PDA

View Full Version : Help Ron Paul Win the Last Caucus State! Louisiana (Saturday 4/28)

free.alive
04-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Louisiana is a state that Ron Paul can definitely win!

Nearly all Louisiana's 46 national delegates are chosen by the delegates attending the state convention. Those state convention delegates will be elected at Saturday's caucus.

Louisiana's caucus is very different than caucuses in most states. There are no meetings or speeches, and you don't need to know Robert's Rules. In fact, you could more accurately call it a "caucus vote," since voters will literally show up at one of 30 locations statewide between the hours of 8:30 am and 12pm Saturday and cast their vote for delegates on a paper ballot.

There will be no presidential candidates on the ballot - only delegates. They are elected on slates, with each congressional district electing a different group of delegates to the State Convention. Voters can either vote for 25 individual delegates and 12 alternates, or they can vote for an entire slate.

There are 9 different slates on the ballot statewide, but the Ron Paul campaign has the most complete slate of all the groups on the ballot. Ron Paul is the most organized, and has the establishment Republicans terrified he may actually win on Saturday. Since only about 10,000 people voted in 2008, turnout could be very, very small - giving the Ron Paul campaign a HUGE advantage!

WHAT YOU CAN DO

The campaign and the Louisiana grassroots need all the help they can get! If you are in Los Angeles or New York City, please head to the phone banks there and help them make calls into Louisiana. If you're in the Baton Rouge area, please help them at the Baton Rouge phone bank. If you're anywhere else in the state, plug in with the grassroots by contacting the people below.

If you live in neighboring states, please drive down to Baton Rouge. They have food and housing for committed volunteers who will help make calls starting Monday. Anyone who can help at locations on Saturday will be given instructions, materials and the plan to win.

If you are anywhere else in the country, please join the campaign's Phone From Home (http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/login.php?return_url=%2Fv%2F) program and help find more Ron Paul supporters in Louisiana, and then turn them out to vote!

Contact Doug or JB in Baton Rouge to learn how you can help by calling 225-366-7712 or 225-532-3063, or emailing jbb@ronpaul2012.com!

tsai3904
04-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Only people registered as Republicans on December 15, 2011 can vote in the caucus right?

Does this site tell people when they were registered as a Republican?
https://voterportal.sos.la.gov/

Agorism
04-22-2012, 06:35 PM
How many votes did Paul get in 08?

I remember that pro family pro life party as a front group for getting mccain votes. is that back?

joshnorris14
04-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Can someone PM me a delegate list? I know a lot of people on a very popular LSU message board that are Paul supporters.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 06:40 PM
http://defaultprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/the-last-remnant-20070510014728982.jpg

The Last Caucus State

Agorism
04-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Someone on dailypaul pointed out...

Nebraska and Montana are holding caucuses on the 10th and 16th of June respectively, worth a total of 61 delegates.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Someone on dailypaul pointed out...

And we want them.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Louisiana is a state that Ron Paul can definitely win!

Can you make some room in your PM box?

free.alive
04-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Can you make some room in your PM box?

I think I just did. Not fully sure how that works...

free.alive
04-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Agorism: "Someone on dailypaul pointed out...

Nebraska and Montana are holding caucuses on the 10th and 16th of June respectively, worth a total of 61 delegates."

Yep! My bad. We've had an operation in LA since last year, though. They need everyone's help!