PDA

View Full Version : If you still have the spirit to win, this thread is for you.

eleganz
04-25-2012, 09:46 PM
-Gingrich, out ($5mill in debt, endorsing Romney, disenfranchised supporters)
-Santorum endorsed Romney (supporters disenfranchised, check out his facebook for examples)
-Low voter turnout (due to presumed nominee)
-Romney campaign afraid of us, expanded his staff (paying $25/hr) but has no choice but to divert attention on general election
-Ron Paul is the only conservative left
-We're slowly creeping back into headlines and the mainstream media
-is this moment we've all been waiting for?

TWO MAN RACE!

Upcoming states:

April 28 TAKING PLACE THIS SATURDAY, WE NEED YOU ON PHONE FROM HOME!
www.phone.ronpaul2012.com
Louisiana Caucus (conservative)
May 8
Indiana
North Carolina (conservative)
West Virginia (conservative)

May 15
Nebraska (conservative)
Oregon

May 22
Arkansas (conservative)
Kentucky (conservative)

May 29
Texas (conservative)

Most of the states listed are conservative states where Ron Paul has the potential of winning and drives enough momentum for a Texas win (landslide is possible IMO)

It all comes down to you, the countdown to winning the 155 delegate prize in Texas which in turn brings momentum to the even bigger prize of 172 delegates in California on June 5th.

All you have to do is get on phone-from-home.

The Campaign has made repeated attempts to call for help getting people into the phone-banks and on phone-from-home.

Just to give you a hint of how powerful the phones are, the NYC and LA phone-banks were responsible for getting us to 25% in Rhode Island. The Los Angeles phone-bank cranked out over 7200 calls yesterday. Ron Paul volunteers got to the office at 6am and called for 12 hours straight getting out the vote and converting undecided voters until 6pm when their polls closed. One volunteer made 1600 calls.

We make the difference, not the campaign. We are the essence of the campaign, it is up to us to take matters into our own hands.

It all starts from Louisiana, taking place this Saturday, we can win delegates and get into the media again, remember the victories from Iowa and Minnesota and what it did for us in the media? The media may push Romney but what gives them even more views and profits is controversy, what better controversy than the supposedly unelectable Ron Paul creeping up the delegate count?

This election is ours to win but only if we want it badly enough.

The campaign's VOIP system costs tens of thousands of dollars a month to run, if we don't take advantage of this tool, we're letting precious DONATIONS go straight down the toilet. So logically speaking, if you phone-from-home, you are actually helping the campaign to make better use of their expenditures, which can be considered as donating to the campaign with your time and effort without using any money (outside of your internet and phone fees).

We have tens of thousands of Ron Paul supporters across the country, if just ten people called for a couple of hours in each state, that would make a tremendous difference right there. We all need to be in the habit of getting on the program whenever we have free time, there is always a call list up and those lists are put up for a reason.

Check-in here on this thread if you are making a real and conscious effort to phone-from-home.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg560/scaled.php?server=560&filename=hq5b.jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg256/scaled.php?server=256&filename=hq1i.jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg802/scaled.php?server=802&filename=hq3t.jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg191/scaled.php?server=191&filename=hq2g.jpg&res=landing

DonovanJames
04-25-2012, 10:23 PM
He's not winning Texas.

This thread is not for you.

I have not done my part for PFH -- I did for a weekend straight about a month ago and let me tell you, its about less than a 5% success rate and extremely daunting. GOTV is much more fun and electric but it sure as shit does not make the difference. Well mannered (not necessarily well spoken) cold calling is what will make or break this campaign. Some people may not be swayed but there is something that all American's can appreciate and that is dedication and hard work.

I got, "I won't vote for him but I respect what you are doing" more than anything else and that was enough to keep me calling.

I am going to make this promise to everyone that reads this right now that I will make ATLEAST 20 calls before Saturday - I will report my results in this very thread

sailingaway
04-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I will match that, but maybe not UNTIL Saturday. Possibly Friday.

The Northbreather
04-25-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm in for my google talk limit

eleganz
04-25-2012, 11:15 PM
This thread is not for you.

I have not done my part for PFH -- I did for a weekend straight about a month ago and let me tell you, its about less than a 5% success rate and extremely daunting. GOTV is much more fun and electric but it sure as shit does not make the difference. Well mannered (not necessarily well spoken) cold calling is what will make or break this campaign. Some people may not be swayed but there is something that all American's can appreciate and that is dedication and hard work.

I got, "I won't vote for him but I respect what you are doing" more than anything else and that was enough to keep me calling.

