PDA

View Full Version : Need Help For School Assignment ---- Abortion

No Free Beer
04-25-2012, 07:04 PM
I am creating an ad campaign for one of my classes.

I need to create two print ads (magazine ads) and write a TV commercial, as well as, a radio ad.

I was wondering if you all having any powerful statistics to help me in any of the ads.

My concept with the two print ads is that I want a powerful statistic with an alarming picture. The point of the print ads is to make people think twice about the issue, much like the tobacco ads.

I found these statistics almost immediately - 1.3 million abortions happen a year in the U.S. ; 3,562 a day.

http://www.northbynorthwestern.com/story/are-there-really-3700-abortions-each-day-in-the-us/

These two statistics are good, but I would like something even more powerful.

If you have any ideas that could help me, let me know.

Thanks to all.

JebSanderson
04-25-2012, 07:07 PM
No abortion is safe, it always results in a death.

tttppp
04-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Whats the point of this project?

No Free Beer
04-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Whats the point of this project?

Well, the point is for me to use my advertising skills to create an effective ad campaign with the subject of my choice.

I want to do what is known as a "cause" campaign.

I am vehemently pro-life and thought this would be perfect.

Philosophy_of_Politics
04-25-2012, 07:17 PM
All that really needs to be said is that it grants the authority of individuals to determine who is, and isn't, a human being. Which defies the point of equality, liberty, and human rights.

angelatc
04-25-2012, 07:19 PM

I need to create two print ads (magazine ads) and write a TV commercial, as well as, a radio ad.

I was wondering if you all having any powerful statistics to help me in any of the ads.

My concept with the two print ads is that I want a powerful statistic with an alarming picture. The point of the print ads is to make people think twice about the issue, much like the tobacco ads.

I found these statistics almost immediately - 1.3 million abortions happen a year in the U.S. ; 3,562 a day.

http://www.northbynorthwestern.com/story/are-there-really-3700-abortions-each-day-in-the-us/

Thanks to all.

If you want to speak to liberals, speak to the numbers of black and Hispanic babies that are killed every year. There is a lot of information around, but this can get you started: http://www.lifenews.com/2011/08/29/report-proves-planned-parenthood-targets-blacks-hispanics/

No Free Beer
04-25-2012, 07:21 PM
If you want to speak to liberals, speak to the numbers of black and Hispanic babies that are killed every year. There is a lot of information around, but this can get you started: http://www.lifenews.com/2011/08/29/report-proves-planned-parenthood-targets-blacks-hispanics/

thanks, I really appreciate it!

Kylie
04-25-2012, 08:43 PM
All that really needs to be said is that it grants the authority of individuals to determine who is, and isn't, a human being. Which defies the point of equality, liberty, and human rights.

This is for thinking people. Not your target audience for abortion.

For the video, I would go emotional. Have two operating rooms, both with babies who should be born, but one is killed(left to die) instead, and one(who is not in good shape) is being helped by the doctors for every chance at life. Then pan back to the one crying, in the trash. Talk about hitting home.

tttppp
04-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Well, the point is for me to use my advertising skills to create an effective ad campaign with the subject of my choice.

I want to do what is known as a "cause" campaign.

I am vehemently pro-life and thought this would be perfect.

The reason why I ask is because I would choose a different subject. There's really no win on this subject. No matter how great of an argument you come up with, there's another argument that will shut you down. In my opinion, the best way to sell something is to have something to sell. If you are a Ron Paul supporter, I would suggest another issue that has all benefits and no problems.

Beorn
04-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Is your prof/teacher pro-life?

adeel06
04-26-2012, 03:26 AM
How is there no win in the subject of Pro-life?! Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

cheapseats
04-26-2012, 04:02 AM

Beware the Cause that elicits ghoulish glee.

While condemning others based on your Beliefs, endeavor to keep in your mind a steady image of those really sincere but really scary Arab men who clap and grin when a stone hits its mark . . . the woman in the hole. PASSION is very much so a HANDLE WITH CARE proposition . . . same as Anger, right? RIGHT.

Here ya go, on a GOODER, more powerful statistic in this Hatfield & McCoy DIVIDE & CONQUER feud.

NUMBER OF ABORTIONS: 1.3 million annually, 3562 per day.

NUMBER OF RECKLESS OAT SOWERS: Somewhat less than that.

