PDA

View Full Version : Marco Rubio VP gaffe (has a deal been secured ?)

J_White
04-24-2012, 02:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0c4YIuLWY4

CNN clip, its seems a deal has been reached between Romney and Rubio. or maybe Rubio is having dreams of being the VP.
How sad, he was elected on a Tea Party wave !!

thoughtomator
04-24-2012, 02:54 AM
they've been grooming Rubio for this for years now

I suppose the fact that he's Constitutionally ineligible for the office makes TPTB giddly with "in-your-face" glee

Evilfox
04-24-2012, 04:03 AM
Stamp of approval from Bilderberg Group

AngryCanadian
04-24-2012, 04:35 AM
Stamp of approval from Bilderberg Group
Thats correct and you wouldn't be hearing the name Bilderberg Group on CNN been mentioned anything time soon.

Sola_Fide
04-24-2012, 04:40 AM
The die has been cast. These morons in the GOP actually think they have a winning ticket. So dumb...

stu2002
04-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Thursday, April 12, 2012

A story in today’s Washington Post written by veteran columnist Al Kamen suggests that the Bilderberg Group may have a decisive role to play in picking Mitt Romney’s running mate, continuing a recent trend in which the secretive cabal has had a direct influence on the U.S. presidential election.
Washington Post Suggests Bilderberg Group To Pick Romneys Running Mate Marco Rubio rips Newt Gingrich for his dishonest FL ad on Romneys stance on illegal immigration. Jan 24 2012

Kamen has been writing for the Washington Post for over three decades and also worked with Watergate icons Woodward and Bernstein, suggesting the title of his column, “In the loop,” has some meaning behind it.

Kamen remarks on how both President Obama and Hillary Clinton are heading to the Summit of the Americas this weekend in Cartagena, Colombia to meet with over 30 other heads of state. They will be joined by Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who has been touted as a potential VP having endorsed Mitt Romney last month.

“Curiously, not many senators seem to be going. In fact, it may be that the only one going from the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a possible vice presidential pick, who we’re told is flying commercial to attend,” writes Kamen, adding that Rubio’s presence could “help boost his foreign-policy chops” just as a visit with the clandestine Bilderberg Group was key in John Edwards being picked as John Kerry’s number two in 2004.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/washington-post-suggests-bilderberg-group-to-pick-romneys-running-mate.html

wgadget
04-24-2012, 05:43 AM
Does Rubio do prostitutes?

pahs1994
04-24-2012, 06:33 AM
I have been saying for a while. If Paul is not the nominee im voting LP or other party. If Hannitys man crush Rubio is the VP after all the bs of people saying this Tea-O-Con will be the next Presdient, i will hold my breath and Vote for OBAMA in spite! Cause im like that lol

No Free Beer
04-24-2012, 06:56 AM
I have a quite simple theory on this:

Lets face it, Romney is a smart man. What he is doing is seeing how the media reacts to Rubio and trying to get the left focused on him (Rubio) to see if they let anything out about him now. If all goes well, he will likely pick Rubio. If there are any problems, he will kick Rubio to the curb. He is just testing the waters, seeing how everyone reacts. It could also be a way of summing up support from the GOP and trying to captivate the Tea Party vote.

Ron will soon go one on one with Romney, Romney needs all the help he can get.

I think as it stands now, here are Romney's choices:

Rubio
Haley (SC)
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
Paul Ryan
Susan Martinez.

I will say that I would cross out Haley and Ryan. They have too much baggage for a run now.

No Free Beer
04-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Thursday, April 12, 2012

A story in today’s Washington Post written by veteran columnist Al Kamen suggests that the Bilderberg Group may have a decisive role to play in picking Mitt Romney’s running mate, continuing a recent trend in which the secretive cabal has had a direct influence on the U.S. presidential election.
Washington Post Suggests Bilderberg Group To Pick Romneys Running Mate Marco Rubio rips Newt Gingrich for his dishonest FL ad on Romneys stance on illegal immigration. Jan 24 2012

Kamen has been writing for the Washington Post for over three decades and also worked with Watergate icons Woodward and Bernstein, suggesting the title of his column, “In the loop,” has some meaning behind it.

Kamen remarks on how both President Obama and Hillary Clinton are heading to the Summit of the Americas this weekend in Cartagena, Colombia to meet with over 30 other heads of state. They will be joined by Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who has been touted as a potential VP having endorsed Mitt Romney last month.

“Curiously, not many senators seem to be going. In fact, it may be that the only one going from the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a possible vice presidential pick, who we’re told is flying commercial to attend,” writes Kamen, adding that Rubio’s presence could “help boost his foreign-policy chops” just as a visit with the clandestine Bilderberg Group was key in John Edwards being picked as John Kerry’s number two in 2004.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/washington-post-suggests-bilderberg-group-to-pick-romneys-running-mate.html

As much as I enjoy reading AJ and infowars, he is dead wrong on this.

locoguano
04-24-2012, 07:54 AM
I have to wonder if Rubio will be on board with Romney when Romney has come out against the DREAM Act.

liveandletlive
04-24-2012, 07:56 AM
i thinks its going to be Christie...

Ivash
04-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Hmm it would be good news if Rubio had made a deal with Romney. Unless there is a big VP slot killer in his history he is far and away the best choice. He wins Florida, is popular with large segments of the (neocon according to people here) Tea Party, and he is Hispanic.

