PDA

View Full Version : Big Pharma: Drug Them and Then Deny End-Of-Life Care

John F Kennedy III
04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Big Pharma: Drug Them and Then Deny End-Of-Life Care

A. M. Freyed
Infowars.com
April 25, 2012

“We need careful and controlled scientific studies showing the efficacy of these drugs so funding can continue.” Broader awareness of these sorts of end-of-life psychedelic studies could be good for everyone, the researchers say. “If insurance companies knew about our outcomes, they might get a lot more interested in what we’re doing here.” Griffiths continued: “When you make people less afraid to die, then they’re less likely to cling to life at a huge cost to society. After having such a transcendent experience, individuals with terminal illness often show a markedly reduced fear of dying and no longer feel the need to aggressively pursue every last medical intervention available. Instead they become more interested in the quality of their remaining life as well as the quality of their death.” – NYTimes magazine

It has been revealed that magic mushrooms would be an effective way to treat people suffering from depression. It has an active chemical known as Psilocybin, which would play a significant role in treating key regions of the brain. The claim has come from two studies which have proved that the chemical is good for depression patients. The first study that got published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences involved 30 volunteers … MRI scans revealed that the drug helped to lower the activity that takes place in hub areas in brain and also helps to ease off the pressure on the other connected parts of the brain. The second study that has to appear in the British Journal of Psychiatry found that magic mushrooms helped people to revive their old happy memories. This led them to remain happy in the following days. – Top News

The global elites that control Big Pharma have a fascination not just with drugs but population control. Combining drugs and population control is a probable outcome of this extensive interest.

Easing death is probably just a prelude to generating it. Like laws themselves, these “trends” take on a life of their own over time.

What was once a treatment can easily become a pro-active application. Aggressively applied, drugs can not only treat death but provide causation.

This is no doubt part of the larger push toward government run health care. Once medical costs are shared throughout society, there is then justification to promote policies that “save the public money” … even when these policies are increasingly unethical.

Where are articles like the ones quoted here headed? Why toward a drug cocktail that will ease one out of this life with quick and painless efficacy.

And why stop there? If drugs can ease death while accelerating its imminence, it is only logical that the infirm, the crippled, the mentally challenged – all such individuals shall perhaps receive similar benefits.

If you go online, you’ll find numerous articles about how to treat both death and impeding depression via drugs – especially so-called psychedelic drugs.

This is likely just the beginning of a pernicious trend in which gradually drugs will be adjusted and cultivated for purposes of death therapy.

This is not just idle speculation either. Timothy Leary, who had extensive contacts with the CIA over the years, spent the last months of his life self medicating. We see this from Wikipedia:

In early 1995, Leary was diagnosed with inoperable prostate cancer … Leary authored an outline for a book called Design for Dying, which attempted to show people a new perspective of death and dying. Leary’s entourage (as mentioned above)—updated his website on a daily basis as a sort of proto-blog, noting his daily intake of various illicit and legal chemical substances, with a predilection for nitrous oxide, cigarettes, his trademark “Leary Biscuits” (a snack cracker with cheese and a small marijuana bud, briefly microwaved), and eventually heroin and morphine … Until the final weeks of his illness, Leary gave many interviews discussing his new philosophy of embracing death.

Leary, a ground-breaker when it came to psychedelic substances, thus continued his work even in old age. At 75, with cancer, he found new uses for drugs – not in treating end-of-life difficulties, but in ameliorating them.

The global elites that likely control the drug trade as well as the mainstream media are certainly laying the groundwork for the application of drugs to death. There are literally thousands of citations on the subject now on the Internet.

Like everything else in the modern age, therapies shall eventually be promoted that emerge will both dull the individual’s sense of fear over death and then usher him toward it.

Those who with the best intentions promote these sorts of therapies do not fully appreciate the way the larger elite command-and-control apparatus plays out.

Eugenics is a discipline that has been developed by elite families over the past 100 years. There is no evidence their fascination has lagged. Culling the human race remains a favorite theoretical and perhaps even practical pastime.

