PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Wins Washington on Track to be Nominated

No1butPaul
04-25-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.policymic.com/articles/7460/ron-paul-wins-washington-on-track-to-be-nominated-at-2012-gop-convention

Darguth
04-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Uh...no. We haven't won Washington. Nor, as the article expresses, are we on-track in North Dakota. We lost North Dakota.

I'm happy with how we're doing in the caucus states, but we need to be accurate with the information we disseminate.

No1butPaul
04-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Uh...no. We haven't won Washington. Nor, as the article expresses, are we on-track in North Dakota. We lost North Dakota.

I'm happy with how we're doing in the caucus states, but we need to be accurate with the information we disseminate.

I think it's important to post what is being reported and state inaccuracies as we are able. Where I'm not able (because I just don't have that information available), I'm glad others can step in (as you did).

movingstone
04-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I think it's important to post what is being reported and state inaccuracies as we are able. Where I'm not able (because I just don't have that information available), I'm glad others can step in (as you did).

On that note, why are people saying we won Iowa while it is very very likely but the convention had not yet take place ??

So the five states that we will have plurality in are Minnesota, Iowa, Maine, Washington, (what is the fifth)?

Agorism
04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
On that note, why are people saying we won Iowa while it is very very likely but the convention had not yet take place ??

So the five states that we will have plurality in are Minnesota, Iowa, Maine, Washington, (what is the fifth)?

Some chance in Missouri. Possible chance in Alaska. Possible chance in Nevada. Less chance but who knows Louisiana?

Some other state? Montana has yet to caucus.

Morerockin
04-25-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.policymic.com/articles/7460/ron-paul-wins-washington-on-track-to-be-nominated-at-2012-gop-convention

Ok seriously, is there some sort of disinformation campaign going on to make RP supporters think the convention will be brokered or that RP will win the nomination? I mean seriously, Romney is KILLING IT in the delegate counts and just won 5 states! If Ron Paul is going to get nominated he will have to pull a miracle of astronomic proportions!!

It's NOT gonna happen!!! Are the RP campaign staff just saying this to get more money to continue the campaign to the convention ?

jbauer
04-25-2012, 01:11 PM
They're saying this because the nomination wasn't the end game. The movment is more important. At this time he's the ring leader. We need to keep fighting for liberty, taking positions within the GOP and trying to make a difference. He gains nothing by dropping out so why do it? Why not keep spreading the word?

Ok seriously, is there some sort of disinformation campaign going on to make RP supporters think the convention will be brokered or that RP will win the nomination? I mean seriously, Romney is KILLING IT in the delegate counts and just won 5 states! If Ron Paul is going to get nominated he will have to pull a miracle of astronomic proportions!!

It's NOT gonna happen!!! Are the RP campaign staff just saying this to get more money to continue the campaign to the convention ?

The Northbreather
04-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Where was this propaganda months ago when it would have been more useful

PolicyReader
04-25-2012, 01:20 PM

While I grant it's unlikely that aspect is no change and Romneys results last night while undesirable were expected based on the demographics. They were expected by the majority of annalists who look at demographics pretty much from before Iowa even voted and with deepening certainty throughout the race. The effects of last night neither confirm or deny anything they simply fit the projection. A projection we have to buck if we're going to succeed but these were not the states to bank on for doing that so while the results were obviously not desirable they don't hold many real implications. The upcoming contests to really look for are as follows

May 29, 2012
Texas (primary - Open) 155 total delegates ^Proportional^

June 5, 2012
California (primary - Closed) 172 total delegates
Montana (See link - Closed) 26 delegates
New Jersey (primary - Modified) 50 total delegates
New Mexico (primary - Closed) 23 total delegates ^Proportional^
South Dakota (primary - Closed) 28 total delegates ^Proportional^

Those are the days that we need to break the trend and top Willard, up to that point going forward we need to do well enough in the delegate take to keep his totals down. Yesterdays voting wasn't expected to do that, I'm glad our people fought and I crossed my fingers for an unexpected result but to be blunt if you thought there was any chance for Ron Paul to win at the beginning of April and you think there's no chance now then you need to dig deeper.

2c

tfurrh
04-25-2012, 01:54 PM

Guys this has always been about perception. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. 99% of the articles favorable to Mitt Romney are bogus too, but it has sure helped how voters perceive him. He's Mr. Electable! The articles that come through giving us any kind of credibility or momentum are few and far between. I don't care if they are bogus, we should be spreading them like wildfire. Instead, it looks like we threw a wet blanket on this one.

gerryb
04-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Where was this propaganda months ago when it would have been more useful

Maybe you weren't paying attention -- anyone who knew anything saw we won the delegates out of IA, NV, ME, MN, WA etc.

RPit
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Maybe you weren't paying attention -- anyone who knew anything saw we won the delegates out of IA, NV, ME, MN, WA etc.

But the fact is we haven't won the delegates in WA, and in fact the ball game in WA is extremely tight. By the end of Snohomish County Convention we were BEHIND Romney by a 104 delegates to State. By now we probably are equal or with slightly more.. none of this guarantees in any way or form a win in WA. Everything depends on Santorum and Gingrich delegates.