PDA

View Full Version : Travis County, Texas Tea Party fights the establishment....and WINS!!!

xRedfoxx
04-23-2012, 03:40 PM
When the establishment tried to block true conservatives from being delegates, the Tea Party responded! Read more here:

http://www.libertyandhope.com/

Texan4Life
04-23-2012, 03:49 PM
win

drummergirl
04-23-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm still awed that they out-played Bill Crocker. That is HUGE.

No1butPaul
04-23-2012, 05:16 PM
There's a poll there also, 6 for RP and 3 for Romneycare.

camp_steveo
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
There's a poll there also, 6 for RP and 3 for Romneycare.

Paul 10 Romney 3

xRedfoxx
04-23-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm still awed that they out-played Bill Crocker. That is HUGE.

I half way expect them to come back with some legal way to throw out all the delegates. My hope is that they accept their new friends and focus on winning November. My fear though is that they would rather lose the election than embrace true liberty.

Standing Liberty
04-23-2012, 08:20 PM
I was there and was pleasantly surprised at all the RP and Liberty minded people that showed up. I could see how scared and disgruntled the establishment was at the fact that they were being beat at their own game. This is a big opportunity for the GOP establishment to embrace us, or die (in the numbers sense). They should take advantage of the passion and diversity we bring.
I noticed two main things:
1.) These party people are Zombies who are brainwashed into doing whatever the RNC says.
2.) They go to these conventions and functions to be part of a social/club. The Constitution is secondary.
With that said, I think there are many issues we have in common with them than they think. Unfortunately, they are unwilling to accept us and will do anything to keep us out. It was amazing that this was probably an historic Travis County GOP convention as far as how long it was and that it moved to a Parking Garage to finish, yet no word from the local media?

drummergirl
04-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I half way expect them to come back with some legal way to throw out all the delegates. My hope is that they accept their new friends and focus on winning November. My fear though is that they would rather lose the election than embrace true liberty.

I fear that the republican party will lose a lot more than the presidential election. If we (the GOP) do not include the constitutionalists (Ron Paul republicans), the republican party will die of old age. Literally.

wealeat
04-23-2012, 09:19 PM
You guys have no idea what went on with that rule change. Contrarian attitudes prevailed and less RP supporters ended up as delegates than would have been. The rule change actuality wasn't the same as in years past as in years past all precincts had been allocated at least one delegate and alternate.

This is purely one version of events by the guy that orchestrated the rule change. It is hardly an accurate account.

I'm done with what went down on Saturday, too much of my life was wasted last week because of this mess. It is a shame that lots of people were duped.