no connections nor any type of social network.

And no I don't think RPF really counts, sorry guys I like you but I really don't know you ;)

Uh, no. Bunning's staffers are useless.

boat6868
04-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Bizarre comments by Bunning. If Greyson had been elected he would be busying himself with shining his nameplate and Mitch's shoes. Meanwhile, Rand had been kicking butt! I could hardly be more pleased.

WilliamC
04-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Uh, no. Bunning's staffers are useless.

I have no specific knowledge of any of these people, I was speaking from the general impression that any new Senator or Congressman tends to inherit staff from their predecessor who know 'the system'.

Of course this might be a problem in and of itself, but I can see the benefit of having people who know how to actually get things done effeciently, as opposed to bringing in an entirely novice staff with no DC experience who could be very ineffective at getting Rand Paul the contacts and meetings he needs on a timely basis.

Of course as soon as possible replace any 'bad' staff (those who aren't actively working towards Rand Paul's goals for their own reasons) with 'good' staff who are 100% behind Rand Paul would be a logical course of action also.

Sola_Fide
04-27-2012, 05:38 AM

If you put Bunning's statement in the context of what he was doing at the time (endorsing Alecia), I can only conclude that Rand has disappointed him on war issues. And on that note, I say GOOD.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-27-2012, 06:23 AM

Knowing Bunning, he probably hasn't been making enough public anti-McConnell statements.

Bruno
04-27-2012, 06:44 AM
So disappointed is he that he can't say why. What a clever politician! :rolleyes:

The dinosaurs of both parties that led us into the messes we are in today all need to go, along with the influence they have.

compromise
06-02-2013, 01:13 PM

1 year on...
http://destroyzionism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/rand-paul.jpg
:D

NewRightLibertarian
06-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Now that Rand has kissed the rings so to speak perhaps Bunning would be happy with who he supported

Sola_Fide
06-05-2013, 01:30 AM
This was a while ago when Thomas was running for Congress. Bunning and Davis went all in for the big-government authoritarian Webb-Edgington. Huge disappointment.

anaconda
06-05-2013, 02:30 AM

I'm confused on your position. Given that Dr. Paul did travel to Israel and did wear the traditional headwear, are you saying that this did, or did not, pay homage to Israel?

anaconda
06-05-2013, 02:40 AM
Here's a current article about the upside of McConnell stepping aside:

http://www.redstate.com/2013/05/28/mitch-mcconnell-electability-and-jim-bunnings-revenge/

Boss
06-06-2013, 02:22 AM

The article reeks of Rand didn't "return the favor" to Bunning, perhaps relating to endorsing a candidate in the Massie race

compromise
06-06-2013, 02:46 AM
I'm confused on your position. Given that Dr. Paul did travel to Israel and did wear the traditional headwear, are you saying that this did, or did not, pay homage to Israel?

He made that post before Rand travelled to Israel.

speciallyblend
06-06-2013, 05:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSB7QpldGTQ<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSB7QpldGTQ">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSB7QpldGTQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSB7QpldGTQ)

NationalAnarchist
06-06-2013, 08:19 AM

Um he did go to israel and wear a funny hat and placed his hand on the wailing wall....sheesh...

LibertyEagle
06-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Um he did go to israel and wear a funny hat and placed his hand on the wailing wall....sheesh...

While telling them that he did not advocate giving one dime of foreign aid to anyone, including Israel.

JCDenton0451
06-06-2013, 09:27 AM
While telling them that he did not advocate giving one dime of foreign aid to anyone, including Israel.

But he also took time to shake hands with a radical settler, who is leader of Israel's latest nationalist party. Bennet is his name if I'm not mistaken. That man is literally a Nazi, except that he is Jewish.

asurfaholic
06-06-2013, 09:52 AM
But he also took time to shake hands with a radical settler, who is leader of Israel's latest nationalist party. Bennet is his name if I'm not mistaken. That man is literally a Nazi, except that he is Jewish.

Source? The nazi part.

