PDA

View Full Version : Per Washington Times Romney camp fears he won't have enough votes on 1st ballot

sailingaway
04-23-2012, 11:32 PM
and look at the examples Gingrich gives for why Romney is worried -- Colorado, MN, and Iowa. None of which had anything to do with Gingrich.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/23/rnc-trio-gets-boot-from-romney-aides/

Jeremy
04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Makes me wonder if Romney made a deal with Santorum. Maybe even VP? Or maybe Santorum was just interested in winning the delegate vote outright.

Mani
04-23-2012, 11:43 PM
No FUCKING WAY!!! THAT PIECE OF SHIT SAUL ANUZIS is back??? AAAAGH!! I HATE THAT FUCKER!

You guys don't remember him from 2008 where he said RP should be banned from ALL Debates??

Fuck me, I'm pissed this guy is back!

From the above Article: Michigan RNC member Saul Anuzis defended the invitation-only event. “The Romney ca
mpaign organized the private photo op as a ‘thank you’ for all of those RNC members who were supporting him,” he said. “This was not an RNC-sponsored or -sanctioned event.”

RickyJ
04-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Romney should fear what is going to happen if he actually wins and then beats Obama. This country is going down fast and if he is the next president he will always be remembered as the last president of the USA and be hated for it.

Jeremy
04-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Romney should fear what is going to happen if he actually wins and then beats Obama. This country is going down fast and if he is the next president he will always be remembered as the last president of the USA and be hated for it.

I doubt the next president will be the last president.

TheTexan
04-23-2012, 11:56 PM

I dunno. There is quite the shit storm headed this way, and it's getting dark fast.

J_White
04-23-2012, 11:56 PM
in another month or so when Dr.Paul gets more delegates, should we expect the MSM to start showing the REAL delegate counts or they would keep putting up their guestimates ?

alucard13mmfmj
04-24-2012, 12:05 AM
the last president? you mean the first emporer or pharoah.

Agorism
04-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Romney got more than projected in Colorado though.

If Paul wins Minn and Iowa, I wonder if that will make up for Romney gains in Colorado, Wyoming and North Dakota where Romney over performed...

drummergirl
04-24-2012, 12:19 AM
and look at the examples Gingrich gives for why Romney is worried -- Colorado, MN, and Iowa. None of which had anything to do with Gingrich.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/23/rnc-trio-gets-boot-from-romney-aides/

So, let me get this straight...

Romney wants the votes of the Iowa super delegates (2 RNC members and the state GOP chair) and he needs their support at the Iowa state convention in a few weeks where 13 additional Iowa delegates will be chosen, so he tries to force them to sign a loyalty pledge and kicks them out of his invitation only event? Seriously?!?

I think Willard needs to read a book called "How to win friends and influence people" because that is an incredible faux pax.

RickyJ
04-24-2012, 12:24 AM

Then you have more faith in the dollar than I do.

Aratus
04-24-2012, 01:08 AM
i just gotta luv how our urbane gentleman mitt is not
immediately seeing how he can be "ronulan' blindsided!

Sola_Fide
04-24-2012, 01:34 AM
If Romney gets the nod, he has GOT to know the mass exodus of conservatives and libertarians that will occur. He can't be THAT blind can he?

sailingaway
04-25-2012, 09:47 PM
bump for conversation in another thread

damiengwa
04-25-2012, 09:59 PM

We can only hope and pray for it...srly WTF do we need the feds for?

Aratus
04-26-2012, 09:33 AM
there could be a third party bolt
not saying who does it to the gop

Bruno
04-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Three cheers for AJ, Kim, and Steve for representing Iowa!

tfurrh
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
If Romney gets the nod, he has GOT to know the mass exodus of conservatives and libertarians that will occur. He can't be THAT blind can he?

If I had a nickel....

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
We can only hope and pray for it...srly WTF do we need the feds for?

I wouldn't hope and pray for it. It could be quite the ugly scenario with a lot of people starving (and looting and murdering in an attempt to stay alive).

azxd
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
the last president? you mean the first emporer or pharoah.I do hope you change your verbage AFTER Ron clinches this thing up, and send Obama home ;)

tfurrh
04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Nancy Law (in the comments) = FAIL

Bern
04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Re: OP - This is a sign of the authoritarian hard line that the GOP is hoping to bring the nation in November. Disgusting.

