PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Potential Pennsylvania Election Day SNAFU

kathy88
04-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Winter Storm Watch
Hazardous Weather Outlook

Today: A chance of drizzle before noon, then a chance of showers after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 47. North wind between 13 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tonight: Rain before 2am, then rain and snow. Low around 33. North wind between 11 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Monday: Rain, snow, and sleet. High near 33. West wind around 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Monday Night: Snow. Low around 30. West wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Why is this bad?

Problem is we need to confirm our poll workers will show up to work outside in nasty weather since I understand the entire plan to let people know who to vote for was to hand out cards at the voting booth which was a calculated risk. Maybe people from nearby states can help if willing? People who like Ron but don't happen to be plugged into a forum don't know who to vote for right now, since the beauty contest is only that. We need Ron's delegates directly elected, and it doesn't say who they support. (I know you know this, but many don't.)

Having said that, we will find out how many want to vote for Romney in a snow storm.

Titus
04-22-2012, 08:59 AM
It sounds like supporters should contact each other to ensure the snow won't stop them.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 09:00 AM
It sounds like supporters should contact each other to ensure the snow won't stop them.

and make sure people know which delegates to vote for.

kathy88
04-22-2012, 09:04 AM
10 inches here strands a ton of people. If schools are closed some of the secondary roads don't get plowed for a couple days. I'm confident that our people will be out, I'm just worried about soft support.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Oh. Well, soft support is more likely to be a Romney problem imho, but you are right about soft protest support, I suspect.

RonRules
04-22-2012, 09:21 AM
It's all good, bring it on.

Scott_in_PA
04-22-2012, 09:29 AM
and make sure people know which delegates to vote for.

Every one on the mailing list/donors recieved delegate cards in the mail.....They know who to vote for;)

kathy88
04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Every one on the mailing list/donors recieved delegate cards in the mail.....They know who to vote for;)

I'm wondering if I can get a PSA on the free cable channel that I'm giving rides in my truck to polls..... I'll leave my number and if they are Paul peeps I'll pick them up. Anyone else, I'll have truck trouble, BAD. LOL.

Titus
04-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Kathy, just drive everybody. You might get in trouble on election day for giving something of value (truck ride) in exchange for the vote. Plus, if they happen to be Romney supporters, they have to put up with hearing all the reasons Ron Paul is great.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 09:38 AM

Ron has TONS of support that won't be on those lists. That was so infuriating in LA when we were trying to get votes for the GOP central committee and I really wanted to vote for them and literally couldn't figure out who to vote for. I ended up voting against the chair, figuring that was safe, but that was it. I would have been on a donor list, but we don't only want people to vote for him who in this economy can give money.

Agorism
04-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Romney will win a lot of states this week so I am worried the RNC will declare him the "presumptive Nominee" and try to railroad Paul (and Gingrich) from here on out.

tuggy24g
04-22-2012, 09:45 AM
I will still personally be outside a polling place no matter how much snow or rain is on the ground! Ron Paul is worth it!

RPit
04-22-2012, 09:53 AM
a lot of people especially students take the subway and buses in PA so make sure those will be working and if not make sure they arrange a ride somehow. everyone should contact their friends and come up with a plan to get to the polls, don't get stranded because the subway isn't working. Everyone needs to get out and vote, those of you with a car need to make sure you take with you anyone that needs a ride. Call!!

kathy88
04-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Kathy, just drive everybody. You might get in trouble on election day for giving something of value (truck ride) in exchange for the vote. Plus, if they happen to be Romney supporters, they have to put up with hearing all the reasons Ron Paul is great.I was kidding

kathy88
04-22-2012, 09:59 AM
a lot of people especially students take the subway and buses in PA so make sure those will be working and if not make sure they arrange a ride somehow. everyone should contact their friends and come up with a plan to get to the polls, don't get stranded because the subway isn't working. Everyone needs to get out and vote, those of you with a car need to make sure you take with you anyone that needs a ride. Call!!im it the second largest district in pa it's rural and there is NO public transportation.

RPit
04-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I was talking about the city area like in Philadelphia with all those universities.

kathy88
04-22-2012, 10:04 AM
I took off work to hand out delegate cards anyway if I have to taxi I'll do that and Nate can hand out cards.

RonRules
04-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Looking good:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj80/RonRules/Elections2012_Primaries_PA/WeatherOnElectionDay.png

liberalnurse
04-22-2012, 10:56 AM
im it the second largest district in pa it's rural and there is NO public transportation.

Ain't that the truth. LOL Although I think we may just get rain here in the valley. Northern Tier is a different story. I'll be there doing my part regardless.

ross11988
04-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Ill be outside my polling location all day. I know 10 other people will be just in my county. PS. Were looking good here in PA with delegates.

tbone717
04-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Kathy lives in the boonies :)

It will be 49 here in Central PA, 50% chance of rain.

kathy88
04-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Kathy lives in the boonies :)

It will be 49 here in Central PA, 50% chance of rain.

