PDA

View Full Version : so whats the deal with jon stewart lately?

satchelmcqueen
04-22-2012, 11:36 AM
i understand he doesnt own his show or even have 100% control of what goes on the air. i also understand that he is a comedian on a comic show so, with that said i get the bottom line answer that it all can come down to.

however....

lately on his show it seems that they are also pretending that ron paul doesnt exist or is even running. his quote of ......"as you know the republican presidential nomination has all been sown up by now presumptive nominee willard scott mittington romnasauraus...." has really got me thinking that our last line of honest reporting of events (even though its in light humor) has now vanished.

stewart in the past has called out frauds like the msm, jim kramer and lots of others along with the "ron paul is the thirteenth floor" story.

what has happened? has his show been told to back off with keeping ron in the light? a perfect story for them to make fun of the msm and their bias id assume would be the whole "where is ron paul" story put out by FOX NEWS along with the pictures of the same time period of pauls events attracting thousands and standing room only speeches. then couple that with romneys 300 people events.

but now it seems the ron paul mentions on the show are gone.

what has happened in your opinion? perhaps stewart could do a biased report on his show calling romney as the upcoming nominee when it could very well go the other way.

perhaps we can all email and ask him to have ron on again since hes still in the race. im going to right now. join me?

Trending topics:
#tdsbreakingnews

Join the Conversation:
@TheDailyShow

FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow

Indy Vidual
04-22-2012, 11:51 AM
So whats the deal with jon stewart?

General Answer:
Comedy Central = MSM for younger people = There is a real limit to how much 'good' you can expect to see from them.

Specific Answer:
Contacting jon stewart (and other efforts) is a good idea, you might get some results.

satchelmcqueen
04-22-2012, 01:00 PM
bumpity bump bump

Dark_Horse_Rider
04-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Pretty much what Indy Vidual said about Comedy Central = MSM

DerailingDaTrain
04-22-2012, 03:35 PM
I have also noticed this. He has a forum you can post suggestions to if I recall correctly.

BlackTerrel
04-22-2012, 03:46 PM
lately on his show it seems that they are also pretending that ron paul doesnt exist or is even running. his quote of ......"as you know the republican presidential nomination has all been sown up by now presumptive nominee willard scott mittington romnasauraus...." has really got me thinking that our last line of honest reporting of events (even though its in light humor) has now vanished.

Honestly.... I think Stewart really does believe it's over now and that Mitt has won the Repub nomination.

Is he right? Time will tell.

Victor Grey
04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
General Answer:
Comedy Central = [I]MSM for younger people

Yep, what Indy Vidual said.

The Daily Show is touted as exposing hypocrisy and the ridiculous things in politics. It does. However that doesn't mean they're a holy grail of objectivity to be trusted without question.

I've seen them cut sound clips out of c-span floor speeches I'd watched live, to create a more comedic strawman out of a person's words. I didn't find it as funny then, knowing what was actually done there. I considered it unfair. Of course it'll be said it's in the name of comedy. That still the isn't enough for me at all. It's pretext for sometimes intentionally conveying notions that aren't entirely factual, while presenting that they actually are. No doubt as a mental narrative the writers are convinced of themselves is the real truth of the matter.

That show does some good things often, and it's entertaining. I do think they try to be honest in their spoofs. But they aren't without biases.

Peace&Freedom
04-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Same thing happened to the Young Turks, which went from heaping partial praise on Paul and lamenting the two party puppet show months ago, to being utterly compliant with the "bash Republicans in an election year" rhetoric now. Same for the SNL opening sketch last week, that lampooned the GOP primary candidates without a single mention of Paul. The bat signal must have gone out, with TPTB decreeing "no more end the Fed, end the wars, stop SOPA/ACTA/CISPA" non-establishment approved issues. The whole media (excluding RT) has complied.

satchelmcqueen
04-22-2012, 06:14 PM
yes the whole media has indeed complied. RT and ben swann are the only 2 i can think of that still mention ron.

jemuf
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
One thing I have to remind myself is that my political perspective as a Ron Paul supporter is very different from non-Ron Paul supporters.

To understand this try to remember what you thought about politics, society, and Ron Paul before you started concentrating on Ron Paul.

I'm so detached and ignorant about Romney and Gingrich because I don't follow them. The only thing I know about those guys is that they are still running because the #PropagandistMedia hasn't said they're not.

I have a buddy at work who follows politics. However he's a Romney supporter. But onlybecause the media he follows tells him that Romney has the best chance to defeat Obama. Last week he said he hadn't heard a thing about Paul in over one month.

RonPaulMall
04-22-2012, 10:37 PM
This is very true. We the percentage of Americans who follow alternative news exclusively is pretty small. For example, though the majority of us have heard the news about Ron Paul in Minnesota, I'd wager to guess that not 5% of actual Minnnesotans are aware. And not even close to 1% of America knows. Comedy Central's market is not us. It is the boobus Americanus. Even if somebody at CC did know what was going on, if they talked about Ron Paul all the time their audience would just be confused.