PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Are Jumping Ship

azxd
04-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Rats leaving a sinking ship.

Democrats Are Jumping Ship (http://news.investors.com/article/608706/201204201854/democrats-increasingly-abandon-obama-webhed-are-democrats-fleeing-sinking-obama-ship-.htm?)
Posted 04/20/2012 06:54 PM ET
SNIP

The fact that they're willing to trash-talk Obama's single biggest legislative achievement suggests they're worried about something more than how the Supreme Court will rule.

This fear is even more evident when you look at the growing opposition among Democrats to Obama's position on the Keystone XL pipeline.

Obama may have thought he'd cleverly handled the issue by putting it off until next year, and that no one would think to defy his veto threats.

But when Republicans called his bluff with a bill to force a start on construction, 69 Democrats rushed to join them, giving the House bill a veto-proof majority. The Senate bill is just a vote or two away from overcoming a Democratic filibuster.

The importance of this fight is huge. If Democrats defy him, it will severely undermine Obama's claim that he's pursuing an all-of-the-above energy strategy.

Obama came to the White House claiming that he alone was qualified to unite the country behind common objectives. The fact that he's losing support from his own party on two of the most important issues of the day is significant.
I bet they're more scared than they were 2 years ago, when it was mostly (original) Tea Party members who nipped at their heels.

What do you think ?

Don Lapre
04-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Rats leaving a sinking ship.
I bet they're more scared than they were 2 years ago, when it was mostly (original) Tea Party members who nipped at their heels.

What do you think ?

I think it's moving toward what I predicted.

Barry won't even be the dem candidate in 2012.

Anti Federalist
04-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Meh.

Doesn't make me happy.

Romney will set back the freedom movement 20 years.

On core policy issues there is no difference.

I'd just as soon deal with four more years of a crippled and ineffectual Obama, than a re-energized neo-conservative GOP under Romney.

Zippyjuan
04-23-2012, 12:26 PM
It an election season. People will be saying whatever they think will improve their chances of being re-elected.