That last part is (of course) the most important. The Republican Party needs more Hispanics. If they increased Hispanic support for them this cycle they can win.

they've been grooming Rubio for this for years now

I suppose the fact that he's Constitutionally ineligible for the office makes TPTB giddly with "in-your-face" glee

At this point after the whole 'Birther' movement less and less Americans care about this issue. Heck, it might actually *help* Romney if there were another big (preferably left-wing) conspiracy on the matter- it'd turn people off the left just like the birther movement did the right.

Liberty74
04-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Putting Rubio on the ticket will be a strong ticket despite the hatred of him in here.

I am neutral on Rubio but if he can draw at least 50% of the Hispanic vote, Obama is done. You can put FL and NM in the Rep column. They are battle ground states Obama won in 2008.

jkr
04-24-2012, 08:27 AM
identity politics at is worst

he
is
ineligible

Brian4Liberty
04-24-2012, 09:21 AM
identity politics at is worst

he
is
ineligible

But he's a young, Hispanic version of Lindsey Graham! How can that not work? :rolleyes:

opinionatedfool
04-24-2012, 09:34 AM

Lets face it, Romney is a smart man. What he is doing is seeing how the media reacts to Rubio and trying to get the left focused on him (Rubio) to see if they let anything out about him now. If all goes well, he will likely pick Rubio. If there are any problems, he will kick Rubio to the curb. He is just testing the waters, seeing how everyone reacts. It could also be a way of summing up support from the GOP and trying to captivate the Tea Party vote.

Rubio
Haley (SC)
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
Paul Ryan
Susan Martinez.

I will say that I would cross out Haley and Ryan. They have too much baggage for a run now.

Huckabee

ShibbitySparks
04-24-2012, 09:38 AM
I love it when people are all like "Rubio will draw the Hispanic vote!" He's Cuban. Newsflash...not all Hispanics are the same. Like Hell he'll draw the southwestern Mexican-American vote, which is where the real money is.

Ivash
04-24-2012, 09:51 AM
I love it when people are all like "Rubio will draw the Hispanic vote!" He's Cuban. Newsflash...not all Hispanics are the same. Like Hell he'll draw the southwestern Mexican-American vote, which is where the real money is.

And Obama was a half-white African American who had no slave ancestors. And we all saw how well he motivated the African American population.

Identity politics doesn't work on what is based in reality- it works on social conception. If the media, the average person, and society at large is saying he is Hispanic, he will draw in Hispanic voters. I'm not saying he will be as successful as Obama was in motivating black people to get out and vote, but he doesn't need to be. He just needs to weaken the perception that the Republicans are an anti-Hispanic party, which he does by his very presence.

If Romney gets the same Hispanic vote that Bush got in '04, he wins the election. That is only 44%. That is doable.

ShibbitySparks
04-24-2012, 09:57 AM
http://news.univision.com/openpage/2012-01-23/poll

From the looks of this, he's got a mountain of work to do. He's at 25% vs. Obama's 67%, and according to the poll, 25% would be more likely to vote for him with Rubio, and 19% would be less likely, with a whopping 47% claiming that it would have no effect. So we're looking at about a 6% bump with Rubio, boosting Ramney all the way to 31%? Case in point.

Blue
04-24-2012, 10:07 AM
The media has pumped this up for months. Once the people involved deny the allegations, the public becomes confused. Then when it actually happens the media looks credible.

Pisces
04-24-2012, 10:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg5AT7TSAxM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Liberty4life
04-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Romney is just a piece of toast like McCain was no matter who he picks, they will steal it all the way, thanks diebold. (oh yea, and he knows it)

Don't despair we still have the peaceful revolution on our side, a Gandhi style sit in would help if focused in the right areas, such as conventions.
Media outlets and freeway outlets.

The key to understand here is none of these people have the popularity that the media like to portray them as having.

Brian4Liberty
04-24-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg5AT7TSAxM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Great video.

Poor Jim DeMint was fooled by Rubio (as many were and many still are). He must regret ever having endorsed him.

Dianne
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Rubio
Haley (SC)
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
Paul Ryan
Susan Martinez.

Romney has no Federal government experience. Rubio only has one year in the Congress. If Romney selects Rubio soon, Paul should eat them alive. After all, Obama had very little experience as well, and look where this country is now - down the tubes.

ctiger2
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Too bad Rubio is INELIGIBLE to be Vice President AND President:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=205117

Folks, cut this crap out.

Really.

Here are the facts:

Rubio was born to two parents who were not citizens at the time of his birth. They were here in the country and he was born here, but his parents were not citizens at the time of his birth.

At a later date his parents became citizens of the United States.

Marco Rubio is ineligible to be President of the United States under the natural born citizen requirement. He is a citizen but will never be a natural born citizen as he was not at birth due to the Cuban citizenship of his parents and you cannot retroactively acquire natural born citizenship status.

He therefore must not be nominated as VP, since the primary qualification for that office is the ability to stand as President if something happens to the President while he is in office.

ctiger2
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Poor Jim DeMint was fooled by Rubio (as many were and many still are). He must regret ever having endorsed him.

I'd argue Mike Lee will end of being nearly identical to Rubio as well. Just watch... Mike Lee went to Israel within a couple weeks of winning election. Ick.

Vanilluxe
04-25-2012, 09:49 PM
I think Mitt will pick Bob Mcdonald.