PDA

View Full Version : Video: NY Primary - 1st Voter - Voted using a Machine - Educated the Poll Watchers

tony m
04-24-2012, 10:15 AM
UPDATE Precinct Results:

My polling site had three precincts combined into one. They stated that 19 people showed up to vote. 19! There were 19 ballots used, 18 were scanned into the machine correctly and one was spoiled. Which means that the ladies made an error. It means that 18 people showed up and one person who to use two ballots because of the spoiled ballet. We are not allowed to view the actual voting ballots or the book with the signatures, we cannot confirm authenticity.

Results:
Romney - 10
Paul - 4
Gingrich - 3
Santorum - 1

I believe this will be pretty close to the actual New York state results.

Went to vote three hours after the polls opened. The pollsters told me I was the first one to vote. Used a fraud machine for the first time.

The great news was - Ron Paul was the first name listed on the ballot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yc1VROKGc0&feature=youtu.be

zHorns
04-24-2012, 10:19 AM
You rock, Tony!

Love the Paul sign plant in the beginning.

LisaNY
04-24-2012, 10:32 AM
nice Tony!

That's the same one I used, was rather disappointed it didn't show who I voted for.

zHorns
04-24-2012, 10:39 AM
nice Tony!

That's the same one I used, was rather disappointed it didn't show who I voted for.

When you vote for Paul, it should say "+1 for Liberty!"

Maximus
04-24-2012, 10:43 AM
First one? Wow! Everyone be sure to drive friends to the polls with you!

Kaulana
04-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Gj folks ... leaving in about 30 mins to cast mines one!

kahless
04-24-2012, 11:21 AM
I voted in Rockland County just a few minutes ago and I was only the 7th person to vote today in my district. Low voter turn out but everyone thinks more people will show up after work tonight. Only Presidential candidates on the ballot.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8645/ballotvoted.png

zHorns
04-24-2012, 11:23 AM
I voted in Rockland County just a few minutes ago and I was only the 7th person to vote today in my district. Low voter turn out but everyone thinks more people will show up after work tonight. Only Presidential candidates on the ballot.

I love that Paul is first on the ballot!

tony m
04-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I love that Paul is first on the ballot!

Very surprised about that. I actually find it hard to believe. Will have to inquire what determines the order...

It is great though!

Tiso0770
04-24-2012, 11:37 AM
You'd think that if you had electronic voting machines they could have made a machine that would printout a receipt with your number to be crossed matched online....we have to keep people honest.:)

bronxboy10
04-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Very surprised about that. I actually find it hard to believe. Will have to inquire what determines the order...

It is great though!

He was first on the ballot in Massachusetts as well. :)

bebliss
04-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Voted in Westchester County, Ron Paul was the first in the list.

JebSanderson
04-24-2012, 11:50 AM

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8645/ballotvoted.png

Why the hell is the ballot also in Spanish?

CTRattlesnake
04-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Public count: 1

Expected count: 2,998

lol

CTRattlesnake
04-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Why the hell is the ballot also in Spanish?

NYC has a large spanish population

JebSanderson
04-24-2012, 12:14 PM

But you have to speak English to pass your citizenship test, only citizens can vote, therefore ballots should only be in English.

kahless
04-24-2012, 12:25 PM
The last statistic I read had the Spanish speaking population around 3 million in NY state. Bi-lingual official forms are more the norm than unusual. Outside of government, if you look at the entertainment industry, in NYC, 2 of the top 8 highest Aribitron rated radio stations in NYC are Spanish language.

bronxboy10
04-24-2012, 12:28 PM
But you have to speak English to pass your citizenship test, only citizens can vote, therefore ballots should only be in English.

What if a child is born in the United States and the parents do not teach that child English? That child would grow up and speak a language other than English, but would still retain the right to vote.

