PDA

View Full Version : Romney Nomination in doubt – Brokered Convention likely

Harry96
04-24-2012, 04:51 PM
http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q22012/romney-nomination-in-doubt-brokered-convention-likely647/

Aratus
04-24-2012, 05:06 PM
lil newtie could drop days after delaware

rick S is 2 mill in DEBT so its Dr.RP or mitt

CTRattlesnake
04-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Those are only 3 states.

If we want to stop mitt, we have to win the upcoming primaries

RPit
04-24-2012, 05:08 PM
It would be very likely if we do especially well in NY and PA today. Fingers crossed for multiple CD wins in NY and delegate wins in PA... and TX needs to stay home except Ron Paul folks when time comes ;)

Aratus
04-24-2012, 05:50 PM
^^^^THIS^^^^

TheGrinch
04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
It would be very likely if we do especially well in NY and PA today. Fingers crossed for multiple CD wins in NY and delegate wins in PA... and TX needs to stay home except Ron Paul folks when time comes ;)

Ya know, we should almsot start a "Just Stay Home" campaign, for those who aren't excited about any of the republican candidates, for them to send a message... Will, maybe that'd be a bit disingenuous from us and possibly come off that way, but you get what I'm saying...

J_White
04-24-2012, 06:15 PM
lol, Stay at Home for other candidates' supporters
and Phone from Home and GOTV for Dr.Paul's !

Ya know, we should almsot start a "Just Stay Home" campaign, for those who aren't excited about any of the republican candidates, for them to send a message... Will, maybe that'd be a bit disingenuous from us and possibly come off that way, but you get what I'm saying...

zHorns
04-24-2012, 06:16 PM
CNN is reporting that Romney is planning a big speech tonight to start his general election campaign.

We could really use a win tonight.

TheGrinch
04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
lol, Stay at Home for other candidates' supporters
and Phone from Home and GOTV for Dr.Paul's !
Exactly!

Morerockin
04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q22012/romney-nomination-in-doubt-brokered-convention-likely647/

Pfft . . . the early numbers show Romney is pounding us tonight . . Anyone wanna put a $100 bet on a brokered convention?

coffeewithchess
04-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Those are only 3 states.

If we want to stop mitt, we have to win the upcoming primaries

Yep...and word on the street is that Mitt is going to basically declare himself the nominee tonight.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/romneys-big-speech-its-still-about-the-econom

So, unless the campaign is actually doing something to make the public aware that RP is "in it to win it", like attack Mitt Romney and President Obama...I don't see how getting delegates will matter, when the GOP will crown Romney the nominee and ignore any delegate process they have setup...if they really fear a brokered convention that will make the GOP look terrible (I know right, how much worse could it look?).

sailingaway
04-24-2012, 06:58 PM
CNN is reporting that Romney is planning a big speech tonight to start his general election campaign.

We could really use a win tonight.

these weren't states Ron was going to win without the media even reporting the wins he HAS had, for momentum.

I'm hoping for delegates in RI and PA though.

sailingaway
04-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Yep...and word on the street is that Mitt is going to basically declare himself the nominee tonight.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/romneys-big-speech-its-still-about-the-econom

So, unless the campaign is actually doing something to make the public aware that RP is "in it to win it", like attack Mitt Romney and President Obama...I don't see how getting delegates will matter, when the GOP will crown Romney the nominee and ignore any delegate process they have setup...if they really fear a brokered convention that will make the GOP look terrible (I know right, how much worse could it look?).

I so don't get that people think attacking people makes you any more in it to win it.

Aratus
04-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Morerockin... there are people at INTRADE who'd take you up on that bet but
its hard gettin' money to JAMES JOYCE's DUBLIN becuz of the usa gov't "regs"

Aratus
04-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Pfft . . . the early numbers show Romney is pounding us tonight . . Anyone wanna put a $100 bet on a brokered convention?