There is plenty of evidence for ongoing illicit experiments on human beings – the evidence merely hasn’t appeared yet but the pattern is clear. In the United States practices that have been considered unethical have often performed illegally.

Infection of people with STDs, exposure to biological and chemical weapons, radiation experiments and of course experimentation with LSD and other drugs are all part of US intelligence and military history.

The New York Times article sounds ground-breaking, and even inspiring in the way it is reported and written. But the evolution of these concepts may be a good deal grimmer and place the West in particular on the road toward state-approved eugenic selection.

original article here:
http://www.infowars.com/big-pharma-drug-them-and-then-deny-end-of-life-care/

ZenBowman
04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Don't see the problem with this.

Whether in a state-funded system, or in a free market medical system, people do not have unlimited resources and cannot afford to keep themselves alive forever. Easing the pain of death is a good idea, and if I were terminally ill, I'd definitely opt for something like this rather than being dependent on someone else forever.

Simple question for you: Do I have the right to end my life or not?

If you answer no, I have news for you, you are a fascist.

Zippyjuan
04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I am a bit confused here. Big Pharma, in collusion with or under the control of the Global Elites create drugs which keep people from dying from diseases (so that they can get all of that money and profits from the patients during their long lives) and at the other end, when care becomes the most expensive (and they can make the most money)- they want these people to die instead of creating more profits? And then keeping them alive with drugs during their lives is somehow connected with some plan to kill off people and reduce/ control population? Hmm. Seems to be on both sides of things.

ZenBowman
04-25-2012, 02:23 PM
I am a bit confused here. Big Pharma, in collusion with or under the control of the Global Elites create drugs which keep people from dying from diseases (so that they can get all of that money and profits from the patients during their long lives) and at the other end, when care becomes the most expensive (and they can make the most money)- they want these people to die instead of creating more profits? And then keeping them alive with drugs during their lives is somehow connected with some plan to kill off people and reduce/ control population? Hmm. Seems to be on both sides of things.

Standard operating protocol for disinfo agents.

John F Kennedy III
04-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Don't see the problem with this.

Whether in a state-funded system, or in a free market medical system, people do not have unlimited resources and cannot afford to keep themselves alive forever. Easing the pain of death is a good idea, and if I were terminally ill, I'd definitely opt for something like this rather than being dependent on someone else forever.

Simple question for you: Do I have the right to end my life or not?

If you answer no, I have news for you, you are a fascist.

You absolutely have the right to end your life. It's your life.

thoughtomator
04-25-2012, 02:33 PM
PhRma has run the numbers and realizes that profiteering on end-of-life cases is going to come to an end as Medicare goes under in 2 years from now.

Only a matter of time before euthanasia becomes a common form of "health care" here.

ZenBowman
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
You absolutely have the right to end your life. It's your life.

If its my life, there's nothing wrong with voluntary euthanasia.

PhRma has run the numbers and realizes that profiteering on end-of-life cases is going to come to an end as Medicare goes under in 2 years from now.

Only a matter of time before euthanasia becomes a common form of "health care" here.

Far preferable to spending the last months of your life hooked to an assload of machines if you ask me.

In a market system, euthanasia would already be commonplace, its government subsidization of end-of-life care that has stopped it from becoming the natural choice for most people.

John F Kennedy III
04-25-2012, 02:38 PM
If its my life, there's nothing wrong with voluntary euthanasia.

Correct.

Icymudpuppy
04-25-2012, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQNjJZFdLU

tttppp
04-25-2012, 02:56 PM
This is complete bullshit. Another stupid idea by the drug companies. Why don't they focus on developing cures instead of stupid things like this? If I was dying, I would want a cure for my condition. I don't want some pill that will make me think things are ok.

ZenBowman
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
This is complete bullshit. Another stupid idea by the drug companies. Why don't they focus on developing cures instead of stupid things like this? If I was dying, I would want a cure for my condition. I don't want some pill that will make me think things are ok.

Death is a part of life, imagining you can cure death is silly. You can cure one disease, another one will emerge.

tttppp
04-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Death is a part of life, imagining you can cure death is silly. You can cure one disease, another one will emerge.