I am going to make this promise to everyone that reads this right now that I will make ATLEAST 20 calls before Saturday - I will report my results in this very thread

Make that 100 calls before Saturday and I will match that, plus when I get to the LA phone bank on Friday afternoon, I'll make 500 calls.

Dogsoldier
04-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Can you tell me anything about nebraska?is it gonna be a caucus?I know people in nebraska that are for ron paul but i need info to give them.Do they need to become delegates?

eleganz
04-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Can you tell me anything about nebraska?is it gonna be a caucus?I know people in nebraska that are for ron paul but i need info to give them.Do they need to become delegates?

check my sig for information on how Nebraska works.

idiom
04-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Is there a good reason we are not optimistic about California?

eleganz
04-25-2012, 11:47 PM

I'm very optimistic about CA, it is why I mentioned it and it's 172 delegates in the OP. :)

sailingaway
04-25-2012, 11:48 PM

Huge, populous, TV isn't just watched it is the 'company' of the 'company town' of Los Angeles.... and very very expensive media markets. When there is a huge population and very expensive media market you really need free earned media and Ron never gets any. Having said that, if his delegate wins make news, California has a bunch of libertarian leaning conservatives. I'm more optimistic about specific district delegates, unless we can get some sort of momentum bump, but a good showing in Texas would go a long way. Also, we still have a few weeks to get people to register GOP.

So it is a hard nut to crack, but not necessarily one we won't crack.

Dogsoldier
04-25-2012, 11:53 PM
All I
m seeing is voting in the primary...what about becoming a delegate in nebraska?

eleganz
04-26-2012, 12:19 AM
All I
m seeing is voting in the primary...what about becoming a delegate in nebraska?

you can try googling 'the green papers nebraska'

eleganz
04-26-2012, 11:53 AM
so who is REALLY in it to win it?

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I was trying to find the phone from home threads with the video of Ron asking people to phone from home and was unable to find it. I understand Mitt is trying to woo santorum folks into a slate which elects virtually all Romney folks even if some used to be Santorum folks. OUR guys NEED to turn out, and we need to use phone from home to let them be sure there is still a real contest going on, given the media blackout.

jkr
04-26-2012, 12:29 PM
LET
ME
SEE
YOUR
WOR
FACE
!

ClydeCoulter
04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
i'm :mad: as Hell and I ain't gonna take it.....

MelissaCato
04-26-2012, 01:37 PM
so who is REALLY in it to win it? ME ME ME ME Ron Paul 2012!!!

Britannia
04-26-2012, 01:44 PM
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender

- Winston Churchill

I'm sure Sir Winston wouldn't mind me paraphrasing him.

drummergirl
04-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Well, I can tell you from where I sit in the middle of Texas, there is a good chance Ron Paul will win Texas and take a majority of those 155 delegates to Tampa. I don't expect it to be easy, but it is within our grasp. Stay the course.

idiom
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I want to win Texas so badly.

eleganz
04-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Well, I can tell you from where I sit in the middle of Texas, there is a good chance Ron Paul will win Texas and take a majority of those 155 delegates to Tampa. I don't expect it to be easy, but it is within our grasp. Stay the course.

I feel exactly how you do. Let's take texas

Champ
04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Sorry, I am still relatively new to the rpforums even though I have been lurking non-stop since before Iowa, so I may not have a clue as to what I am talking about.

But wouldn't it be most beneficial if threads like this, with real information on how to make a difference in getting people to vote for RP, was put on the main page for the remainder of the presidential election? We can't afford to lose 10, or 20, or even 30 people that would have helped, just because they missed some of the most basic info like this directing them in how to help the campaign for RP. This info should be the first thing people see when they come to the sight looking for how they can help Ron Paul. I know a lot of good information is stickied in the grassroots section of the forums, and that's great, but I think that a lot of time people are going to look at items of interest that attract their attention the most, like the recent discussions thread list on the left side of the main page or the massive Thomas Massie money bomb banner.

Just a thought.

eleganz
04-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Sorry, I am still relatively new to the rpforums even though I have been lurking non-stop since before Iowa, so I may not have a clue as to what I am talking about.

But wouldn't it be most beneficial if threads like this, with real information on how to make a difference in getting people to vote for RP, was put on the main page for the remainder of the presidential election? We can't afford to lose 10, or 20, or even 30 people that would have helped, just because they missed some of the most basic info like this directing them in how to help the campaign for RP. This info should be the first thing people see when they come to the sight looking for how they can help Ron Paul. I know a lot of good information is stickied in the grassroots section of the forums, and that's great, but I think that a lot of time people are going to look at items of interest that attract their attention the most, like the recent discussions thread list on the left side of the main page or the massive Thomas Massie money bomb banner.

