PDA

View Full Version : RPF Needs FaceBook Planning Committee W/Chip-in

RDM
04-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Grassroots is dropping the ball. We are NOT effectively using FaceBook to it's true potential. We all know about the media blackout. we can use FaceBook to overcome that. We need to get a planning committee (people with experience) on putting together a effective FaceBook advertising campaigns that targets various markets and advertise crucial topics.

For example: When a poll comes out pertaining to a particular state and it shows Ron Paul beating Obama. We need to have a FaceBook campaign for that state highlighting that poll, even have it directed to a dedicated site with that info.

Or

Pertinent election info for a particular state that could get Ron Paul more votes or get delegates elected.

A chip in to fund the advertising and keep the advertising campaigns rolling without a hitch.

sailingaway
04-23-2012, 07:54 AM
right now I want to chip in to parocks' facebook ads aimed at Ron Paul type people who just aren't on forums, to tell them in PA who Ron's delegates are.

RDM
04-23-2012, 08:08 AM
right now I want to chip in to parocks' facebook ads aimed at Ron Paul type people who just aren't on forums, to tell them in PA who Ron's delegates are.

You see, that's the thing. There is NO and I mean NOOOOOOOOO organization on this forum. It's all scatterbrain activity and last minute push or rush to get things going around here. These kind of things should have been in place months ago, already planned, scripted, ready to go and funded and executed in a timely manner. I'll admit, I'm just a ideas kind of guy, not well versed in with working with Facebook Ads or graphics or designing webpages, etc. But there is plenty of talent on these forums, that if all of this talent could be used effectively, grassroots could be a force to reckon with.

zHorns
04-23-2012, 08:17 AM
You see, that's the thing. There is NO and I mean NOOOOOOOOO organization on this forum. It's all scatterbrain activity and last minute push or rush to get things going around here. These kind of things should have been in place months ago, already planned, scripted, ready to go and funded and executed in a timely manner. I'll admit, I'm just a ideas kind of guy, not well versed in with working with Facebook Ads or graphics or designing webpages, etc. But there is plenty of talent on these forums, that if all of this talent could be used effectively, grassroots could be a force to reckon with.

Completely agree. Honestly, most of the people on the forums aren't doing a damn thing to help/promote anything and when you do get some people responding to threads about promoting a Grassroots efforts, most of the time it's someone that wants to criticize what your doing without offering to help or fix it.

I will tell you, that a few of us on working on some new stuff for the Rise for Liberty Moneybomb, which should be up in the next couple days. We just need folks who don't know how to design or develop to promote the events, even by just inviting friends/family to them on Facebook. I do plan on, possibility doing some Facebook ads targeting Newt/Mitt supporters, primarily in soon to vote states. But we need the funds. I'm already spending rent money to pay for Moneybomb stuff.

sailingaway
04-23-2012, 08:18 AM
We really need non facebook tools as well, because those who hate facebook for it's sharing of information beyond that intended, will likely love Ron Paul.

drummergirl
04-23-2012, 08:18 AM
It is both the beauty and curse of grassroots activity; if you want to do something, you can just go for it and accomplish a lot, but if you want something done for you that's a taller order.

I think the FB idea is fantastic, but I really don't know how FB advertising works. I do know that ever since I "liked" Christians for Ron Paul on FB, I get a lot more RP related ads on my page.

zHorns
04-23-2012, 08:20 AM
We really need non facebook tools as well, because those who hate facebook for it's sharing of information beyond that intended, will likely love Ron Paul.

The reason Facebook is so effective is that you can geo/interest-based target your audience. And it's even more effective since it has a large percentage of the new blood we need to target (women and older voters), which are actually starting to use services like Facebook.

Even for the Rise for Liberty Moneybomb page, we had a single person invite like 8000 people across all their accounts, which are the same inactive, ineffective folks we have invited seen Black this out. It's so important that EVERYONE invites people, because normally friends/family will be more likely to accept, plus on a real account they are more actively involved communicating with others.

muzzled dogg
04-23-2012, 10:18 AM
you are 1 year too late

zHorns
04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
you are 1 year too late

Agreed. We should have been working on this kind of stuff last year.

Right now we're at a point where we need to focus our efforts on a couple events. One being the Moneybomb on May 17th.

The best thing we can do now is try to get more funds for the campaign until Tampa.