PDA

View Full Version : Constitutional Amendments I would like, what do you think?

noxagol
11-15-2007, 08:52 AM
The first amendment would be one to repeal the 16th Amendment, the 14th Amendment, the 13th Amendment, the 19th Amendment, the 17th amendment, and the 15th amendment because these are all immoral and/or unneeded, or undermine the republic trying to institute more of a democracy, especially the ones that "give" rights to certain groups. This idea is completely retarded and enforces the idea that you get your rights based on what group you are part of. The second part of this amendment would reinforce that all individuals have the same rights as all other individuals, which basically is what the previous ones are trying to get at, but they go about it in the wrong way.

The second amendment would be that the president can only deploy the military to another country or another nation's waters if we have declared war on that nation through an official declaration of war by the Congress, we are using that nation's land or water as a staging point for war against a nation that we have declared war against through an official declaration of war by the Congress and we have that nation's permission to do so, the president is preempting a known and imminent attack on the United States, and the president must prove that the response was necessary and the threat was real within 72 hours of the beginning of the military response being ordered to the Congress which will require a majority vote by both houses and if the Congress does not agree that the threat was real or the response appropriate, the president shall be removed from office immediately and the Vice president shall take over. The president shall stand trail for abuse/misuse of power and the trial shall happen as though it were an impeachment trial with the senate being the jury and the chief justice presiding. The president may be imprisoned as seen fit by the chief justice, needing Congressional approval for an execution.

The third amendment would be that the courts must inform juries of their rights, namely Jury Nullification.

The fourth would be to change the wording of the first amendment from

"Congress shall write no law" to "No law shall be written"

This would be to preserve what I think is a good part of the 14th amendment.

It would also change the wording of the second amendment to

"The right of the individual to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed in any way except on the basis of past violent criminal behavior or mental illness that help was provided to a patient who was involuntarily committed."

This would be to make it more clear that people should be allowed to own and carry any weapon they so chose and that this may be taken away if the person has proven themselves to be irresponsible and/or dangerous to have such right based on past actions.

Also changed would be the the fourth amendment to:

"The right of the individual to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, effects, private accounts and records both physical and virtual and any communication between physical and/or virtual accounts against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons, things, or information to be seized."

This would be done to provide better and more clear protection to thinks like bank accounts, email accounts, wire tapping of phones and interception of email.

The fifth amendment would be that the federal government cannot set their own wage or benefits. The wage for the federal government shall be set by taking a vote of the individuals who vote for a federal position and taking the average of the numbers provided, throwing out the top 5% of the numbers provided. It would also state that no branch of the government may have any powers that are not granted specifically and explicitly by the Constitution and that they may not have any powers that they grant to themselves. Each power must have some form of official approval from another branch of the government.

The sixth would be that the government may not keep records classified from public view or from being collected by any individual except in cases of information on currently in use or in development military equipment, techniques, strategies, protocols, or deployments as these are necessary to protect against foreign spies. Once the use of the equipment, technique, strategy, protocol, or deployment is ceased, all information must be made available to any individual who requests it as soon as possible.

These are just a few that I have come up with in the recent days.

fsk
11-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I wrote an article on this subject in my blog.

http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/2007/11/list-of-proposed-constitutional.html

My conclusion was that there's no finite list of amendments that can successfully patch the constitution. There always are holes.

Unfortunately, the only valid Constitution is a NULL constitution. The only valid forms of law are common law and contract law.

noxagol
11-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Well, what do you think of my proposals?

noxagol
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
So no one has any opinions of these amendments?

derdy
11-15-2007, 07:10 PM
That's funny you posted this. I requested to the moderators to create a subforum (Constitution Corner?) for discussions on the Constitution and amendments we'd like to see, amongst other things. I was thinking of posting the exact same thread as you.:)

I'll comment more later

derdy
11-15-2007, 07:16 PM
If you lke the idea, go bump it up

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36315

It's been viewed twice in two days! I also sent a PM to Josh requesting this.

I'm a little busy at work now so I'll comment on your amendments later. :D

fsk
11-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Some people have said "Call an Aritcle V convention".

I say: The idea of having a Constitution at all was a mistake. Who needs a Federal government?

Another problem is: How are you going to get your amendments ratified? It's hard enough getting Ron Paul elected President. Do you seriously think all those amendments could be passed?

Goldwater Conservative
11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Aside from repealing the 16th Amendment and requiring a 2/3 Senate majority for judicial appointments, the only one I can think of would come at the end in a font size triple the rest of the document and say "Everyone, we're freaking serious about all of this."

seapilot
11-15-2007, 09:47 PM
The consitution would work if they only followed like Ron Paul does. It doesnt need many changes. Your 2nd amendment modification is best left to the states under 10th amendment. Local laws already dont allow people with violent pasts to have guns.

My own personal ones are get rid of the 16th amendment , as congress can generate enough tax revenue under article 1 section 8.

Add an admendment to the definition of welfare under Jefferson and Madisons original intent only to carry out the powers and duties specifically enumerated in the subsequent clauses of Article I, Section 8, and elsewhere in the Constitution, not to meet the seemingly infinite needs of the general welfare

derdy
11-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I'd like an amendment setting term limits on Congress especially the House. The 2 year term was set up as a counter balance to the Senate's 6 year terms. The founders would roll over in their graves knowing that we keep re-electing the same asshats back to the House for life, living off the people like kings. That's the only way to get rid of the establishment.

Running for office also needs to be made more affordable.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
11-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Make the House about 10 times bigger.

thomaspaine23
11-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Repeal 16th and 17th.

Add two more,

Any federal spending over and above federal revenue for the previous year shall be levyed as a fee upon sitting members of the senate. Any sitting senator who is incapable or unwilling to paid this levy shall resign his seat.

The supreme court of the United states shall consist of a panel of 13 judges. These judges shall be drawn each session by lot, from among the chief justices of the various state supreme courts.

noxagol
11-16-2007, 09:38 AM
The consitution would work if they only followed like Ron Paul does. It doesnt need many changes. Your 2nd amendment modification is best left to the states under 10th amendment. Local laws already dont allow people with violent pasts to have guns.

My own personal ones are get rid of the 16th amendment , as congress can generate enough tax revenue under article 1 section 8.

Add an admendment to the definition of welfare under Jefferson and Madisons original intent only to carry out the powers and duties specifically enumerated in the subsequent clauses of Article I, Section 8, and elsewhere in the Constitution, not to meet the seemingly infinite needs of the general welfare

The Constitution prohibits ANY infringement on the right to keep and bear arms from any government. If it did not, then states and local governments would not need search warrants to search anything.