Illnesses are not a part of life. You can cure almost any illness.

Who's to say death is a part of life? There's no reason we can't eventually cure death. Sitting around whining and saying there's nothing we can do, is a bad approach. It would be much better if we took a practical approach towards fixing the problem. Perhaps, taking all the money going towards bullshit drugs and allocating it to curing death would solve the problem.

ZenBowman
04-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Illnesses are not a part of life. You can cure almost any illness.

Who's to say death is a part of life? There's no reason we can't eventually cure death. Sitting around whining and saying there's nothing we can do, is a bad approach. It would be much better if we took a practical approach towards fixing the problem. Perhaps, taking all the money going towards bullshit drugs and allocating it to curing death would solve the problem.

Death doesn't need curing, death IS the cure.

Without death there is no life. Without destruction, there is no regeneration.

Out of the ashes rises the phoenix.

tttppp
04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Death doesn't need curing, death IS the cure.

Without death there is no life. Without destruction, there is no regeneration.

Out of the ashes rises the phoenix.

So if someone offered you a legitimate way to live forever, you would turn it down?

ZenBowman
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
So if someone offered you a legitimate way to live forever, you would turn it down?

Its an interesting idea, maybe out of sheer curiosity I would, but if someone offered me the ability to have everyone live forever, I would turn it down. If I were not being emotional and selfish, I would turn it down for myself as well.

Zippyjuan
04-25-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't see where, despite the headline, that drug companies are proposing to not provide any end of life care. Am I missing it?

Acala
04-25-2012, 03:40 PM
The REAL story here is that humans have used psychedelic drugs for positive purposes throughout history. The benefits of psychedelic drugs in the dying process were documented by Leary and others fifty years ago. Aldous Huxley purportedly chose to die under the influence of LSD. It was only the stupid government ban on psychedelic research (except for DOD) that stopped this area of medicine from being more fully explored long ago.

There is nothing wrong with trying to ease the suffering of the dying.

WarNoMore
04-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah this is a pretty bogus article. If there's anything sinister to watch out for, it would be that these drugs may be locked into this one specific purpose, to comfort the dying. There's no way the established order would want everyone to be able to use these drugs, which is why they are illegal now. Using these drugs to comfort the dying is fine, to only use them for this purpose is wrong as it is an infringement on the people's freedom to choose what they put into their own body.

tttppp
04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Its an interesting idea, maybe out of sheer curiosity I would, but if someone offered me the ability to have everyone live forever, I would turn it down. If I were not being emotional and selfish, I would turn it down for myself as well.

Just remember, even if you get infinite life, you can always change your mind and kill yourself. If you do the opposite and pass up infinite life, once you are dead you can't change your mind.

tttppp
04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
The REAL story here is that humans have used psychedelic drugs for positive purposes throughout history. The benefits of psychedelic drugs in the dying process were documented by Leary and others fifty years ago. Aldous Huxley purportedly chose to die under the influence of LSD. It was only the stupid government ban on psychedelic research (except for DOD) that stopped this area of medicine from being more fully explored long ago.

There is nothing wrong with trying to ease the suffering of the dying.

Except when the money could be better used on finding cures instead of scams like this.

dannno
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYNaDcYGaeI

Acala
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Except when the money could be better used on finding cures instead of scams like this.

Government should not be involved in funding medical research. Period. And that ends any policy disagreement you and I might have.

But real research into the benefits of psychedelics is no scam. It is far more important to overall enjoyment of life than is trying to squeeze a few more months of heart beats out of somebody who is living in constant pain and dementia. My mother is in this situation at the moment so I am getting a regular dose of the deranged manner in which our culture deals with the natural process of death..

tod evans
04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
The person/patient should have all known options available to them.

If the person isn't "all there" then their family should have the same options.

I happen to agree with Leary's approach......others won't.

What I don't agree with is the government and commercial drug companies limiting viable options.

Acala
04-26-2012, 10:36 AM
The person/patient should have all known options available to them.

If the person isn't "all there" then their family should have the same options.

I happen to agree with Leary's approach......others won't.

