PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - RP Campaign needs HELP in Louisiana!!! ALSO PHONE FROM HOME

Matt Collins
04-23-2012, 09:57 AM
The Ron Paul Campaign needs tons of help from people out of state!!!

If you are in NYC or Los Angeles, please phone bank there since those call centers will be calling Louisiana.

If you are in eastern TX (even Dallas or Houston), they need some help on caucus day at nearby locations. Same goes for volunteers throughout AR, MS, AL and FL who want to drive in to help.

They have several beds open in the intern housing in Baton Rouge for people who want to come down from now until Saturday to help the Campaign with ID and GOTV work. The Campaign will feed and house you for free if your get yourselves here!!!

Finally, anyone in Louisiana needs to plug into the grassroots. If you're in Baton Rouge, that means coming to the office to phone bank. If you're elsewhere, that means plugging into the campaign to help out our volunteer coordinators do GOTV and caucus day operations.

For questions please contact JB and Doug at 225-366-7712 (tel:225-366-7712) or 225-532-3063 (tel:225-532-3063).

Email is jbb@ronpaul2012.com

Darguth
04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
For any local Louisianians who aren't already plugged in, I'm organizing most of our door-to-door canvassing efforts on the Northshore and in the Greater New Orleans region of southeastern Louisiana. I'll also be the site-coordinator for our Gretna caucus location on the west bank. if you're in the area and want to volunteer in those efforts please contact me.

Jason Giroux : jgiroux86 at gmail dot com

If you know any friends/family in that region that might help, please point them my way as well.

Steve-in-NY
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll put some calls in!

PolicyReader
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
bump & shared

Darguth
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Romney is trying to co-opt the Louisiana Caucus process. Luckily you can help! Promote this story and use phone.ronpaul2012.com!!!

h t t p ://www.thedeadpelican.com/2012/CAUCUS3.HTM

WE'RE ALL ETCH-A-SKETCH DELEGATES NOW!

April 23, 2012--11:41 PM CDT

It seems that our article on Friday disclosing the Romney/Conservative merger has created a lot of angst and consternation across the state. Apparently a number of the grassroots members of the Conservative Delegation either didn't know that their leadership cut a deal with Romney or hoped that news wouldn't leak out until after the election.

Below are just a few examples of the merger. We should point out that none of the leaders on either side are denying that there was a deal. They really can't since the evidence is more than apparent. Only a small number of activists are still trying to claim that there wasn't a deal cut.

In the First Congressional District three are 13 people who are on BOTH the Romney slate (#5) and the Conservative Delegation Slates (#2 and #3). Highlights of the crossover listings include some of the top Romney organizers in the state such as Diane Hollis and Shane French. Also included are Rick Santorum's former state director Mike Bayham, and LAGOP heavy weights such as Suzie Terrell, Polly Thomas and John Young.

In the Second Congressional District there are 10 people on both the Romney Slate (#5) and the Conservative Delegation (#2 and #3). Crossover listings include Romney organizers Bryan Wagner, Joseph Cao, Winnie Brown and several other prominent LAGOP leaders.

In the Fourth Congressional District there are 13 people on both the Romney Slate (#5) and the Conservative Delegation (#2 and #3). Crossover listings include Romney organizers Harold Coates and LAGOP Senator Robert Adley.

The greatest irony of all may be that the conservative activists who are working hard to turn out voters had to make a choice, either go with Romney and go to the convention or get left off of the crossover listings. Obviously those individuals who are on both slates will always place ahead of their "teammates" who are only on one of the slates.

NOTE: FOR A LOOK AT THE SLATES THAT WE ARE REFERENCING AND THE PEOPLE LISTED ON THEM, GO HERE.

In other news, the Republican Unity Slate continues to grow as well. They've already gotten over 400 friends on their Facebook site at http://www.facebook.com/RepublicanUnitySlate - and we don't know how many people have registered on their website, http://republicanunityslate.com.

http://www.thedeadpelican.com for updates
(C) THE DEAD PELICAN 2012

seawolf
04-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Let's help our RP Supporters in Louisiana. Please call and/or canvas....

I sure hope the Campaign is considering an End of April Push Money Bomb. $$$$ will sure help actions like this one!!!

Matt Collins
04-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Bump

opinionatedfool
04-23-2012, 08:36 PM
bump

mommaliberty
04-23-2012, 08:41 PM
missippians dont forget your Precinct and County Conventions are on Saturday! phone from home in between but dont leave to canvas LA on Sat!!

PolicyReader
04-23-2012, 08:42 PM
bump

Matt Collins
04-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Bump

locoguano
04-24-2012, 07:56 AM
As a resident of Louisiana I have to say that I am ashamed of the voting record here. So called "Conservatives" have aligned themselves with the old Democrat elite that ran the state in the days of Edwin Edwards.

Matt Collins
04-24-2012, 02:10 PM
As a resident of Louisiana I have to say that I am ashamed of the voting record here. So called "Conservatives" have aligned themselves with the old Democrat elite that ran the state in the days of Edwin Edwards.Well if we control the caucuses, which we can, then we can have a significant effect on those sort of shenanigans.

sailingaway
04-24-2012, 02:54 PM
bump

Shotdown1027
04-24-2012, 04:45 PM
We do need help. Remember, this was the state Ron Paul came closest (okay, maybe second closest after Nevada) to winning in 2008. We have a good plan this time around.

