PDA

View Full Version : Another convert

Mortikhi
11-15-2007, 09:46 AM
last night was my son's 3rd birthday and I made it a point not to mention anything political.

Well, one of the guests brought up politics ( :) ), so I inquired to who she likes at this point.

"Hillary. You know, because she's the front-runner" :eek:

So I said I'm 100% for Ron Paul this time.

"Who is Ron Paul?" ;)

I told her that Ron Paul is different things to different people. Then I put in the Ron Paul dvd and pushed play. After his initial 'I'm running for President' speech, there was a gathering of 5 adults around the tv (while the kids were running around terrorizing my house).

The Hillary supporter was literally on the edge of the couch. While the group was watching the dvd, I would interject every once in a while to one of Ron Paul's talking points and say, "That's why I'm for Ron Paul".

Hillary lost a supporter last night and Ron Paul gained 5. :D:D:D:D

RPFTW!
11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
He's catching on I"m tellin ya!

misconstrued
11-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Excellent work!

BIG_J
11-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Nice job; love hearing this stuff...Just Imagine a world without Youtube to DVD's?! No wonder the OM is losing it's power!

dsentell
11-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Just goes to show that people are starving for this message. Once they see RP in action -- it's over! :D :D :D :D

ursamajor
11-15-2007, 10:05 AM
what DVD are you talking about? is it something you can order? I would love to give a comprehensive DVD to people. I think that it is much more effective for people to hear Ron Paul speak than to hear me talk about him. As knowledgable as I am, I don't think people can believe it until they see him speaking.

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 10:08 AM
what DVD are you talking about? is it something you can order? I would love to give a comprehensive DVD to people. I think that it is much more effective for people to hear Ron Paul speak than to hear me talk about him. As knowledgable as I am, I don't think people can believe it until they see him speaking.

2nd

weagle
11-15-2007, 10:09 AM

+1

Although I am trying to reach Huckabee supporters (because no one is better)

ursamajor
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
+1

Although I am trying to reach Huckabee supporters (because no one is better)

I am having trouble with my father, who seems to be torn between Huckabee and Paul. I can't figure it out! He thinks that Paul's answers are 'too simple'. I have no idea how speaking about monetary theory can be considered more simple than talking about how many times you cut taxes (huckabee cut them 94 times!!! as if that is useful information - tax revenue apparently still increased around half a billion dollars, somehow). His stance on abortion is the only thing I can think is affecting his decision.

BLS
11-15-2007, 10:18 AM
I am having trouble with my father, who seems to be torn between Huckabee and Paul. I can't figure it out! He thinks that Paul's answers are 'too simple'. I have no idea how speaking about monetary theory can be considered more simple than talking about how many times you cut taxes (huckabee cut them 94 times!!! as if that is useful information - tax revenue apparently still increased around half a billion dollars, somehow). His stance on abortion is the only thing I can think is affecting his decision.

I've heard that exact argument too.
it's just too simple....these problems are complex, etc...

My reply is always the same "Historically, when you have to solve a difficult problem, what do you find has the best success record?"

And then I walk away.....they'll stew on it for a while...and come to the realization that KISS applies to everything.

hopeforamerica
11-15-2007, 10:28 AM

It's called :

Ron Paul, A Man for All Seasons

It's 44 minutes long and available for purchase somewhere. I'm researching it now. Someone may answer faster than me.

Welcome new people!!! Get busy spreading the word :)

hopeforamerica
11-15-2007, 10:34 AM
try:

http://www.ronpauldvd.com/

ursamajor
11-15-2007, 10:39 AM
wow, those dvds look great, but they aren't the 44 minute ones. these two dvds are 8 hours in combined length. i was thinking something more succinct i could pass off to introduce him to people.

hopeforamerica
11-15-2007, 10:44 AM
wow, those dvds look great, but they aren't the 44 minute ones. these two dvds are 8 hours in combined length. i was thinking something more succinct i could pass off to introduce him to people.

If you know how to use Torrent (I don't), just use google to find "Ron Paul, A Man for all Seasons." Then you can download it. I haven't found where you can buy it. Maybe someone else on this forum?

shadowhooch
11-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Yes, I've been looking for a DVD to purchase as well.

I'd love to have the best You Tube Videos put on a DVD.

spivey378
11-15-2007, 10:47 AM
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3879543/Ron_Paul_Revolution_DVD_Project

google shadow experimental and download the software you need to download it.

burning it shouldnt be bad. just questions here or online. im not sure what kind of format its in. it may need some conversion from there. it should be burnable. just burn the entire folder as a data disc

spivey378
11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
here are a bunch more torrents

http://thepiratebay.org/search/ron%20paul/0/3/0

speciallyblend
11-15-2007, 10:51 AM
just converted a obama supporter and he will hopefully join our teaparty07.com as well

maggiebott
11-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Nature has given me a helping hand with getting Ron Paul recognized. For two weeks straight I had at least one or more deer laying on my lawn between the two Ron Paul signs I put up months ago. It slowed traffic on my road each night to a crawl. When the pizza delivery guy pulled in, I asked him if he saw my deer. He said, lady there are four more over there!
I've lived here since 74 and know deer graze on my lawn, but laying there motionless for hours is quite another story.

Mortikhi
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Its from the .iso file on ronpauldvd.com

I downloaded it and have been making dvd's since. I just sent 10 up to my Dad in Indiana. He's a hardcore democrat that has been pimping Ron Paul for nearly 6 months now (after I showed him the light) :D

piotr1
11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
No, the best Ron Paul DVD is called "Ron Paul - A man for all seasons"
Here's a link to the thread about it, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=26297