What I don't agree with is the government and commercial drug companies limiting viable options.

Agreed. As long as the person making the choices is also paying the bills.

tttppp
04-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Government should not be involved in funding medical research. Period. And that ends any policy disagreement you and I might have.

But real research into the benefits of psychedelics is no scam. It is far more important to overall enjoyment of life than is trying to squeeze a few more months of heart beats out of somebody who is living in constant pain and dementia. My mother is in this situation at the moment so I am getting a regular dose of the deranged manner in which our culture deals with the natural process of death..

Dementia is not a natural dieing process. The goal should be to cure it. Currently I do know its at least preventable if not curable.

The government should create a system that motivates companies to develop cures, not scams. It doesn't have to be a government run program. It would be largely privately funded, but the government would have a system in place the encourages cures.

Acala
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Dementia is not a natural dieing process. The goal should be to cure it. Currently I do know its at least preventable if not curable.

The government should create a system that motivates companies to develop cures, not scams. It doesn't have to be a government run program. It would be largely privately funded, but the government would have a system in place the encourages cures.

Dementia is probably the result of chronic inflammation, which is usually the result of diet and other lifestyle issues. There may also be other unknown causes, such as exposure to toxic substances. So, yes, probably curable.

But government has no business being involved in health care in any way at any level. There is plenty of incentive in the market for drugs that cure. Government will just screw things up. It always does.

But you are still going to die. All of us will. Figuring out how to do it with the least amount of suffering is a challenge for us, not just medically, but culturally and spiritually.

The Free Hornet
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
"This is likely just the beginning of a pernicious trend in which gradually drugs will be adjusted and cultivated for purposes of death therapy."

Death therapy? Where have I heard that before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPpJ37LsYtI

The doctors get largely cut out of the equation. No more late-life surgeries or endless diagnoses. Assembly-line medicine staffed by the lower paid, less skilled workers. The care is palliative so what could be the basis of a malpractice suit, not dying? Is there also motivation to have seniors semi-stoned for years on end? A recreational drug that isn't money in the pockets of tobacco or the breweries?

dannno
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM

Psychedelics give people the opportunity to experience energy and life beyond our normal perceptions. DMT is a natural substance produced by our brain every night when we dream, and is released in very large amounts at the time of death. Some people including myself who have experienced it believe that DMT is a mechanism that allows our consciousness to better communicate, mingle and even travel to and become apart of the greater consciousness, whatever that is exactly. It is why some people believe that it is quite possible that dreams are more real than our own life.

Anyways, by having these experiences, people are able to understand better how spiritual energy works and where it exists (in virtually everything). While people have a difficult time communicating many of these experiences in words, it is quite comforting to get the feeling that we are all apart of something that is not merely biological.

Psychedelics have been used a lot longer than Traditional Chinese Medicine and were an integral part of our evolution process. I don't think it is a "scam" at all.

tttppp
04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Dementia is probably the result of chronic inflammation, which is usually the result of diet and other lifestyle issues. There may also be other unknown causes, such as exposure to toxic substances. So, yes, probably curable.

But government has no business being involved in health care in any way at any level. There is plenty of incentive in the market for drugs that cure. Government will just screw things up. It always does.

But you are still going to die. All of us will. Figuring out how to do it with the least amount of suffering is a challenge for us, not just medically, but culturally and spiritually.

I don't have a problem with making the death process easier, and I don't have a problem with euthanasia. But the bulk of research dollars should be spent on finding cures. If the free market can do that, I'm all for that. But if businesses continue to focus on using 99% of their money on pills that don't cure anything, then the government should step in and put a system in place that will get most of the money spent on cures.

tttppp
04-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Psychedelics give people the opportunity to experience energy and life beyond our normal perceptions. DMT is a natural substance produced by our brain every night when we dream, and is released in very large amounts at the time of death. Some people including myself who have experienced it believe that DMT is a mechanism that allows our consciousness to better communicate, mingle and even travel to and become apart of the greater consciousness, whatever that is exactly. It is why some people believe that it is quite possible that dreams are more real than our own life.

