PDA

View Full Version : CO's input needed, switched ballot boxes, w/video.

Libertytree
04-23-2012, 02:54 PM
The folks from CO that were there will have a much better take on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RS9hTCM7qn0

ShibbitySparks
04-23-2012, 03:30 PM
That can't be what it looked like...it just can't be...

RPit
04-23-2012, 03:43 PM
This tells nothing. both the boxes were taken to the same backstage. the question is which of these boxes were counted, without that info jumping to any conclusion is premature.

Texan4Life
04-23-2012, 03:44 PM
wait what just happened

drummergirl
04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
This tells nothing. both the boxes were taken to the same backstage. the question is which of these boxes were counted, without that info jumping to any conclusion is premature.

Yes it says quite a lot. Why are there 2 boxes? Someone made, bought, or otherwise came up with 2 identical boxes. That does not happen by accident.

IPSecure
04-23-2012, 03:55 PM
WTF?

Why the switch? They both ended up behind the curtain...

maxoutco
04-23-2012, 04:00 PM
I dropped my ballot in that box. I'm hoping its because the box was getting full. *About to Rage*

jbauer
04-23-2012, 04:06 PM
well...not enough information. what we don't know is which box was counted or both? all that took place off cammera. It looks like it was a large room, did the box come from the other side? I've watched it 10 times and you can't tell where it came from.

However, the encounter between the man and woman is very interesting.

maxoutco
04-23-2012, 04:10 PM
My guess on this.. is that they needed to start counting in order to make sure that they had the count before the convention ended. It was running pretty late. I'm hoping this is the case.

jbauer
04-23-2012, 04:11 PM
this guy commented on youtube, makes it sound like he was there:

I don't see anything weird about it. There were a number of ballot boxes distributed about the hall. I saw a number of them get switched. While I don't know, I just assume that the teller committee wanted to get going on processing ballots before the entire delegation had completed their balloting.

Sure, it's possible that there were some shenanigans - but they wouldn't need to to the switch _before_ balloting was completed in order to replace a box of real ballots with a box of fakes.

drummergirl
04-23-2012, 04:13 PM
I dropped my ballot in that box. I'm hoping its because the box was getting full. *About to Rage*

A few questions, if you don't mind.

Was that the one and only place to deposit your ballot?
Who counted the ballots? Were there watchers?
Was the ballot box brought in to them by a man or a woman? At what time?
Who else was behind the curtain?

Natural Citizen
04-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Sheesh. Reminds me of that scene in the Wizard of Oz. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Nothing to see. Move along. :rolleyes:

RonRules
04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
How big was the audience? How large were the ballots?
Was there any need due to size or other reasons (accessibility for example) to have two boxes.

In Riverside county, by law all ballots must be carried by two people. I realize this is a caucus, but that only makes fraud even more likely.

Does anybody know who these two box carriers are? Are they Romney supporters?

Liberty74
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
What was the point of switching the boxes when they both went behind the same curtain within a minute of each other?

NoOneButPaul
04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
There's got to be a way to just do a head count or something along those lines...

It takes longer but everyone is witness to it.

These are elections, they shouldn't be rushed through... we should all have the day off and make it an event.

FreedomDog
04-23-2012, 05:18 PM
There were multiple ballot boxes around the floor, as was already stated. They were large ballots, probably 11x17, and 2 sheets per person, so fairly large. Only thing I can think is maybe the box he brought up was from the back where fewer people were and therefore lighter, so easier for her to carry.

Now, what I don't like about the convention is how we didn't win all 12. There was a unity slate, and people from that slate went forward. There were also Romney slates. They each had 12 names on them. It should have been all or nothing. Either every person on the Paul slate got the same number of votes and beat out Romney's slate or Romney's slate beat out Paul's, shouldn't have been a half and half win, makes no sense to me...