PDA

View Full Version : Super Brochures are everywhere in Connecticut!

Jeremy
04-22-2012, 02:21 PM
It's awesome. Someone in church told me she got one and then my dad told me he got one. When I first got one (or 4, lol) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?372650-Got-a-super-brochure-today...-or-four), I didn't even know people were still sending them out. Good work!

Lightweis
04-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Well we lost that state.

Jeremy
04-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Wow a 1 star rating and a negative post. What is with some of you?

Lightweis
04-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Superbrochures blow. I burned 1000 of them I found

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Stigma about the old version of Super-Brochures and losing support in Iowa and other States because of them etc...

parocks
04-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Well we lost that state.

good one. but it really wouldn't make a difference. it's Connecticut.

Expect lots of "fraud" in southern Fairfield County.

Jeremy
04-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Well I originally had a negative opinion about them until I actually received one and was told positive things about them. I don't know how great the inside content is, but it was nice to just get something about Ron Paul. I think the front will do more than the inside- just for name recognition, etc.

Expect lots of "fraud" in southern Fairfield County.

Why?

ironj221
04-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Daily Paul = we love superbrochures
RPF = we hate superbrochures

You posted in the wrong place ;)

Jeremy
04-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Daily Paul = we love superbrochures
RPF = we hate superbrochures

You posted in the wrong place ;)

Yet no one seems to be able to say what's wrong with them...

I know it was a headache putting the thing together and going through mistake after mistake, but CT is a late state and I don't see what's bad about getting Ron Paul literature in the hands of Republicans who have never had Ron Paul literature.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 03:24 PM
There used to be stuff wrong with them and one thing is just saying 'too much' because a lot of soft support is in 'spots' and some stuff without explanation can sound scary.

However, the new superbrochures are MUCH better, and with the campaign not having money to spend as it was in the early days, superbrochures aren't countering their efforts. I think it is great, right now, to be honest.

Jeremy
04-22-2012, 03:29 PM
There used to be stuff wrong with them and one thing is just saying 'too much' because a lot of soft support is in 'spots' and some stuff without explanation can sound scary.

However, the new superbrochures are MUCH better, and with the campaign not having money to spend as it was in the early days, superbrochures aren't countering their efforts. I think it is great, right now, to be honest.

Especially in a late state like CT where there is literally nothing going on politically. There are no signs, commercials, literate... nothing. Of course I've seen a few RP signs every now and then, but that's it other than Obama bumper stickers. No Romney signs, stickers, mailers, commercials, etc. It's quiet here.

Keith and stuff
04-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Yet no one seems to be able to say what's wrong with them...

I know it was a headache putting the thing together and going through mistake after mistake, but CT is a late state and I don't see what's bad about getting Ron Paul literate in the hands of Republicans who have never had Ron Paul literature.

I totally, agree. Even if it is a mistake to use super brochures in close states because of the controversial and untargeted message, it doesn't matter in places like CT because it is not a close state. Exposing Republicans in CT to liberty ideas is a great thing.

alucard13mmfmj
04-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I dont think the super brochures can hurt at this point and I'm sure it has been refined or bettered since the Iowa ones.

Super brochures might help Ron Paul get some exposure. Let's say someone recieves a Super brochure and the worst case scenario is that the voter won't vote for Ron Paul because of it... BUT what if that voter went and told people "BLEH BLEH BLEH, I am not voting for Ron Paul". Maybe those people would be "What? Ron Paul is still running?" Lose 1 vote and possibly gain a few from word of mouth.

Think a couple of steps ahead... I wish Ron would attack Romney. Piss Romney off and try to make Romney waste money making attack ads for Ron Paul or talking about Ron Paul... which would put us on the radar and people know Ron Paul exists.

tttppp
04-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Especially in a late state like CT where there is literally nothing going on politically. There are no signs, commercials, literate... nothing. Of course I've seen a few RP signs every now and then, but that's it other than Obama bumper stickers. No Romney signs, stickers, mailers, commercials, etc. It's quiet here.

I live in CT. I haven't seen one commercial, sign, or bumper sticker for republicans. I have seen a bunch of Obama bumper stickers though.

CaptainAmerica
04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Superbrochures blow. I burned 1000 of them I found http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000763913/polls_GoToJail_thumb_5751_999415_answer_2_xlarge.j peg

CaptainAmerica
04-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Stigma about the old version of Super-Brochures and losing support in Iowa and other States because of them etc... .........do people realize that 9 precincts were missing votes still? hmmm

ross11988
04-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Well we lost that state.