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 12:12 PM
yeah, it is.

Liberty74
04-26-2012, 12:23 PM

You are assuming shit doesn't hit the fan sooner. I am hearing that Europe is very close to going under which will drag us down and the rest of the world. Britain just hit a double dip recession. Greece is still an issue along with Italy, Portugal, Spain bonds are shaky,etc.

I am hearing June is the next time frame that the Euro could collapse. It should have already happened but they bailed out Greece twice to keep the financial markets normal and from other countries falling due to the domino effect.

MarcusI
04-26-2012, 01:47 PM
You are assuming shit doesn't hit the fan sooner. I am hearing that Europe is very close to going under which will drag us down and the rest of the world. Britain just hit a double dip recession. Greece is still an issue along with Italy, Portugal, Spain bonds are shaky,etc.

I am hearing June is the next time frame that the Euro could collapse. It should have already happened but they bailed out Greece twice to keep the financial markets normal and from other countries falling due to the domino effect.

I can tell you they are trying everything to delay it as long as anyhow possible. They already burnt hundreds of billons of euros from Germany, my home country. This will go on to the point where we have nothing left to burn for Greece (which is in the same bad situation as before, nearly nothing has changed, they totally rely on foreign money), Portugal, Spain and Italy. Once Spain or Italy is in same state as Greece right now, its over. But I cant say when this will be. Remember, they do everything to delay this as long as possible. The politicians here only think unto their next election, and there are always elections somewhere in Europe.

MarcusI
04-26-2012, 01:51 PM
From the article:

"The Romney camp’s fear is that even if he reaches Tampa with the requisite delegates to win, he could fail to carry the first round of voting"

How could this happen? What do they mean? I thought this is not possible.

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 02:05 PM
From the article:

"The Romney camp’s fear is that even if he reaches Tampa with the requisite delegates to win, he could fail to carry the first round of voting"

How could this happen? What do they mean? I thought this is not possible.

If some of his delegates are 'unbound' they can vote for someone else.

TiagoBarbosa
04-26-2012, 02:06 PM
These countries that you mentioned are going down because the idea of the Euro as a currency is a failure, a complete failure.
Theres no way that so many countries can all thrive with one unique interest rate, its just not possible, its not Greece fault, its not Iceland fault, its not Portugal fault or Spain or Italy, and believe me, in Portugal the government is making some families pass through a lot of difficulties because of the Euro failure, i just hope that Portugal leaves the EURO asap.

The USA will recover if the Euro ends.

MarcusI
04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
These countries that you mentioned are going down because the idea of the Euro as a currency is a failure, a complete failure.
Theres no way that so many countries can all thrive with one unique interest rate, its just not possible, its not Greece fault, its not Iceland fault, its not Portugal fault or Spain or Italy, and believe me, in Portugal the government is making some families pass through a lot of difficulties because of the Euro failure, i just hope that Portugal leaves the EURO asap.

I totally agree with you on the above.

The USA will recover if the Euro ends.

But not on this. The global economy is linked much too close. When the Euro fails, european economy goes down and this will be a desaster for the whole world, and especially the US. It was a complete failure to introduce this new currency.

wgadget
04-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Interesting that the evangelical leader would not sign the Romney pledge. Sign of things to come?

jbauer
04-26-2012, 03:03 PM
+2. If it doesn't happen during the next 4 years, it will soon. We are headed off an economic cliff and fast.

I dunno. There is quite the shit storm headed this way, and it's getting dark fast.

jbauer
04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Um....yes. But then again he'll just change his ideas to pander to his audience. He is the ultimate politiican, polished since birth.

economics102
04-26-2012, 03:12 PM

The "last President of the United States" will probably be the one that cancels the elections and declares a permanent police state with himself as leader. So if you quest for dictatorial power, being the last President of the United States will mean being the first Emperor of the United States. I doubt Mitt Romney or Barack Obama will have a problem with that.

Godmode7
04-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Um....yes. But then again he'll just change his ideas to pander to his audience. He is the ultimate politiican, polished since birth.

Ultimate politician..no. Maybe the ultimate used cars salesman. The way Romney speaks makes Grima Wormtongue look like a good guy.