PDA

View Full Version : Romney Guilty of Felony Vote Rigging?

opinionatedfool
04-22-2012, 09:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v788x9_dPU

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but there does seem to be something to this.

Does anyone know anything more about this? Supposedly Romney is under investigation with the Wisconsin DA?

PaulSoHard
04-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Yea, last I heard they're about to wrap up this investigation. To see anything other than not guilty come out of it would be a surprise

opinionatedfool
04-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Yea, last I heard they're about to wrap up this investigation. To see anything other than not guilty come out of it would be a surprise

Yeah, I'm sure you are right. Maybe some of the democrat press would like to get ahold of this... Rachael Maddow... Hmm...

mike_c
04-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Hmmm. I don't really see anything wrong with this unless he was saying that you could get a free sub if you voted for him. But if he's just handing out free subs indiscriminately is that a problem? Or am I missing part of the story?

Tiso0770
04-22-2012, 09:43 PM
If Ron Paul did anything like that, the GOP would throw the book at him. Where was the Romney advisers/staff in all this when it happened?.... or did Romney thought he could do anything he pleased and get away with it.

PaulSoHard
04-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Hmmm. I don't really see anything wrong with this unless he was saying that you could get a free sub if you voted for him. But if he's just handing out free subs indiscriminately is that a problem? Or am I missing part of the story?

Nice to meet you, thanks for coming by. Thanks for voting, oh, you haven't voted yet. (Looks at other lady) You got to get her to vote now, alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4k4LlVL7eE&feature=youtu.be
At the 24 second mark

RonPaulFever
04-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Vote rigging? Come on.....that's really a stretch.

mike_c
04-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Yea, it's a bit underhanded but I think in order to be illegal he'd have to be trading a sub for a vote, and he didn't make her vote for the sub. I'm not sure of the wording of Wisconsin law other than from the video, but I would imagine this would be legal for any candidate.

edit: Actually, I don't even know if I would consider this underhanded, or even unethical...

alucard13mmfmj
04-22-2012, 10:00 PM
How about giving out maps to go vote... and the maps will show you where to find free money buried. Illegal? lol

NoOneButPaul
04-22-2012, 10:00 PM
lol yea... I'm sure the country would embrace us after we got Romney thrown in jail over this...

RonRules
04-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Here's something else from Waukesha county (2102 Primary) that I discovered:

Look at how well Romney is doing in Sussex Ward 8 (84%)
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj80/RonRules/Elections2012_Primaries_WI/2012_WI_WaukeshaCountyRomneysVoteDistributionHisto gramSubset.png

Guess where all the extra votes came from!
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj80/RonRules/Elections2012_Primaries_WI/2012_WI_WaukeshaCountyRonPaulsVoteDistributionHist ogramSubset.png

RonRules
04-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Speaking of Waukesha county again:

Check out the Brad Blog:
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=8472

"Waukesha County, Wisconsin's County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus was already known, for some time, to be among the nation's worst elections official. And that's saying quite a bit. But new information being discovered over the past several days suggests she may be even worse than previously known --- which is also saying quite a bit. We noted last Friday that the stunning 14,000+ "new" votes she announced as having discovered ..."

"Last week, The BRAD BLOG also detailed some of Nickolaus' horrific record as County Clerk, and just a few of the embarrassments she's caused for her county, including her practice of keeping election results only on a circa 1995 personal computer in her office; using the same user ID and password for all of the employees allowed to access it; and refusing to release city-by-city, much less ward-by-ward election results on Election Night. (The latter is one of the reasons the "missing" 14,000+ votes weren't noticed by anyone in the media or citizenry earlier.)"

City of Brookfield Ballot Bags Found "Wide Open" in Waukesha County, Wisconsin
http://truth-out.org/articles/item/1...ponent&print=1
"Five out of six bags of ballots from first batch to be counted out of the City of Brookfield in Waukesha County, Wisconsin today were discovered "almost wide open" during Day 9 of the statewide Supreme Court election "recount." The bags were open and unsealed, according to both photographic evidence and an eye-witnesses account from the counting room.
The ballots in those bags were among the 14,000 said to have been cast in the April 5th election, but left off of Waukesha County's tally as reported to the media on Election Night."

