PDA

View Full Version : Washington Times: More people donated to Ron Paul than to Mitt Romney last month

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 08:09 PM
according to new disclosures that highlight the difficulty the former Massachusetts governor has had in motivating wide swaths of the party base.

Disclosure forms covering March, made public Friday, show that Mr. Romney received 18,461 donations of at least $200, while Mr. Paul received 18,835, though Mr. Romney overall raised far more money than the Texas lawmaker — nearly $13 million compared with $2.6 million.

Over the whole 2012 presidential primary campaign, Mr. Paul has taken in almost twice as many such donations as Mr. Romney — about 172,000 to 90,000. And in donations of less than $200, Mr. Romney was even outraised by former Sen. Rick Santorum, by $2.3 million to $1.7 million.

Instead of large numbers of contributors, Mr. Romney has relied more on wealthy associates giving maximum campaign contributions and unlimited super PAC donations — an impression the Romney super PAC underscored March 20 by paying an $800,000 fundraising commission to the company of Steve C. Roche, a massive performance-based bonus to a former top campaign official.

Meanwhile, the campaign of Newt Gingrich has amassed more than $4 million in debts in mounting his bid for the presidency, which he insists he will pursue until the August nominating convention, leaving an airline, lawyers and staffers without compensation even as the campaign has paid Mr. Gingrich, family members and connected businesses for services and expenses.

more at link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/22/romney-lags-in-smaller-campaign-donations/

KEEF
04-22-2012, 08:26 PM
...and after reading that article, MY GOD PEOPLE!!! WHO CANNOT SEE THAT R*MN*Y ISN'T BOUGHT AND PAID FOR?

wgadget
04-22-2012, 08:46 PM
WOW.

I sent this to Drudge.

Too bad they didn't write ROMNEY LAGS RON PAUL IN CAMPAIGN DONATIONS...But I guess that wouldn't fit their agenda that RON PAUL is still in the race.

J_White
04-22-2012, 09:08 PM
just another harbinger of how a Wall Street candidate is being set up to fool us into believing that he will be better than the previous Wall Street candidate !

carterm
04-22-2012, 09:16 PM
spread, email wead