Anyways, by having these experiences, people are able to understand better how spiritual energy works and where it exists (in virtually everything). While people have a difficult time communicating many of these experiences in words, it is quite comforting to get the feeling that we are all apart of something that is not merely biological.

Psychedelics have been used a lot longer than Traditional Chinese Medicine and were an integral part of our evolution process. I don't think it is a "scam" at all.

How are psychedelics better than a cure?

Acala
04-26-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't have a problem with making the death process easier, and I don't have a problem with euthanasia. But the bulk of research dollars should be spent on finding cures. If the free market can do that, I'm all for that. But if businesses continue to focus on using 99% of their money on pills that don't cure anything, then the government should step in and put a system in place that will get most of the money spent on cures.

Sorry, but I reject the notion that you get to use government to force ME to fund YOUR choice in medicine research. If you have particular requests of the free market that are not being met, fund them with your own dime, not mine. I have my own set of values and interests, thank you!

tttppp
04-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Sorry, but I reject the notion that you get to use government to force ME to fund YOUR choice in medicine research. If you have particular requests of the free market that are not being met, fund them with your own dime, not mine. I have my own set of values and interests, thank you!

If I was in charge, I would be able to put a system in place that encouraged cures, while eliminating all the bs regulations that are in place. In all, my system would save this country money. This doesn't even take into account the fact that millions of disabled people who are currently reliant on our system for money, would eventually be cured and would not need assistance anymore. Or the fact that the total amount of money you would need to spend on your health would go down, because you would have cures available instead of just bs pills that cover up the problems. Or the fact that the people reliant of our system for health care, would be less of a burden because they would receive cures which are less expensive that treatments. In all, I'd be saving you lots of money. You'd have more of your money to spend your way under my system that in the current system.

Acala
04-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Ain't no cure for death, bro. The sun comes up. The sun goes down. Or, to quote the Buddha on HIS deathbed, "Everything that has the nature of arising has the nature of falling away." Or, to quote Paul Simon "Everything put together sooner or later falls apart" (I had that put on bumper stickers and have one on each of my vehicles).

As between learning to not die and learning to die well, you are far more likely to succeed at the later.

tttppp
04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Ain't no cure for death, bro. The sun comes up. The sun goes down. Or, to quote the Buddha on HIS deathbed, "Everything that has the nature of arising has the nature of falling away." Or, to quote Paul Simon "Everything put together sooner or later falls apart" (I had that put on bumper stickers and have one on each of my vehicles).

As between learning to not die and learning to die well, you are far more likely to succeed at the later.

How do you know? How much money has been spent on finding a cure for death or at least extending our lives significantly? Probably very little money. I'll tell you what doesn't work, spending money on pills that just cover up the problems. Those are proven to be scams, and the bulk of research dollars are spent on them.

Acala
04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
If I was in charge, I would be able to put a system in place that encouraged cures, while eliminating all the bs regulations that are in place. In all, my system would save this country money. This doesn't even take into account the fact that millions of disabled people who are currently reliant on our system for money, would eventually be cured and would not need assistance anymore. Or the fact that the total amount of money you would need to spend on your health would go down, because you would have cures available instead of just bs pills that cover up the problems. Or the fact that the people reliant of our system for health care, would be less of a burden because they would receive cures which are less expensive that treatments. In all, I'd be saving you lots of money. You'd have more of your money to spend your way under my system that in the current system.

The fundamental principle of socialism is that there is a small group of people who are smarter than everyone else and, accordingly, should be empowered to make decisions for others by force. Not only is this a logical failure, it has always and everywhere been a practical failure as well. I have more than a little doubt that giving you dictatorial powers would have a different result. Therefore, I reserve the right to mind my own resources.

Acala
04-26-2012, 04:25 PM
How do you know? How much money has been spent on finding a cure for death or at least extending our lives significantly? Probably very little money. I'll tell you what doesn't work, spending money on pills that just cover up the problems. Those are proven to be scams, and the bulk of research dollars are spent on them.