Just a thought.

Even the new guy gets it!

Plus rep.

Everyone get on phone from home!!!

40oz
04-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't know the capabilities of the voip system but a weekly web conference for the noobs would be awesome. You executive types know what I'm talking about.

Freespeech468
04-26-2012, 03:59 PM

im all in, GO RON PAUL!!!

You would think the campaign would send e-mails to all who have donated, sheesh

maxoutco
04-26-2012, 04:17 PM

I still think we should do an all out billboard war on these states. We can really push the main topics that people don't know about like: electability, saving social security, and the anti-romney presence.

Freespeech468
04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I still think we should do an all out billboard war on these states. We can really push the main topics that people don't know about like: electability, saving social security, and the anti-romney presence.

but why push something that has an effective rate lower than something that has a higher effective rate as calling people directly and discussing those issues?

Feelgood
04-26-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't know the capabilities of the voip system but a weekly web conference for the noobs would be awesome. You executive types know what I'm talking about.

Interesting. I have at my disposal a dedicated server I use to host my online games I play for the clan. I currently have a 250 slot TS3 server. My license allows for up to 512 slots, so I can easily create another TS3 server with 250 slots to use for voip chatting and such that might be needed for conferencing, tutoring or even collaborating.

If this could be of use, please let me know, and I will make it happen.

eleganz
04-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Interesting. I have at my disposal a dedicated server I use to host my online games I play for the clan. I currently have a 250 slot TS3 server. My license allows for up to 512 slots, so I can easily create another TS3 server with 250 slots to use for voip chatting and such that might be needed for conferencing, tutoring or even collaborating.

How does it work? is it a link that you set up for people to enter in the chat through?

Can we have a conference call tonight or tomorrow?

It is absolutely imperative that we get people on a conference call but the bottom line is to get as many people as we can on phone from home.

DonovanJames
04-26-2012, 10:02 PM

This would be great -- how can we implement? What I see a large problem with the PFH system is it can be sometimes very individual based, very alone. If we could have a chat room where we are able to swap success stories, conversation strategies, icebreakers and more on the fly it could amount to some infectious energy.

(I might of stretched my back-round slightly and I also speak slower and more of a southern drawl, dis-genuine but effective)
I had a great call today where the guy on the line, Allen, regurgitated the ole:

Allen: "I like Ron Paul but, his foreign policy..."
Me: "I was the same way, until I talked to a man who put it to me plainly. He said, "If you were going to protect your home from intruders.. you wouldn't grab a gun and go out to neighboring Counties trying to stop intruders. You would sit on the porch with a pot a coffee and a shotgun watching your fence." -- Ron Paul is the only guy with common sense to use all of our military might and watch our fence while we get our economy back on track.

It seemed to have stuck, he didn't come outright and say it but I could tell from the tone from there on out.

Will you get hung up on? Yes
Will you get 12301541234 disconnected phones, no answer, straight to message, wrong numbers? Yes
Will you get that tough bull headed guy that just wants to argue? Surprisingly, not all that often
Will you get an Allen every once in awhile? Yes
Does Allen know about 5 more people he just might tell after talking to you? You bet your ass.

Champ
04-26-2012, 11:26 PM
I've been using ventrilo and teamspeak for online video gaming for almost a decade now, so I fully endorse this idea. Anyhow, it's a great tool for gathering people together that have similar interests, such as we do, for exchange of thoughts and ideas in a timely manner. I would fully support some kind of rpforums teamspeak server or something similar, in order to provide another means of communication for us, especially when working on these types of group oriented efforts. As far as I know teamspeak provides a chatroom in addition to the voice communication, so it works for both purposes.

eleganz
04-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Need you guys on phone.ronpaul2012.com right now, tomorrow is the big day

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY.

We have 2 hours left to call and find Louisiana Ron Paul supporters to help vote up delegates.

ARE YOU IN?

eleganz
04-28-2012, 05:53 PM
bump with pics, after the big news from MA and LA, we're pumping out calls to arm to get thousands of Los Angeles County Ron Paul supporters to pack this phone bank from 9am to 9pm every day until June 5th.

WE ARE IN IT TO WIN IT.

You can join us and call FROM HOME

eleganz
04-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Won Louisiana with 74% of the delegates Even more proof how important the phones are. If you want more repeat successes of Louisiana get on phone from home !!!

eleganz
04-30-2012, 02:20 AM
This is how we win, this is how we win.

I cannot stress PHONE FROM HOME enough.

Please help...S.O.S.

eleganz
04-30-2012, 09:14 PM
5th bump, guess I'm one of the only ones still in it to win it?

let's turn this election around!