Matt Collins
04-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Bump

Matt Collins
04-25-2012, 12:48 PM
bump

Darguth
04-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Vote for...

http://www.facebook.com/ajax/messaging/attachment.php?attach_id=6bf05ef7e8472ac5f3981bedf b86ea69&mid=id.364706326898119&preview=1&hash=AQDxjy7o-4z5M1Kh

...in Louisiana! :)

sailingaway
04-25-2012, 05:43 PM
bump

seawolf
04-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Let's do this in Louisiana!!!! Get involved......Phone from Home!!!! or go to Cajun Country and help!!!

The Revolution is NOW

free.alive
04-25-2012, 07:20 PM
They can check their caucus location at the campaign's caucus locator, www.LouisianaVoter.com!

kathy88
04-25-2012, 08:18 PM
How's the GOTV and ID going?

sailingaway
04-25-2012, 10:44 PM
bump

Matt Collins
04-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Mike Church, who is from Louisiana, talks about Caucusing THIS Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYa5DmUMQR0&feature=uploademail

Darguth
04-26-2012, 08:22 AM
How's the GOTV and ID going?

I know people are hitting the pavement all over SE Louisiana at least, every single day. I think we're doing well, but Saturday will be the real test of that.

Elwar
04-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Any word on how to counter what they did in Louisiana last time?

From what I recall (there are probably threads on here), Huckabee and McCain formed a coalition called "America kicks ass" or whichever name they came up with. People voted for that group and they supported McCain and Huckabee. Ron Paul had more people there supporting him but did not know the name of his group, or got confused.

That is from the very limited recollection I have from 4 years ago.

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 11:24 AM
BUMP

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Any word on how to counter what they did in Louisiana last time?

From what I recall (there are probably threads on here), Huckabee and McCain formed a coalition called "America kicks ass" or whichever name they came up with. People voted for that group and they supported McCain and Huckabee. Ron Paul had more people there supporting him but did not know the name of his group, or got confused.

That is from the very limited recollection I have from 4 years ago.

that might be why Gingrich isn't technically dropping out until next week? I'm hoping those in LA will know Ron is now the only conservative game in town. Last time there were more conservatives still in the mix. Plus I'm wondering if the slots bound to Santorum from the primary are now going to be available...

Darguth
04-26-2012, 11:36 AM
We're well aware of what happened last time :)

I think that the fact the caucus is taking place after the primary, Santorum is out, Gingrich is on his way out, and Romney is the presumptive nominee already could all potentially work in our favor. It's likely to be a low turnout event, so our lack of "soft support" compared to other candidates matters little. We've also been organizing and preparing for months. We shall see soon enough.

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Romney is trying to co-opt the Louisiana Caucus process. Luckily you can help! Promote this story and use phone.ronpaul2012.com!!!

h t t p ://www.thedeadpelican.com/2012/CAUCUS3.HTM

WE'RE ALL ETCH-A-SKETCH DELEGATES NOW!

April 23, 2012--11:41 PM CDT

It seems that our article on Friday disclosing the Romney/Conservative merger has created a lot of angst and consternation across the state. Apparently a number of the grassroots members of the Conservative Delegation either didn't know that their leadership cut a deal with Romney or hoped that news wouldn't leak out until after the election.

Below are just a few examples of the merger. We should point out that none of the leaders on either side are denying that there was a deal. They really can't since the evidence is more than apparent. Only a small number of activists are still trying to claim that there wasn't a deal cut.

In the First Congressional District three are 13 people who are on BOTH the Romney slate (#5) and the Conservative Delegation Slates (#2 and #3). Highlights of the crossover listings include some of the top Romney organizers in the state such as Diane Hollis and Shane French. Also included are Rick Santorum's former state director Mike Bayham, and LAGOP heavy weights such as Suzie Terrell, Polly Thomas and John Young.

In the Second Congressional District there are 10 people on both the Romney Slate (#5) and the Conservative Delegation (#2 and #3). Crossover listings include Romney organizers Bryan Wagner, Joseph Cao, Winnie Brown and several other prominent LAGOP leaders.

In the Fourth Congressional District there are 13 people on both the Romney Slate (#5) and the Conservative Delegation (#2 and #3). Crossover listings include Romney organizers Harold Coates and LAGOP Senator Robert Adley.

The greatest irony of all may be that the conservative activists who are working hard to turn out voters had to make a choice, either go with Romney and go to the convention or get left off of the crossover listings. Obviously those individuals who are on both slates will always place ahead of their "teammates" who are only on one of the slates.

NOTE: FOR A LOOK AT THE SLATES THAT WE ARE REFERENCING AND THE PEOPLE LISTED ON THEM, GO HERE.

In other news, the Republican Unity Slate continues to grow as well. They've already gotten over 400 friends on their Facebook site at http://www.facebook.com/RepublicanUnitySlate - and we don't know how many people have registered on their website, http://republicanunityslate.com.

http://www.thedeadpelican.com for updates
(C) THE DEAD PELICAN 2012

bump ^^^^

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 11:42 AM
tweet it: https://twitter.com/#!/usernamenuse/status/195568402809618432

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 03:42 PM
bump

No1butPaul
04-26-2012, 03:55 PM
bump

Darguth
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
We really need people hitting the phone-from-home tonight and tomorrow morning!

seawolf
04-27-2012, 08:44 AM
We need HELP for Louisiana!!!!

truthspeaker
04-27-2012, 02:34 PM
bump

eleganz
04-27-2012, 05:55 PM
We're getting delegates in the Louisiana caucus tomorrow and we're letting this thread get bumped to page 2?

sigh...

get on it people! delegates at stake!

www.phone.ronpaul2012.com

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 06:11 PM
bump

seawolf
04-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Are YOU in Louisiana YET to help the Campaign???? Please Phone from Home or travel to Cajun Country for tomorrow's caucus!!

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 09:56 PM
bump