You're not kidding boonies. I have to go to the store. There will already be no milk, eggs or bread. Not a flake yet. Why do so many people make French Toast when it snows?

eleganz
04-22-2012, 12:07 PM
kathy I left you a PM, please contact me asap. I can help you.

parocks
04-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Kathy, just drive everybody. You might get in trouble on election day for giving something of value (truck ride) in exchange for the vote. Plus, if they happen to be Romney supporters, they have to put up with hearing all the reasons Ron Paul is great.

giving rides is part of gotv. randomly offering everybody rides is not the way it's done.

you identify your supporters and then when you remind them to vote, you offer them rides.

I'm guessing there really isn't much of an organization in PA? I'm not saying there aren't people working, there clearly are people doing that.

04-22-2012, 12:23 PM
There is snow in the forecast here in eastern PA but no significant accumulation.

I still have no idea what might happen Tuesday. People here still don't seem to like Romney much.

Delegate cards came in the mail to everyone on the mailing list the other day.

KCIndy
04-22-2012, 12:33 PM
You're not kidding boonies. I have to go to the store. There will already be no milk, eggs or bread. Not a flake yet. Why do so many people make French Toast when it snows?

LOL! People always got the same impulse right before a snowstorm in (rural) north central Indiana where I grew up... and I'm sure they still do to this day!

Lindsey
04-22-2012, 12:38 PM

Got mine!

I'll be at the polls on Tuesday. I collected signatures during one of the two snowy days we got all year - it just figures it would snow on primary day...

Birdlady
04-22-2012, 01:58 PM
They are calling for 4-8 inches of snow here...
I am actually concerned I won't be able to get out of my drive way. :eek:

DaninPA
04-22-2012, 02:24 PM
High 56 here with 30% chance of precip. I'll be at my polling place handing out delegate lists.

What should I say to people?

I was thinking something like "Hi, help us beat Obama. Please vote for these folks for delegates. Thanks"

I figure the "beat Obama" part will hook many Repubs no matter who they support.

I'm no salesman, so if you have a suggestion post it please.

Dan

kathy88
04-22-2012, 02:27 PM
High 56 here with 30% chance of precip. I'll be at my polling place handing out delegate lists.

I was thinking something like "Hi, help us beat Obama. Please vote for these folks for delegates. Thanks"

Dan that works just fine!

WesSeid
04-22-2012, 04:09 PM
An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any rain or any snow!

Romney will win a lot of states this week so I am worried the RNC will declare him the "presumptive Nominee" and try to railroad Paul (and Gingrich) from here on out.

Pretty sure they've already been doing that for months.

evilfunnystuff
04-22-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm trying to find delegate info on PA now, but apparently it is a secret.

04-22-2012, 04:57 PM

If you're on the campaign mailing list they will send it to you. If post what CD you need it for and I'm sure somebody will give you the RP delegate names.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 05:04 PM

I figure the "beat Obama" part will hook many Repubs no matter who they support.

Dan

I think people should say they are for Ron Paul. Or people who want to vote for him won't know what to do.

Alternatively, you could just say they are friends of yours, if you are the kind of person people would like. :p

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 05:13 PM
By the way, the campaign now has a list of who their delegates are up on the web page http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/04/22/pennsylvania-delegates/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pennsylvania-delegates

kathy88
04-23-2012, 04:57 AM
Woke up to this. It's supposed to slow down and maybe give us another inch, maybe two. Hopefully the roads will be clear by tomorrow morning.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/538911_407379352619237_100000415284539_1381125_132 1548551_n.jpg

SchleckBros
04-23-2012, 06:35 AM
This is kinda off topic but I don't have a car and can't get to my voting precinct. Any ideas on who I should contact so I can vote.

04-23-2012, 07:32 AM
This is kinda off topic but I don't have a car and can't get to my voting precinct. Any ideas on who I should contact so I can vote.

Post your location and I'm sure somebody will drive you

tuggy24g
04-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Red this thread
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?373161-Pennsylvania-Delegate-List

Also I want it to be the worst weather we had in recent months. That way less people will show up and we can have a better chance at getting are delegates and Ron Paul votes.

apple466
04-23-2012, 08:17 AM
You should say:"Please vote for this good conservative republican delegates." Don't mention Ron Paul's name. Don't engage in long conversations, you can miss a lot people. Dress nicely and be polite.
I listened to our county representative on the conference call the other day. These are the tips he gave us.

drummergirl
04-23-2012, 08:31 AM
What does the ballot look like in Pennsylvania?

Birdlady
04-23-2012, 01:28 PM
We didn't end up getting any snow here where I live. Total fail on the weatherman's part...lol

evilfunnystuff
04-23-2012, 03:57 PM
We didn't end up getting any snow here where I live. Total fail on the weatherman's part...lol

I got snow, and had to scrape my windows this morning.

PolicyReader
04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm wondering if I can get a PSA on the free cable channel that I'm giving rides in my truck to polls..... I'll leave my number and if they are Paul peeps I'll pick them up. Anyone else, I'll have truck trouble, BAD. LOL.
Let the local campaign know about this. Not just that you're doing (tho that's awesome :D) but also to put the word out for each area to make sure everyone is taken care of.