+1

Sola_Fide
04-22-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm with you Jeremy. I wouldn't mind getting a superbrochure in the mail either.

alucard13mmfmj
04-22-2012, 04:05 PM
states where there is almost no campaigning.. if we can get exposure by super brochure, then so be it.

LibertyRevolution
04-22-2012, 04:23 PM
I live in CT, in the Hartford area..

Here is my towns republican primary results from 2008:
Romney: 579
McCain: 633
Huckabee: 100
Paul: 65
Total Registered Republican Voters:3453
Total Republican Voter turnout: 1440
Turnout Percent: 41.7%
This is what I am up against...

So... Yeah... Brochures or no brochure .. It is gonna be tough to win this one.
I have seen a lot of Romney signs...I have only seen 2 Ron Paul signs in my town this time around.

I think we are gonna get pwned back into single digits up here :/
My predictions for my town for 2012:
Romney:1200
Paul:176
Grinch:64

Yeah, I am a pessimist.. don't mind me...
-----------------------------------------------------------
EDIT POST FOR ELECTION 2012 RESULTS:
Mitt Romney: 980
Ron Paul: 183
Newt Gingrich:148

I was really close on that RP #!

parocks
04-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Well I originally had a negative opinion about them until I actually received one and was told positive things about them. I don't know how great the inside content is, but it was nice to just get something about Ron Paul. I think the front will do more than the inside- just for name recognition, etc.

Why?

It's a riff on the whole "vote fraud" thing that the people who joined in March 2012 are seeing everywhere.

Romney will do well in Southern Fairfield County (Greenwich, Darien, etc). When Romney does well, it's "fraud".

tttppp
04-22-2012, 05:37 PM
It's a riff on the whole "vote fraud" thing that the people who joined in March 2012 are seeing everywhere.

Romney will do well in Southern Fairfield County (Greenwich, Darien, etc). When Romney does well, it's "fraud".

Its all rich people there. Of course Romney will do well there. Thats his base.

parocks
04-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Its all rich people there. Of course Romney will do well there. Thats his base.

Are you sure that financial factors play into it? Maybe those are "large precincts" and an "algorithm" is used to move the votes from Ron Paul to Mitt Romney?

There are McDonalds everywhere, so people should vote the same everywhere no matter what. Unless they're Eskimos. Or so I've read on the vote flipping threads, which for some reason aren't moved to hot topics.

tttppp
04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Are you sure that financial factors play into it? Maybe those are "large precincts" and an "algorithm" is used to move the votes from Ron Paul to Mitt Romney?

There are McDonalds everywhere, so people should vote the same everywhere no matter what. Unless they're Eskimos. Or so I've read on the vote flipping threads, which for some reason aren't moved to hot topics.

Nobody is denying that Romney has plenty of support from rich people. However, its very obvious he does not connect to the average person, or people who want change, in any way. If he cannot get the support of the average person, its physically impossible for him to win the election. For some reason, Romney has defied all logic.

Gage
04-22-2012, 06:10 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3168/2610123582_0049a103cf.jpg

GeorgiaAvenger
04-22-2012, 06:13 PM
I think single page cards are better than brochures. Most simply do not have the attention span.

That would be great for helping out the liberty candidates in the various states. It is hardly practical to knock on everybody's doors.

parocks
04-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Nobody is denying that Romney has plenty of support from rich people. However, its very obvious he does not connect to the average person, or people who want change, in any way. If he cannot get the support of the average person, its physically impossible for him to win the election. For some reason, Romney has defied all logic.

I've been joking.

Yes, there are a lot of things that make Romney less than electable with those swing voters.

Aratus
04-22-2012, 06:16 PM
superbrochures cannot hurt at this point.
they tell people the cause is active. i say
bring 'em on! the damage they may have
done hit by iowa and new hampshire in this
very competative year! i feel they are now
all collector's items and political memorabilia.

Jeremy
04-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I hope you all realize we aren't losing because of fraud.

edit: Can't tell who's being sarcastic in terms of "fraud".

kathy88
04-22-2012, 06:30 PM

And the mods have asked the negativity be kept off those threads. I would imagine that bringing it to other threads would also be frowned upon.

jmdrake
04-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Jeremy, I don't have a dog in the superbrochure fight. But if you want some free slim jims PM me. I've got some left over and it'd be a shame for them to go to waste.

J_White
04-22-2012, 09:14 PM
and here we go again !

tuggy24g
04-22-2012, 09:35 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3168/2610123582_0049a103cf.jpg

That is the nicest McDonalds I have ever seen!!