There is plenty to deplore in the health care system as it exists today. On this we agree. But the answer is more freedom, not a different kind of tyranny. If human beings are to become immortal, it will not be through the efforts of government. Government destroys everything it touches.

tttppp
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
The fundamental principle of socialism is that there is a small group of people who are smarter than everyone else and, accordingly, should be empowered to make decisions for others by force. Not only is this a logical failure, it has always and everywhere been a practical failure as well. I have more than a little doubt that giving you dictatorial powers would have a different result. Therefore, I reserve the right to mind my own resources.

What exactly is wrong with my system? Lower regulations. More cures. Less money spent on people with disabilities. Less money spent on health insurance. No need for social security. I could go on. Which of these things do you disagree with. How is this socialism? How is this inconsistent with most people's beliefs on RPF?

tttppp
04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
There is plenty to deplore in the health care system as it exists today. On this we agree. But the answer is more freedom, not a different kind of tyranny. If human beings are to become immortal, it will not be through the efforts of government. Government destroys everything it touches.

Whats wrong with the government saying to the free market "find me a god damn cure", and allowing the free market to do so?

Acala
04-26-2012, 04:47 PM
What exactly is wrong with my system? Lower regulations. More cures. Less money spent on people with disabilities. Less money spent on health insurance. No need for social security. I could go on. Which of these things do you disagree with. How is this socialism? How is this inconsistent with most people's beliefs on RPF?

I'm not sure I understand what your system is? The implications seems to be that you, or some government agency, "directs" people to do the research that you, or some government agency, wants done. Presumably I will have to pay for that with my taxes. I have other things I would like to do with my money than pursue YOUR interests.

Acala
04-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Whats wrong with the government saying to the free market "find me a god damn cure", and allowing the free market to do so?

It depends on how it says it. if it says it with guns or with money it stole from somebody then it is immoral and I oppose it. If it says it like "please do this even though we have no way to pay you and no way to force you, but pretty please???" Then I am okay with it.

dannno
04-26-2012, 04:52 PM

It's not "better", but I wouldn't discount the importance of this because stress is the biggest root cause of most diseases.. So a person who doesn't fear death will be able to both avoid and better overcome any potentially deadly illnesses.

Psychedelics also help people overcome depression, OCD and general anxiety.

tttppp
04-26-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure I understand what your system is? The implications seems to be that you, or some government agency, "directs" people to do the research that you, or some government agency, wants done. Presumably I will have to pay for that with my taxes. I have other things I would like to do with my money than pursue YOUR interests.

I would put incentives in place for results achieved by companies. I would place no regulations on them. There are a couple of ways I could place incentives on them. One being making their tax rate determined on finding cures. The other is to give incentives to venture capital firms that invest in companies that create cures, making it more profitable for venture capital firms to take a necessary risk.

If my system puts more money in your pocket, then what problem do you have with it? The whole point of government is to get results, not manage it the way you want it. If I put more money in your pocket and give you the option of living longer and healthier, then whats your problem? I'm putting the money in your pocket, not mine. This is YOUR interest too.

tttppp
04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
It depends on how it says it. if it says it with guns or with money it stole from somebody then it is immoral and I oppose it. If it says it like "please do this even though we have no way to pay you and no way to force you, but pretty please???" Then I am okay with it.

I guess you are for complete anarchy. I've thought about this subject before, and I have always concluded that there needs to be some sort of system in place to manage everyone. You cannot completely eliminate government functions, however you can do what I want to do, and that is to scrap everything and start from scratch. Put in a simple system of rules similar to the constitution, and put in a system that encourages good behavior from companies and people. By doing so, you can eliminate almost all regulations and still get what you want.

tttppp
04-26-2012, 05:33 PM
It's not "better", but I wouldn't discount the importance of this because stress is the biggest root cause of most diseases.. So a person who doesn't fear death will be able to both avoid and better overcome any potentially deadly illnesses.

Psychedelics also help people overcome depression, OCD and general anxiety.

Then SOME money should be invested in them, but the MOST money should go towards finding cures.

Plus psychedelics are like medications. They have to be taken forever, or else they will stop working. A true cure has more value because once you are cured, you don't need anymore treatment. Therefore, there's less strain on our system.