_____________________________ ! ____________________________________ ! ________________________________

RickyJ
04-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Even if it isn't a brokered convention the results Ron Paul is getting in Republican primaries is not even half of his overall support. He has much more support with Independents and gets a good percentage of democrats too as well as those who never voted before. He can do very well with a third party run, and get the required poll numbers to be included in the debates. That is key to him winning, getting in the debates with Romney and Obama. He would tear these establishment goons apart and the contrast between him and them would be so great that Ron Paul would have a decent chance of winning.

ChristopherShelley
04-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I so don't get that people think attacking people makes you any more in it to win it.

I agree!

coffeewithchess
04-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Even if it isn't a brokered convention the results Ron Paul is getting in Republican primaries is not even half of his overall support. He has much more support with Independents and gets a good percentage of democrats too as well as those who never voted before. He can do very well with a third party run, and get the required poll numbers to be included in the debates. That is key to him winning, getting in the debates with Romney and Obama. He would tear these establishment goons apart and the contrast between him and them would be so great that Ron Paul would have a decent chance of winning.

Do you think they would allow him in the debates? The two party system is very well controlled. The chances of a third party being in a debate today, about as likely as I am to win the lottery.
A third party run = waste of time, and definitely a waste of money.

Morerockin
04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
_____________________________ ! ____________________________________ ! ________________________________

Sweet, I like winning easy money!

coffeewithchess
04-24-2012, 07:23 PM

Sorry, but I don't see why the campaign keeps running around asking for millions of dollars if they aren't running ads. Staffing costs is minimal, as it changes with each and every primary...and the fact that we kept hearing it was a two man race, yet when it was a two man race...NOT ONE SINGLE AD for Ron Paul in Virginia, or even against Romney in Virginia.

I'll give you some people may not like attack ads, but the fact is they work...which is why politicians run them. The fact is, if the campaign isn't running attack ads...HOW ABOUT SOME ADS SHOWING RON PAUL'S ACTUAL POSITIONS?

No, instead the campaign allowed RP to be steamrolled for 2-3 weeks in December with everything under the sun from 20 years ago....NOT ONE SINGLE AD to dispel that crap. No, we had to wait on a Super PAC to produce/release an ad...because the campaign allowed RP to be buried by the MSM.

So, if you don't like attack ads...fine...how about the campaign finally release an ad addressing RP's foreign policy in a common sense way for the Republicans to understand with proper language...that most seem to misunderstand? Only been calling for that since last year...millions more spent/wasted and nothing on that topic?

Seriously though, running an attack ad with Santorum in it??????????????????????
Santorum is old news, if anything...run ads like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFZc3IKayw

If anything, that would probably GAIN us Santorum supporters.

Morerockin
04-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Sorry, but I don't see why the campaign keeps running around asking for millions of dollars if they aren't running ads. Staffing costs is minimal, as it changes with each and every primary...and the fact that we kept hearing it was a two man race, yet when it was a two man race...NOT ONE SINGLE AD for Ron Paul in Virginia, or even against Romney in Virginia.

I'll give you some people may not like attack ads, but the fact is they work...which is why politicians run them. The fact is, if the campaign isn't running attack ads...HOW ABOUT SOME ADS SHOWING RON PAUL'S ACTUAL POSITIONS?

No, instead the campaign allowed RP to be steamrolled for 2-3 weeks in December with everything under the sun from 20 years ago....NOT ONE SINGLE AD to dispel that crap. No, we had to wait on a Super PAC to produce/release an ad...because the campaign allowed RP to be buried by the MSM.

So, if you don't like attack ads...fine...how about the campaign finally release an ad addressing RP's foreign policy in a common sense way for the Republicans to understand with proper language...that most seem to misunderstand? Only been calling for that since last year...millions more spent/wasted and nothing on that topic?

Seriously though, running an attack ad with Santorum in it??????????????????????
Santorum is old news, if anything...run ads like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFZc3IKayw

If anything, that would probably GAIN us Santorum supporters.

You killed it! Couldn't agree more

Maximus
04-24-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm really disappointed that we never had a Carol Paul ad.