PDA

View Full Version : RNC officially names Mitt Romney the party's 'presumptive nominee'

Tiso0770
04-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Oiy....now i have a headache....

By Michael A. Memoli

April 25, 2012, 8:31 a.m.

The Republican National Committee officially declared Mitt Romney the party's presumptive nominee Wednesday and announced steps toward a full merger of the two entities' campaign infrastructure.

The move comes after a night in which Romney won all five Northeast states that held primaries, giving him another major delegate boost even though he's still shy of the 1,144 he needs to formally clinch the nomination.

The party already has taken steps to help its eventual nominee prepare for the general election, and said Wednesday it is clear Romney will be their candidate.

"He is our presumptive nominee. That means he is our guy," Reince Priebus said. "It's beyond an endorsement. It is a complete merger wherein the RNC is putting all of its resources and energy behind Mitt Romney to be the next president of the United States."

According to the party, Romney campaign adviser Brian Jones will oversee the coordination between the two operations, which ultimately will synchronize their ground game and digital operations.

Kevin Madden, an informal Romney advisor and his 2008 national press secretary, will serve as an advisor and lead spokesman based in Washington.

The steps taken Wednesday will begin a race by the party to catch up with the organizational head start that President Obama's campaign has had, a luxury that comes with incumbency and having no major primary challenge to deal with.

The Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee have been working hand-in-hand for more than a year at this point, and have dozens of field offices and paid staff fanned out in key battleground states.

Priebus said he sees a "seamless" transition coming on the Republican side.

"Our objective is to raise more money than we've ever raised in the history of the RNC, to communicate better than we've ever communicated, have social and digital reach that we've never seen before, and have a movement across this country that allows every person in America, no matter where you're from, to be able to tap into that movement," he said.

"Everything that the DNC is doing for Barack Obama, we are going to do times 10 for Mitt Romney."

michael.memoli@latimes.com

Original source: RNC officially names Mitt Romney the party's 'presumptive nominee'

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-rnc-officially-names-mitt-romney-the-partys-presumptive-nominee-20120425,0,790798.story

wgadget
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't care if the RNC names Mitt Romney the Easter Bunny, they still can't make me VOTE for him.

And you can Tweet that. :D

floridasun1983
04-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Not much of a surprise there.

Tiso0770
04-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Ah!, Mitt Romney as a Easter bunny, i can't even imagine painting a picture in my mind on that one, what a scary thought....Imagine Mitt putting IOU's in the easter eggs.

Lucille
04-25-2012, 01:42 PM
"Our objective is to raise more money than we've ever raised in the history of the RNC, to communicate better than we've ever communicated, have social and digital reach that we've never seen before, and have a movement across this country that allows every person in America, no matter where you're from, to be able to tap into that movement," he said.

"Everything that the DNC is doing for Barack Obama, we are going to do times 10 for Mitt Romney."

What a waste of time and money.

Icymudpuppy
04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
They must really like Obama.

Lightweis
04-25-2012, 01:48 PM
yucky

jcarcinogen
04-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I hate republicans.

jkr
04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
STUPID IS as these folks do...nothing new here. more demoncrats in republican clothing.:eek:

they are going down in flames.:cool:

the gop will be no more
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6690941485_4018900d58_b.jpg

jersdreams
04-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Why is everyone so sure Romney is toast...he is polling pretty dead even with Obama in the polls.

brandon
04-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Why is everyone so sure Romney is toast...he is polling pretty dead even with Obama in the polls.

A lot of people here live in their own little fantasy world where Ron Paul would be a shoe in and Romney has no chance. It's not based in reality at all. I think things look much more promising for Romney than they did for McCain. He will get the anti-Obama vote by default, plus he's palatable to liberals and indys as well. Of course a serious 3rd party challenger would completely change this.

wgadget
04-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Many have listened to Ron Paul's fierce opposition to the FED and agree with him. There's NO WAY those people will vote for another puppet. You can't put the genie back into the bottle.

jcarcinogen
04-25-2012, 02:18 PM

Who are they polling? They acted like McCain had a chance too.

brandon
04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure they are polling American voters.

jcarcinogen
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM

EDIT: Sorry I was a little Romney-ish by being douchey and betting.

thoughtomator
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM
The RNC is also invited to presume it will have to figure out a way to win without my vote - if, indeed, it actually wants to win (a dubious assertion at this point).

