PDA

View Full Version : Kitsap County GOP could be short delegates at state convention

sailingaway
04-24-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/apr/24/kitsap-county-gop-could-be-short-at-state/

sailingaway
04-24-2012, 08:23 PM
and apropos of absolutely nothing, this just came across twitter:

John Yowan ‏ @Yowan
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: @RonPaul Causes Liberty, Individualism, Peace, Prosperity, Equality and may Impair Tyranny. #GOP #RonPaul

JebSanderson
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Is that good for us or not?

RPit
04-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I think Kitsap was going to fall for Romney.. It is very likely that our folks delayed it hoping to cut down on 'their support' that would leave given a 'late night' caucus. So in my view its probably good for us. But I'm trying to ask people if we selected any delegates from Kitsap, no one I know seems to know...

In any case.. If Santorum and Romney folks combine at the State, you can kiss WA good bye.. This is what I feared when Santorum dropped out, and now he essentially endorsed Romney.

I hope the Santorum delegates remain against Romney and join with us, but given what happened in County/District Conventions I wouldn't hold my breath that they'd join us.

sailingaway
04-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I think Kitsap was going to fall for Romney.. It is very likely that our folks delayed it hoping to cut down on 'their support' that would leave given a 'late night' caucus. So in my view its probably good for us. But I'm trying to ask people if we selected any delegates from Kitsap, no one I know seems to know...

In any case.. If Santorum and Romney folks combine at the State, you can kiss WA good bye.. This is what I feared when Santorum dropped out, and now he essentially endorsed Romney.

I hope the Santorum delegates remain against Romney and join with us, but given what happened in County/District Conventions I wouldn't hold my breath that they'd join us.

Republicans are more anti-Paul than anti-Romney..

It sounds like the opposite, that everyone expected the time to be extended as it was in MANY places but the pro Romney chair took the excuse of the unreasonably early time to close (which might have been made specifically so the party could control it if the wrong people started being elected) and hammered down on the meeting on the dot, with only half the delegates elected. I suspect that means those are OUR delegates.

That has been the pattern when the Romney types either left to destroy quorum or fought extensions so all delegates or alternates couldn't be elected, in WA. I can think of two other circumstances like that in the Washington caucuses.

The Party guy is trying to make it sound like our people's fault the same way that county GOP chair in another thread demanded everyone leave the room because it had become a 'Ron Paul campaign event' when her choice for chair was voted down and a Ron Paul supporter installed instead.

RPit
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm not saying its our 'fault'. 4PM is way too early. My district ended at 11:30 fricking PM. So you do have a point that the management is at fault. Still it is possible the management feared a long battle where their people might not be up for it to stay and thus chose to stick with ending it all together.

The 'delaying' was probably us. But this isn't a 'fault'.. This is part of caucusing fair and square. 4PM is WAY TO EARLY so its the management's fault if anyone is at fault. But given the 4pm ending I don't even think there was any 'delaying', there is no way they could have finished in that time to begin with so ya maybe RP folks weren't delaying rather the contest was 'heated' that caused it to drag on. In my district (Snohomish County LD44) we went up till the last ballot to select everyone. And we weren't delaying and it ended up being 11:30PM. We wanted to delay but didn't need to because it was taking forever as it stood.