PDA

View Full Version : Super PAC will support Massie

Jeremy
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/nkypolitics/2012/04/23/super-pac-will-support-massie/

A super political action committee formed in Alexandria will support Lewis County Judge-executive Thomas Massie in his bid for Congress.

The political action committee called Americans for Growth, Opportunity and Propserity has raised $20,722 in the first three months of 2012, according to finance reports submitted in April to the Federal Election Commission. Super PACs, unlike regular political action committees, can’t make direct contributions to a political candidate or party but can raise unlimited funds for political causes independent of campaigns.

Massie is one of the seven candidates seeking the Republican nomination for the Fourth Congressional District.

Michael Adams, the group’s treasurer, couldn’t reveal how the PAC will support Massie.

Troy Sheldon, an Alexandria resident who serves as a director of Forest Laboratories pharmaceutical company in Covington, donated $10,000 to the PAC and serves as the group’s president.

Sheldon released a statement on the PAC’s purpose.

“AmeriGOP is a grassroots group here in the 4th District, formed by individuals who are seeking to elect candidates committed to deficit reduction, tax reform, and the unequivocal defense of our Constitution,” Sheldon said in the statement. “Thomas Massie is a candidate who shares our values and we look forward to supporting his candidacy for Congress.”

Another contributor to the PAC, MISS KC LLC of Mobile, Ala., also donated $10,000. The Alabama Secretary of State lists Larry Tomlinson and Richard Knock as members of MISS KC. Federal Election Commission reports show Knock, of Union, gave $547 in in kind contributions of food, beverages and golf expenses to Americans for Growth, Opportunity and Prosperity and was reimbursed by the PAC.

Massie earlier this year spoke at an event at Knock’s residence. Massie and his campaign chairman Phil Moffett said they’ve had no coordination with the Super PAC. Massie said this is the first he’s heard that the Super PAC will support him.

Sola_Fide
04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Marcus is having fits about this. He thinks its a big deal for some reason lol.

Adrock
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
This is all his opponents have on him (what they view as questionable ties to a PAC)? I think we may be in good shape. Seems like they are trying to throw anything they can at him to see what sticks.

Cowlesy
04-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Hey any help to get Thomas in Congress I'll take. He's as stubborn as a mule and I am confident he'll be an ally to Rand and Justin Amash if elected.

Sola_Fide
04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Tom's opponents are freaking out about this lol:

Hummm!!! What does bringing out evidence against Thomas Massie's underhanded actions and possibly illegals ones at that have to do with Honoring retiring Congressman's Geoff Davis??? I am beginning to wonder whether or not these Massie fans can read or stay on task long enough to hold a relatively sane conversation??? Could it be they are too stoned????