PDA

View Full Version : What happened in Missouri??? I thought we had this state???

Highstreet
04-25-2012, 05:03 AM
http://www.chillicothenews.com/news/x1364624535/District-GOP-convention

"The 6th District Republican Convention was one of nine taking place Saturday in Missouri to select delegates to the National Convention, as well as nominate presidential electors.

Statewide, a total of 12 delegates were bound to Mitt Romney, seven delegates were bound to Rick Santorum, four delegates were bound to Ron Paul and one delegate was bound to Newt Gingrich.

In addition to the delegates chosen throughout the state on Saturday, there will be an additional 25 delegates who will be bound at the state convention in June. The state chairman, national committeeman, and national committeewoman will also serve as delegates. In all, Missouri has 52 national delegates."

Suzu
04-25-2012, 07:18 AM
The simple answer is we didn't have the majority of delegates at most of the district conventions. CD8 had 91 out of 279. We could still win a plurality of delegates if we show up in force at the state convention, where an additional 25 RNC delegates will be chosen (by slate). We will probably need to convert some Gingrich and RS people to votes with us - which is very possible.

InTradePro
04-25-2012, 07:23 AM
According to
http://ronpaulflix.com/2012/04/ron-paul-flix-daily-news-apr-23-2012-delegate-wins-cispa-3rd-party-run-preparations/
@1:52 Romney 12, Paul 4

Okie RP fan
04-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Not what we expected would happen, plain and simple.

PaulSoHard
04-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Most Santorum people jumped on the Romney truck and teamed up against us because we teamed up with Romney against them during the county conventions.

DonovanJames
04-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Most Santorum people jumped on the Romney truck and teamed up against us because we teamed up with Romney against them during the county conventions.

This. Our split in CD7 (314) was 174 - 140 for basically every vote: Chair, Secretary, Secret Ballot Amendment, Slate, Platform

The totals that I had for our CD from initial coordiator reports were 105 Paul, 92 Romney, 114 Santorum, 3 Gingrich -- This shows we were able to garner 35 more True Conservatives after RS announced his campaign suspension. We are working on speaking with some of the more prominant conservative leaders in the State (We did not have enough time leading into the April 21 CD's)

But the sad reality was that a majority of the conservative voters fell in line with what the party had told them. In smaller rural counties of 30 or less delegation there is a certain political pressure that comes with a standing vote, when you feel strongly against the "front runner" but the only one of your county that is not standing during a vote, you are noticed and might consider your political career in that town over at that point.

This is hearsay so take it as such, but I was told at the convention by a Santorum leader in Greene County that the R.S. State coordinator sent out an email prior to the conventions for delegates to work with the Romney campaign now. It was under the pretense that Rick was bidding for a spot in the Romney administration and able to garner a conservative platform at the RNC. Oddly enough, the R.S. State Coordinator was then working for the Romney Campaign since his suspension...

sailingaway
04-25-2012, 09:01 AM
I understand we were close in key votes as DonovanJames says. We have to show up with all alternates in case 'theirs' don't. I'm remembering that in some places where Romney got delegates, we got FULL alternate slates. I'm hoping some of theirs don't show up.

sailingaway
04-25-2012, 09:02 AM

they completely shut us out places they had a majority, it isn't like we weren't defending our own interests.

Okie RP fan
04-25-2012, 10:44 AM
My question is, why was everyone tweeting and saying we won MO, when clearly, we did not? Heck, I have to tell my whole family now that he didn't come close to winning.

DonovanJames
04-25-2012, 10:46 AM
My question is, why was everyone tweeting and saying we won MO, when clearly, we did not? Heck, I have to tell my whole family now that he didn't come close to winning.

During or prior? You might of mistaken Missouri for Minnesota since they were on the same day?

Okie RP fan
04-25-2012, 10:50 AM
During or prior? You might of mistaken Missouri for Minnesota since they were on the same day?

I am assuming both during and after. And there was no mistake, some of my first tweets were "rt's" specifically stating we won MO.

Okie RP fan
04-25-2012, 10:50 AM

I am assuming both during and after. And there was no mistake, some of my first tweets were "rt's" specifically stating we won MO.

Dogsoldier
04-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Hey I was just as surprised.I thought we won it too at least after we won stcharles count 147 delegates I was like how could we lose?.We still have state to go though.

J_White
04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
lets hope for something better during the state convention, need to organize better.