JCDenton0451
06-06-2013, 10:37 AM
The Nazi part is my personal assessment based on his past public statements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQetF44fBfc

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/naftali-bennett-i-will-do-everything-in-my-power-to-prevent-a-palestinian-state.premium-1.489509

I will do everything in my ability, forever, to prevent a Palestinian state from being founded within the land of Israel. The only alternative to a Palestinian state is apartheid.

Bennett is an adamant supporter of the settlements and Israel's theft of the Palestinian land.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/habayit-hayehudi-chairman-retracts-comments-on-refusal-to-evacuate-settlements.premium-1.486194

If I receive an order to evict a Jew from his house and expel him, personally, my conscience wouldn't allow it Bennett's conscience would allow him to evict an Arab...

The man is even crazier than Netanyahoo. Warmongering nationalist, racist...What more do you need?

LibertyEagle
06-06-2013, 10:45 AM

I don't know about your assertion of the guy, but Rand shook hands with people from all sides of the matter. Shaking someone's hand does not mean you agree with them. Sheesh.

JCDenton0451
06-06-2013, 11:24 AM
I don't know about your assertion of the guy, but Rand shook hands with people from all sides of the matter. Shaking someone's hand does not mean you agree with them. Sheesh.

Did he shake hands with Hamas, cause that would be a Palestinian equivalent of Mr. Bennett and his party? Actually, scratch that. Hamas people are more humane and have justice on their side.

Anyway I don't blame Rand. I'm inclined to believe that he simly had no clue who he was metting with. As I understand the entire Israel trip was set up by a Evangelical organisation.

compromise
06-06-2013, 12:00 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xYAgoJ3rKxM/TwUDjwqBvkI/AAAAAAAAHLc/-zAra-lJmm8/s400/RonPaulStormfront-1.jpg

JCDenton0451
06-06-2013, 01:18 PM
and your point being?

compromise
06-06-2013, 01:21 PM
and your point being?

Rand isn't the only one who meets with Nazis. And Don Black, who tried to overthrow the Dominican government, makes Bennett look very tame.

JCDenton0451
06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Uh, Ron Paul has associated with all kinds of creepy people in his lifetime...But this is about Rand. Why do you think he met with Bennett?

compromise
06-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Uh, Ron Paul has associated with all kinds of creepy people in his lifetime...But this is about Rand. Why do you think he met with Bennett?

Why not? He's a leader of a foreign political party.

LibertyEagle
06-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Did he shake hands with Hamas, cause that would be a Palestinian equivalent of Mr. Bennett and his party? Actually, scratch that. Hamas people are more humane and have justice on their side.

Anyway I don't blame Rand. I'm inclined to believe that he simly had no clue who he was metting with. As I understand the entire Israel trip was set up by a Evangelical organisation.

He met with people from all sides. Go look it up.

compromise
06-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Jewish Home is a political party that is not in power.
Hamas is a militant group.

Kach and Kahane Chai are the Israeli equivalent of Hamas, not Jewish Home.

JCDenton0451
06-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Why not? He's a leader of a foreign political party.

An extremist and fringe political party. He's not a Prime Minister. Just a random Zionist loon -there are many like him in Israel, mind you. However he is so extreme, even American Jews look down on him...And Rand Paul meets with him.

What do Rand Paul and Naftali Bennett could possibly have to talk about?

Jewish Home is a political party that is not in power.
Hamas is a militant group.

Hamas runs the Gaza strip, hello?

Hamas is a political party, which has its own military wing. Because Palestinians are not allowed to have a regular army, militant groups are their only way to fight Israeli occupation. Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Fatah military organisations are Palestinian equivalents of IDF.

compromise
06-06-2013, 02:33 PM
An extremist and fringe political party. He's not a Prime Minister. Just a random Zionist loon -there are many like him in Israel, mind you. However he is so extreme, even American Jews look down on him...And Rand Paul meets with him.

What do Rand Paul and Naftali Bennett could possibly have to talk about?

Ron met lots of people like that. What about Marine Le Pen for example?

"An extremist and fringe political party. She's not a Prime Minister. Just a random Islamophobic loon -there are many like her in France, mind you. However, she is so extreme, even the French Americans look down upon her...And Ron Paul meets with her."