NUMBER OF CULPABLE OAT SOWERS: Zero, zip, zilch, goose egg, 0.

pcgame
04-26-2012, 06:10 AM

No Free Beer
04-26-2012, 08:14 AM
If I decide not to do abortion, what other issue, which RP represents, would be good to do?

Thanks

Acala
04-26-2012, 09:33 AM
If I decide not to do abortion, what other issue, which RP represents, would be good to do?

Thanks

How about the debt, which is actually a proper Federal issue and is going to destroy economic life as we have known it. Kind of important.

jmdrake
04-26-2012, 09:57 AM

Thanks

How about foreign policy? How about an add that shows how the plight of Iraqi Christians has gotten worse since we overthrew Saddam?

Some resources:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/05/international/middleeast/05syria.

http://the-classic-liberal.com/conservative-war-christians/

http://thenewamerican.com/world-mainmenu-26/asia-mainmenu-33/11443-christian-massacres-a-result-of-us-foreign-policy

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2012/03/10/world/middleeast/20120311-CHRISTIANS.html

cheapseats
04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
How about the debt, which is actually a proper Federal issue and is going to destroy economic life as we have known it. Kind of important.

Staggering STUDENT DEBT mirrors, and I mean EXACTLY, "our" staggering Federal Debt (and State deficits).

I'll tell you two things about back when I went to school and dinosaurs roamed the earth:

1.) NO ONE I KNEW was saddled with Student Debt. ALL OF MY PEERS graduated debt-free (tho certainly SCHOLARSHIPS were in play). Our parents simply PAID for it (with attending reminders about HOW GOOD WE HAD IT...which we did.) They also paid ROUTINE HEALTHCARE outta pocket (without going into shock or debt)...insurance was for BIG TICKET issues.

2.) We still eagerly awaited HARD COPY MAIL in those days, but we NEVER received indiscriminate EASY CREDIT! credit card applications. Nor did our parents GIVE us credit cards "for emergencies", nor phones that magically transferred invisible funds. We were not nearly as smart as we thought we were, but we WERE smarter than our phones.

Acala
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Staggering STUDENT DEBT mirrors, and I mean EXACTLY, "our" staggering Federal Debt (and State deficits).

I'll tell you two things about back when I went to school and dinosaurs roamed the earth:

1.) NO ONE I KNEW was saddled with Student Debt. ALL OF MY PEERS graduated debt-free (tho certainly SCHOLARSHIPS were in play). Our parents simply PAID for it (with attending reminders about HOW GOOD WE HAD IT...which we did.) They also paid ROUTINE HEALTHCARE outta pocket (without going into shock or debt)...insurance was for BIG TICKET issues.

2.) We still eagerly awaited HARD COPY MAIL in those days, but we NEVER received indiscriminate EASY CREDIT! credit card applications. Nor did our parents GIVE us credit cards "for emergencies", nor phones that magically transferred invisible funds. We were not nearly as smart as we thought we were, but we WERE smarter than our phones.

Yup. And a couple decades of government subsidy and intervention has priced almost everyone into desperation. It is really the ultimate genius of the banking scam - pour inflated money into a sector of the economy through government subsidy and government-backed bank credit causing prices to go up to the point where the only way most people can afford the service is by borrowing from the banks or with government handouts. In this way the banks have inserted themselves as an indispensible party in nearly every home, auto, and education purchase. The Republican's health care savings account is the next move, making the banks a party to funding health care as well. And the food stamp program, which includes something like 20% of American households, is administered by banks, so they have wormed their way into the food supply as well.

Sam I am
04-26-2012, 10:53 AM

Thanks to all.

Generally speaking, unless your teacher has indicated to the class in some way that political ads are normal, for this project, I'd steer clear of covering a political subject.

Titus
04-26-2012, 10:58 AM
I would actually talk about the drug war. With this topic, you can cover state and federal debt, governmental intrusion into daily affairs and alleviating racial/financial tensions that currently grip the country. By ending the drug war, a lot of debt goes away, the government would lack the authority to criminalize people seeking health benefits and the country would feel more like a welcoming place again.

If you wanted to go really unique and your town/city has red light cameras, you could talk about machines convicting people and edging towards a 1984 society.

azxd
04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Food for thought, if you stay with the abortion topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93cFOjDG-Ks