PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a Glenn Beck interview video clip and/or transcript...

Owen Kellogg
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
New member here, first post here, so I'll quickly introduce myself. If you "get" my screen name, you're definitely on the ball. Of course, I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and I was pleased to see a banner ad here for Thomas Massie, who is running for Congress in my district (4th) in Kentucky. OK - Enough about me...

I need help from the members here to find a quote by Ron Paul. I've been searching on the internet (particularly Youtube) for a video clip of Ron Paul being interviewed by Glenn Beck. I can't remember the exact date, but I'm pretty sure it was shortly after Obama was elected. Beck was somewhat apologetic to Dr. Paul about speaking negatively about him during the '08 campaign. The conversation then shifted to the Constitution (big surprise, huh?) Glenn Beck told Dr. Paul (paraphrased), "Congressman, you know as well as I do that the Constitution and the system of government put in place by our Founders will only work if the citizens are a moral people. Just look around us today, and you'll see that's not the case anymore."

Here's the quote I'm looking for: Dr. Paul then responded (again paraphrased), "Well, if the people today are immoral, it's because they learned it from their government." IMO - this was one of the most profound, enlightening statements I've ever heard him make, and I've pondered on it for the past several years. It appears to be quite overlooked also, as I've never heard it quoted since. If anyone could point me in the right direction to the interview, in any form, I'd be very grateful.

I'm looking forward to visiting here often. This looks like a great place to hang out!

francisco
04-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Welcome aboard, Owen.

PolicyReader
04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Welcome, great first post :) I don't have a link for you but I'll be sure to check back in if I run across one. Maybe someone else will have get one to you before then :)

Revolution9
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
I was going to try to talk you out of a brash decision and convince you that life is worth living..but you want the clip for other reasons apparently:)

Welcome
Rev9

Sola_Fide
04-23-2012, 06:01 PM
New member here, first post here, so I'll quickly introduce myself. If you "get" my screen name, you're definitely on the ball. Of course, I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and I was pleased to see a banner ad here for Thomas Massie, who is running for Congress in my district (4th) in Kentucky. OK - Enough about me...

I need help from the members here to find a quote by Ron Paul. I've been searching on the internet (particularly Youtube) for a video clip of Ron Paul being interviewed by Glenn Beck. I can't remember the exact date, but I'm pretty sure it was shortly after Obama was elected. Beck was somewhat apologetic to Dr. Paul about speaking negatively about him during the '08 campaign. The conversation then shifted to the Constitution (big surprise, huh?) Glenn Beck told Dr. Paul (paraphrased), "Congressman, you know as well as I do that the Constitution and the system of government put in place by our Founders will only work if the citizens are a moral people. Just look around us today, and you'll see that's not the case anymore."

Here's the quote I'm looking for: Dr. Paul then responded (again paraphrased), "Well, if the people today are immoral, it's because they learned it from their government." IMO - this was one of the most profound, enlightening statements I've ever heard him make, and I've pondered on it for the past several years. It appears to be quite overlooked also, as I've never heard it quoted since. If anyone could point me in the right direction to the interview, in any form, I'd be very grateful.

I'm looking forward to visiting here often. This looks like a great place to hang out!

Welcome!

You're in the 4th District? Have you walked or phone-banked for Massie yet? Have you donated? If you have a free weekend, pm me, because a group of us are going together on the weekends. Would be fun!

I'm not sure about where to find your quote, but wow...what a profound quote that is. Love it.