PDA

View Full Version : Help with TV ad

CJH
11-15-2007, 11:01 AM
I have written the ad copy for two 30-second campaign ad spots to enter the TV ad contest for Ron Paul. If one wins it will be aired during the next debate. I am a copy writer with no video/production experience, so I need help turning the ads into an NTSC-ready TV format. If you have experience with video production and are looking for an opportunity to showcase your work on the national level e-mail coreyhutchins@gmail.com and I can show you the scripts and see if we can work it out.

The video must be produced and packaged before Nov. 23

Kapt Nemo
11-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I might be able to help out with that.. I've got plenty of rendering software on my home pc... at work right this minute, about 5 hrs to go... I'll load the programs onto my laptop and work on it while I'm at work if need be... What have you got done so far?

CJH
11-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Kapt,
I've got the entire scripts written. It will be tough to produce because, of course, we'll need the actors and director, but because this is such an organic thing I figure it would be incredibly easy to find supporters willing to play the roles. Here is the first script. This one would be incredibly galvanizing and would need tweaking as we better understand Dr. Paul's position on the subject. Personally, I don't think the campaign would ever "approve" of this, but if they did, the bare bones of the ad spot would be this:

MUSIC: Generic indie rock, instrumental only.

EXT: A college-aged white guy in a “STATE” hoodie is mulching the back lawn of an upper-middleclass suburban house in the fall, puffing on a joint and listening to his iPod.

EXT: Home from work early, his father pulls into the driveway.

INT: Throwing his keys on the kitchen counter, his father yells for his son,

FATHER: “MATT?”

INT: Father sees his son mulching the grass through the sliding glass door, opens it and steps outside.

EXT: Father walks up to son from behind, his son puffing away on the joint unaware his father is there and consumed by his music and the mulcher. His father taps him on his shoulder. Matt turns around, the mower stops, his eyes go from his smoldering joint to his father.

MATT: “Dad, I…”

EXT: Camera backs off as father walks with son slowly behind a woodshed with his arm around his son’s shoulders.

EXT: Father and son are behind the woodshed, son sitting on stump ashamed, his father pacing back and forth scratching the back of his neck.

FATHER: “Look, son, it’s not…it’s not like I never did it when I was your age. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t still do it now and again, either.”

EXT: Still pacing back and forth, the father sounds nervous but earnest.

FATHER: “I know we haven’t been close these days, Matt. I know we don’t really talk like we should…like we used to.”

EXT: Son is nodding on the stump, still looking ashamed.

FATHER: “Look, Matt…let’s not tell your mother about this…”

EXT: Camera fades as father and son sit on a hillside watching the sunset, passing the between them. Fade to black.

EXT: Ron Paul walks slowly towards the camera in a nice office, much like one of a well-off attorney.

RON PAUL: “Hello, my name is Ron Paul and I approved this message because I’m for the decriminalization of marijuana AND traditional American family values. Remember, this isn’t my revolution…it’s yours.”

Roll Ron Paul for president logo “Ron Paul 2008, join the next great American revolution.”