Lafayette
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM

Because they are the same person in every way that counts. Even if the man known as "Romney" wins, its just Obama with white skin and nicer hair.
The GOP wanted a big government liberal and thats they are going to get.

belian78
04-25-2012, 02:49 PM
A lot of people here live in their own little fantasy world where Ron Paul would be a shoe in and Romney has no chance. It's not based in reality at all. I think things look much more promising for Romney than they did for McCain. He will get the anti-Obama vote by default, plus he's palatable to liberals and indys as well. Of course a serious 3rd party challenger would completely change this.

I live in reality, and IMO once the Obama machine gears up, it will chew poor Willard up and spit him out. He'll be painted as the hateful capitalist who wants to eat babies and other such nonsense. Willard loses by no less than 12 points, I'll put money on that.

Drex
04-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Mittens who?

RonRules
04-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Imagine his picture in all elementary classrooms.

Isn't that enough for you to double your efforts to prevent that?

Let's get 5 states with a plurality of delegates and in parallel make a strong effort to expose the obvious election fraud through vote flipping.

DEGuy
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Romney got less than 2% of the registered voters in New York to vote for him in the primary yesterday. Justin Bieber could get a larger crowd than that.

(Granted, New York votes Democratic, but it's just an example of how little of the population Romney is actually reaching)

_pauladin_
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
I live in reality, and IMO once the Obama machine gears up, it will chew poor Willard up and spit him out. He'll be painted as the hateful capitalist who wants to eat babies and other such nonsense. Willard loses by no less than 12 points, I'll put money on that.
That's how I feel as well. The media's being super nice to Romney since they're trying to prevent Ron Paul from getting nominated. If Romney's officially gets to be the nominee, the media won't be nearly as kind to him anymore.

The Northbreather
04-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I will never vote for RMoney or Obomber. Never.

Emperius
04-25-2012, 03:07 PM

A few out today have Obama up by 8.

Once the Obama campaign is in full gear, expect that number to skyrocket. The more people see of Romney, they less they like him.

KMX
04-25-2012, 03:23 PM

What are you shooting in your arm? Mitt don't have a chance in hell. Slap yourself.

You live in your own world. Ron Paul would be a shoe in and Romney does have NO CHANCE.

My whole family is American, we are all voting no one but Paul..... They havent "polled" us.

A few out today have Obama up by 8.

Once the Obama campaign is in full gear, expect that number to skyrocket. The more people see of Romney, they less they like him.

Obama is going to crush Romney if that is what happens, however Like I have been saying from day one. Ron Paul is going to win this.

kathy88
04-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. By the time Tampa rolls around he will be way behind in the polls. And he's been pretty careful up to this point. But remember when he and Santorum were neck and neck before Super Tuesday? He said some pretty stupid stuff on the campaign trail. He's going to choke under the pressure and turn a lot of poeple off. Doubtful the pollsters are going to continue polling Ron against Obama, but we can refer to the older ones to at least get the ideas out there.

nobody's_hero
04-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Deleted.

Carson
04-25-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't care if the RNC names Mitt Romney the Easter Bunny, they still can't make me VOTE for him.

And you can Tweet that. :D

Maybe you should add the qualifier, "knowingly" to your statement.

I would think Matt McDonald felt the same way. Turned out he did without his consent as far as I've heard.

To hear Matt explain some of the fraud in Maine jump ahead to 3:29. (Doing so you will miss some of Ben Swann's beef.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCryjDk2DPk

Then you have the Flipping people. If their claims pan out people all around the globe have been voting for candidates they wouldn't want to be associated with much less led by.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/morestuff/kvxni.jpg

anewvoice
04-25-2012, 06:00 PM

Paul might be able to beat Obama, Romney cannot. He inspires simply nobody, not social conservatives, not fiscal conservatives, not independents, nobody. Nobody actually seems to be moved by Romney, and that will not beat an incumbent. His policies are the same, he'll attack Obama and be shown as the hypocrit he is.

McCain lost in a disaster of an election, this may be worse. Romney will get the anti-Obama support, but even that is a small segment of the voting populace.