PDA

View Full Version : How are the remaining 13 delegates selected from MN?

LKMN
04-23-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm a state delegate for MN and I'm a little confused about the MN process for the state convention. We have 24 elected at the CD conventions, 3 super delegates, and then 13 delegates elected at State - why? What makes these different than the CD delegates? Why aren't all the delegates(minus super delegates) just elected at the CD level? Will these 'at large' delegates be coming from a different pool of candiates? And if so - from where does that pool originate?

KEEF
04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
My guess would be that it still gives the est. puppet masters a few marionette strings to pull if need be.

LKMN
04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm just concerned, because everyone keeps saying that state should ultimately go in our favor since we were so successful at getting our delegates elected at the CDCs...but if the party somehow has the power to control what delegates can run at state, then we might get screwed. I really hope someone can answer this as to where these at large delegate candidates will come from...

LKMN
04-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Where will the pool of super delegates that we vote on at state come from? Is there no-one here who can answer this question? Somebody has to know...

enrique
04-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Where will the pool of super delegates that we vote on at state come from? Is there no-one here who can answer this question? Somebody has to know...
The super delegates are actually just the state chair, and RNC committeeman and woman. They total 3.

The at large delegates can be from anywhere in the state and my guess is that the Paul campaign will have these preselected on a slate and distribute these to Paul supporters and Santorum supporters. As organized as Minnesota has seemed looking from the outside I would assume that this is already covered and you will be told soon how things will go down.

LKMN
04-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah - probably looks that way from the outside, but our campaign organizer (not Marrianne) really dropped the ball at county, and then our 2/3 at CD8 were won by the skin of our teeth. A success that can be mainly attributed to a couple of unexpected, fortunate twists just when we thought all was lost...so I guess I'm just a little paranoid. But you're right. I should stop worrying about it and trust the campaign... They're not going to take this state convention lightly!