PDA

View Full Version : 17-year-olds can vote in CT GOP primary for the first time! Let's do something!

Massachusetts
04-23-2012, 11:05 AM
In Justin Morin’s world of high school classes, clubs and junior varsity lacrosse, politics matter.
His interest in government began in earnest in 2008 when he became engrossed in the presidential election campaign that eventually saw Democrat Barack Obama defeat Republican John McCain.

“I don’t know what it was, I just really got involved,” the junior at Norwich Free Academy said. “There’s always something exciting going on in politics. There’s always something new, always something that relates to you no matter what age you are.”
Four years later, and thanks to the passage of an amendment to Connecticut’s state Constitution in 2008, the 17-year-old will get to vote in Tuesday’s Republican primary.

When he goes to the polls in Norwich, Morin officially will be a part of the state’s civic history. It’s the first time 17-year-olds will be allowed to vote in Connecticut.

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/x1364622670/17-year-olds-voting-in-Connecticut-GOP-primary#axzz1ssrAFXyF

Now, I understand that a lot of young people don't vote, but I imagine this would be an advantage for Ron would it not? We need to do everything we can to reach these voters in Connecticut and their parents! Connecticut is going to be a winner take all state if Romney gets over 50% of the vote. If we can keep Romney under 50%, then their 25 bound delegates will be split proportionally. They also have 3 unbound delegates that will go to Tampa and be able to vote whoever they want. If we can just keep Romney under 50% with the little work we're able to do today and tomorrow in Connecticut, then we will have a major victory on our hands.

Input?

libertylastchance
04-23-2012, 11:40 AM
They can't vote unless they were registered Republican 5 days prior to the election.