Steve-in-NY
04-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Voted in NY CD2 - just got back from my polling place. I was #8. I know for a fact Paul got 2 more votes as well (my friends were right after me).
Paul is listed first on the ballot on LI NY as well.

kusok
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Just voted in NY Long Island. So did my father (I turned him to Ron paul a while back)

There was NOBODY there voting. And I too don't believe these machines (or people) for a split second.

wgadget
04-24-2012, 12:35 PM
I saw a story somewhere that said voting in NYC was just about nonexistent!

RonRules
04-24-2012, 01:08 PM

California has ballots in Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish. I think that's it.

Oh, forgot: English!

CTRattlesnake
04-24-2012, 01:10 PM
I saw a story somewhere that said voting in NYC was just about nonexistent!

Its a closed primary in a democratic stronghold

What did you expect?

liveandletlive
04-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Yea...basically no one here voting guys. Pathetic. All Dems. The poll workers were actually shocked someone walked in, i took the day off from work and made sure of this thing.

and yea the ballot is ridiculous looking with all the languages. If you cant speak english you shouldnt be allowed to vote, PERIOD

LisaNY
04-24-2012, 01:21 PM
y'all hush on the low turnouts!! we're not the only ones who can "get people out", if you know what I mean :)

WesSeid
04-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Went to vote three hours after the polls opened. The pollsters told me I was the first one to vote.

It'd be awesome if Honest Ron won the primary with only one vote.

digitaldean
04-24-2012, 01:33 PM
I just voted in Queens NY and they had at least 35 volunteers and 4 booths to vote in. When I walked in to when I left which was 15 minutes later nobody else came in. I did have a problem with the scanner since I asked the guy which side to put it in and he said any. It was not working and another lady came in and flipped it over and it then worked. You would think knowing which way you place the paper is simple enough to know.

tony m
04-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I just voted in Queens NY and they had at least 35 volunteers and 4 booths to vote in. When I walked in to when I left which was 15 minutes later nobody else came in. I did have a problem with the scanner since I asked the guy which side to put it in and he said any. It was not working and another lady came in and flipped it over and it then worked. You would think knowing which way you place the paper is simple enough to know.

The pollster stated that it could go in any way too. Wonder if they tested it or just listened to what they had been told.

Elwar
04-24-2012, 01:40 PM
I was the only person at my precinct when I voted in Florida too...

that does not mean that there was low turnout.

libertythor
04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Turnout is usually heaver in the late afternoon.

kathy88
04-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Public count: 1

Expected count: 2,998

lol

Ummm... NO. It didn't say Projected count. It said proTected count. WTF?

tony m
04-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Ummm... NO. It didn't say Projected count. It said proTected count. WTF?

I know. I was told it is how many people have voted on the machine in the past. At least, that is what it is supposed to represent. This is another thing to look into.

Eisenhower
04-24-2012, 02:12 PM
The opportunity for voters in New York City is endless. Spread the last minute word!

kathy88
04-24-2012, 02:45 PM
I know. I was told it is how many people have voted on the machine in the past. At least, that is what it is supposed to represent. This is another thing to look into.

That shit is what gets me nervous.

tony m
04-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Precinct Results:

My polling site had three precincts combined into one. They stated that 19 people showed up to vote. 19! There were 19 ballots used, 18 were scanned into the machine correctly and one was spoiled. Which means that the ladies made an error. It means that 18 people showed up and one person who to use two ballots because of the spoiled ballet. We are not allowed to view the actual voting ballots or the book with the signatures, we cannot confirm authenticity.

Results:
Romney - 10
Paul - 4
Gingrich - 3
Santorum - 1

I believe this will be pretty close to the actual New York state results.

Vanilluxe
04-24-2012, 07:33 PM
What if a child is born in the United States and the parents do not teach that child English? That child would grow up and speak a language other than English, but would still retain the right to vote.

A fact is there are lots of people in Chinatown who are old citizens who can't speak English and the Chinese language helps them participate in democracy.