I don't see you criticizing Ron.

Hamas runs the Gaza strip, hello?

Hamas is a political party, which has its own military wing. Because Palestinians are not allowed to have a regular army, militant groups are their only way to fight Israeli occupation. Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Fatah military organisations are Palestinian equivalents of IDF.

Palestine has a military, the Palestinian National Security Forces.

Jewish Home does not have a militant wing.

JCDenton0451
06-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Ron met lots of people like that. What about Marine Le Pen for example?

"An extremist and fringe political party. She's not a Prime Minister. Just a random Islamophobic loon -there are many like her in France, mind you. However, she is so extreme, even the French Americans look down upon her...And Ron Paul meets with her."

I don't see you criticizing Ron.
Well, there are many Islamophobic loons in the Republican party, it's just the European political culture is so left-wing, so PC, that pols who would be considered hardline Conservatives in America are treated like Nazis in France. Again, I don't get comparison with Bennet who is a genuinely evil, and potentially very dangerous man.

You really don't see the difference between Zionism and Traditionalist Conservatism, do you?

Palestine has a military, the Palestinian National Security Forces.It's primary purpose is to protect Israel from Palestinian militants - this one doesn't count.

Jewish Home does not have a militant wing.

Of course it does, it's called the IDF.;)

RickyJ
06-06-2013, 03:00 PM

He went to Israel and wore the funny hat, don't know about pretending to be Jewish, but I suppose if you wear the funny hat you are pretending in a way.

JCDenton0451
06-06-2013, 03:07 PM
He went to Israel and wore the funny hat, don't know about pretending to be Jewish, but I suppose if you wear the funny hat you are pretending in a way.

You're not the first to spot the irony.

compromise
06-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Well, there are many Islamophobic loons in the Republican party, it's just the European political culture is so left-wing, so PC, that pols who would be considered hardline Conservatives in America are treated like Nazis in France. Again, I don't get comparison with Bennet who is a genuinely evil, and potentially very dangerous man.

You really don't see the difference between Zionism and Traditionalist Conservatism, do you?

Le Pen would almost certainly not be accepted in the Republican Party, given her anti-Israel voting record, or the fact she's fiscally to the left of Kucinich. She is not a traditionalist conservative, she is a nationalist, much like Bennett. Why is Bennett specifically genuinely evil, while she is not?

Calling the IDF the militant wing of Jewish Home is like calling the United States military the militant wing of the Republican Party. It's not. The military serve whatever party is in power. Jewish Home is not and never will lead a government coalition in Israel, and even if they did, the military would only serve them for the time they are in power. If Labor are in power next time, then the military serve them. The Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades serve a political party, not the Palestinian government. They are the Palestinian equivalent of the Sturmabteilung.

JCDenton0451
06-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Le Pen would almost certainly not be accepted in the Republican Party, given her anti-Israel voting record, or the fact she's fiscally to the left of Kucinich. She is not a traditionalist conservative, she is a nationalist, much like Bennett. Why is Bennett specifically genuinely evil, while she is not?

Conservatism is by its nature a localist, not globalist philosophy, it's primary mission is preserve the traditional society, there is no reason why conservative politicians in Europe and America should share the same libertarian ideas on economy - libertarianism was never a part of European tradition. Strict immigration laws and ethnic solidarity on the other hand IS part of their tradition.

Now if we use this definition that means, Zionism is not Conservatism, since its mission has always been to destroy the traditional Palestinian society, and establish an entirely new Jewish-dominated society in its place. Zionism is a militant, agressive, racist settler-colonial movement essentially.

Do I really need to explain what makes Zionism evil?

The Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades serve a political party, not the Palestinian government. PA is not the government of Palestine. First, it has no actual control over Palestian territory. Second, it wasn't elected.

They are the Palestinian equivalent of the Sturmabteilung. Don't you mean Irgun?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irgun

Havax
06-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Bunning was hoping one of his family members would be murdered by a drone. Tough luck.

speciallyblend
06-07-2013, 06:54 AM
bunning makes me regret having an R next to my name everyday.