Another Election Night Snafu in Waukesha County:
"Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus, who has been under fire for past election snafus, is at the center of attention again because new procedures in tallying votes resulted in lengthy delays in getting election results Tuesday.

Nickolaus, who garnered national attention last April when her office made a mistake that flipped the outcome of a hotly contested state Supreme Court race, said she introduced new procedures Tuesday to follow guidelines set forth by the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, which oversees elections in the state."

PaulSoHard
04-22-2012, 10:03 PM
It's not vote rigging by any means.

There is really no clear-cut evidence that Romney bribed these people to vote for him. But here's some more quotes, this one reported by ABC:

“Get out and vote,” Romney urged voters in attendance at the sandwich shop. “If we have a good turnout, then I’ll become the person who receives the Wisconsin delegates that I need to go on to become the nominee and finally take back the White House.”

In Wisconsin, it's illegal to distribute anything worth more than $1 “in order to induce any elector to go to or refrain from going to the polls”
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/cold-cut-case-wisconsin-democrats-accuse-romney-of-subs-for-votes/

InTradePro
04-22-2012, 10:12 PM
This is old subject

Mitt Romney Subgate 'Scandal'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYCqLiT6yyI

alucard13mmfmj
04-22-2012, 10:15 PM
ok ok. let's just substitute "sandwich" with "money" and see if it is illegal

romney will give you 5,000 dollars for you to go vote
romney will give you a sandwich for you to go vote

he is not directly asking them to vote for him... BUT it does influence them in a way to get them to vote for him.

ALSO, wasnt there a case where Romney gave an unemployed woman money at an event?.. although he didn't necessarily asked for her vote, but i am pretty sure the woman would vote for Romney if she did went to vote.

It is probably legal... based on technicalities and the wording.

EaSy
04-23-2012, 05:24 AM
Law is a law. Romney clearly broke a law. No matter who he is he must be punished. It probably won't be an electric chair :), but at least some kind of substantial fine is clearly a must. If he isn't punished, you will see many people doing the same thing in future. Or do you want to see in 4 years Christie's free snacks in every polling place?

Liberty74
04-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Vote rigging? Come on.....that's really a stretch.

Some people are getting desperate. Wait until the convention when nothing goes our way with the 250 delegates we will have. Conspiracies will rule the threads here.

Ivash
04-23-2012, 06:19 AM
Law is a law. Romney clearly broke a law. No matter who he is he must be punished. It probably won't be an electric chair :), but at least some kind of substantial fine is clearly a must. If he isn't punished, you will see many people doing the same thing in future. Or do you want to see in 4 years Christie's free snacks in every polling place?

In Romney's defense, he really didn't break any law. Alucard is wrong to try and replace 'sandwich' with 'money' since they are two completely different things and thus have different rules regulating them (it makes as much logical sense as trying to replace 'sandwich' with 'automatic shotgun'. Yes, that is pretty silly, but so is trying to replace 'sandwich' with '5000 dollars).

I'm sure over the course of a campaign every candidate has given free food to people going in to vote. It looks neighborly.

opinionatedfool
04-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Yea, it's a bit underhanded but I think in order to be illegal he'd have to be trading a sub for a vote, and he didn't make her vote for the sub. I'm not sure of the wording of Wisconsin law other than from the video, but I would imagine this would be legal for any candidate.

edit: Actually, I don't even know if I would consider this underhanded, or even unethical...

It's about breaking the state law, not about whether giving out subs is unethical.

opinionatedfool
04-23-2012, 06:30 AM
In Romney's defense, he really didn't break any law. Alucard is wrong to try and replace 'sandwich' with 'money' since they are two completely different things and thus have different rules regulating them (it makes as much logical sense as trying to replace 'sandwich' with 'automatic shotgun'. Yes, that is pretty silly, but so is trying to replace 'sandwich' with '5000 dollars).

I'm sure over the course of a campaign every candidate has given free food to people going in to vote. It looks neighborly.

Good point.

opinionatedfool
04-23-2012, 06:31 AM
This is old subject

Mitt Romney Subgate 'Scandal'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYCqLiT6yyI

Hmm... strange I missed it.

tod evans
04-23-2012, 06:31 AM
I have a real hard time drawing "felony" from passing out sandwiches.

Seems to me some of his business dealings would come closer to felonious behavior.