PDA

View Full Version : Fox Special Report to discuss Ron Paul's big win in Minnesota?

jct74
04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
For the twitter illiterate, a tweeter is asking Bret Baier if they are going to discuss Ron Paul's landslide win, Bret Baier says yes.

Yes RT @hannahsix @BretBaier why no mention about Ron Paul's landslide win in MN? Will you be discussing on Special report?

https://twitter.com/#!/BretBaier/status/194490037595938816

Show runs from 6 pm to 7 (ET) on Fox News. Hopefully he isn't trolling us for some ratings.

eleganz
04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
wow...when?

jct74
04-23-2012, 03:52 PM
wow...when?

edited OP, from 6 pm to 7 (ET)

Lightweis
04-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Anything yet??

Natural Citizen
04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Minimized him again is all they really did. Said he may win iowa and Mn but added that Romney will get them in the end with the usual FOX smirk. Can't believe I watched that fodder.

jct74
04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Carl Cameron did a segment about the presidential race, when it was over him and Bret Baier briefly dicussed how Ron Paul could end up winning Iowa and also mentioned Minnesota but just sort of mentioned that he did well in Minnesota, didn't mention it being a landslide victory or anything. they could bring it up later during the panel discussion but probably that's it.

Jarg
04-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Minimized him again is all they really did. Said he may win iowa and Mn but added that Romney will get them in the end with the usual FOX smirk. Can't believe I watched that fodder.You should not even watch fox news your just support them and keeping them on air.

tbone717
04-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Minimized him again is all they really did. Said he may win iowa and Mn but added that Romney will get them in the end with the usual FOX smirk. Can't believe I watched that fodder.

Well the point being is that if Paul does not have a plurality in five states he cannot be nominated from the floor.

robertwerden
04-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Carl Cameron deserves thanks for mentioning he who shall not be named, but he deserves a punch in the nose for lying about the nomination automatically going to Romney.

Natural Citizen
04-23-2012, 04:20 PM
You should not even watch fox news your just support them and keeping them on air.

One thing I've learned, reluctantly, is that it's extremely important to watch the media very closely. All of them. Ratings are irrelevant, really. At least as far as I'm concerned.

Natural Citizen
04-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Well the point being is that if Paul does not have a plurality in five states he cannot be nominated from the floor.

Doesn't mean the course of history ducks Liberty's left hook by default though,Tbone. Know what I mean?

Agorism
04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
You know there is an advantage to staying under the radar..

NoOneButPaul
04-23-2012, 04:38 PM
One thing I've learned, reluctantly, is that it's extremely important to watch the media very closely. All of them. Ratings are irrelevant, really. At least as far as I'm concerned.

As someone who works in media I can tell you that's crazy. Ratings are the only thing that keeps it all alive.

Good Ratings = More money to charge people for ads

Ratings = Money

plain and simple...

JK/SEA
04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
too bad brett's on at the same time as divorce court...sorry brett...

IPSecure
04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
As someone who works in media I can tell you that's crazy. Ratings are the only thing that keeps it all alive.

Ratings = Money

plain and simple...

How does constant dissing of the good Doctor constitute good ratings?

Liberty74
04-23-2012, 04:52 PM
How does constant dissing of the good Doctor constitute good ratings?

Fox News watchers are neocons and modern day big government Republicans. The doc is not part of that crowd, hence the constant dissing. Again, someone please tell me why they so want to continue to be part of the GOP?

I think we need our own talk radio and our own TV network to compete with FOX, CNN and MSNBC. I don't watch TV but the masses do and are easily swayed that way. The five corporations in charge of our media know that. Who said it? Those that control the media will control the people.

Natural Citizen
04-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Ratings = Money

plain and simple...

They're irrelevent to me is probably how I should have worded it. It's important to watch them though. For a lot of reasons.

kahless
04-23-2012, 05:06 PM
You are not really supporting them anyway since the ratings are only tracked if you are are a Nielsen household or have a subscription DVR that reports usage.

Philosophy_of_Politics
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Wish in one hand...shit in the other...