PDA

View Full Version : nitpick w/ recent campaign lit

heavenlyboy34
04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
In the email sent out by the campaign today, it says "...If you have not heard yet now you will! Ron Paul is winning in Arizona. He is winning delegates in every corner of the land, From the painted deserts of the North to the forests of the South you and your patriotic neighbors have shown up in force at the District Caucuses. You have stood up to Chairmen who did not want to follow the State bylaws. You have worked to integrate into the Republican Party. And it's working!"

There are NO forests in the South! It's all desert. (unless they consider cactus patches and pallo verde trees "forest") That is all. /nitpick

BTW, the painted desert and petrified forest are pretty neat. Come on out and have a looksee sometime. :cool::toady:

Bruno
04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Not forests like you think of in other parts of the country, but they are still called forests.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/coronado

The Coronado National Forest covers 1,780,000 acres of southeastern Arizona and southwestern New Mexico. Elevations range from 3000 feet to 10,720 feet in twelve widely scattered mountain ranges or "sky islands" that rise dramatically from the desert floor, supporting plant communities as biologically diverse as those encountered on a trip from Mexico to Canada.
Views are spectacular from these mountains, and visitors may experience all four seasons during a single day's journey, wandering through the desert among giant saguaro cactus and colorful wildflowers in the morning, enjoying lunch beside a mountain stream, and playing in the snow later in the afternoon.

CaptainAmerica
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
In the email sent out by the campaign today, it says "...If you have not heard yet now you will! Ron Paul is winning in Arizona. He is winning delegates in every corner of the land, From the painted deserts of the North to the forests of the South you and your patriotic neighbors have shown up in force at the District Caucuses. You have stood up to Chairmen who did not want to follow the State bylaws. You have worked to integrate into the Republican Party. And it's working!"

There are NO forests in the South! It's all desert. (unless they consider cactus patches and pallo verde trees "forest") That is all. /nitpick

BTW, the painted desert and petrified forest are pretty neat. Come on out and have a looksee sometime. :cool::toady:....you are confused. There are forests right outside of Bisbee, and in Tucson.Believe me I have seen them and I have lived in Arizona all my life.

angelatc
04-23-2012, 05:44 PM
i heard the housing market is booming there, and was surprised. Is that true?

heavenlyboy34
04-23-2012, 05:57 PM
....you are confused. There are forests right outside of Bisbee, and in Tucson.Believe me I have seen them and I have lived in Arizona all my life.
Meh, haven't been there. I didn't see any forests in Tuscon, but I was only there a little while. Considering the topography and climate of that area, I doubt it's a forest as most people imagine it-like the types found up north in mountain country.

heavenlyboy34
04-23-2012, 06:15 PM
i heard the housing market is booming there, and was surprised. Is that true?
If it is, it's not in my immediate area. I've seen a few building projects, but nothing characteristic of the last boom.

angelatc
04-23-2012, 06:20 PM
If it is, it's not in my immediate area. I've seen a few building projects, but nothing characteristic of the last boom.

I don't know what part, but a little old lady on an eBay board I frequent is moving there. She said it was pointless to even look for a house there before actually moving because all the reasonably priced stuff was getting snatched up so fast. I haven't heard that from anybody else though, which I find odd. You'd think Obama would have it all over the news.

Maybe she's moving to the forest.

CaptainAmerica
04-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Meh, haven't been there. I didn't see any forests in Tuscon, but I was only there a little while. Considering the topography and climate of that area, I doubt it's a forest as most people imagine it-like the types found up north in mountain country.

http://static.flickr.com/118/273510491_ba5138a2bf.jpg Mount Lemon, in Tucson AZ

heavenlyboy34
04-23-2012, 06:34 PM
http://static.flickr.com/118/273510491_ba5138a2bf.jpg Mount Lemon, in Tucson AZ
Ah, yes. Plenty of forests in most the high mountains-won't debate that. I was thinking in the lower elevations of Tuscon.

Bruno
04-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Ah, yes. Plenty of forests in most the high mountains-won't debate that. I was thinking in the lower elevations of Tuscon.

Also not debatable is that Colorado has forests. But in the lower elevations, many would be surprised how flat and void of trees and forests it is as well.

http://i43.tinypic.com/31622b7.jpg

Feeding the Abscess
04-24-2012, 09:12 AM
More of a nitpick would be the capitalization.