PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the real reason behind GOPUSA hatred?

jcbraithwaite7
11-15-2007, 08:26 AM
In another thread there was discussion about Eric Dondero and if there are any "former" Ron Paul supporters. I read the article about Dondero and saw a paragraph about who would take Ron Paul's seat after he takes Dondero's suggestion of stepping down:

Many are aware that libertarian conservative Friendswood Councilman Peden has suggested he would run. Bobby Eberle of GOPUSA, and former Texas YR Chairman also has been mentioned. Even former Congressman Steve Stockman now lives in this CD.
I would back any of the three, particularly Bobby.

Link to article: http://www.latestpolitics.com/blog/2007/05/former-ron-paul-campaign-manager.html

So the head of GOPUSA is in Dr. Paul's congressional district and has aspirations for his seat. That explains a bit to me.

noxagol
11-15-2007, 08:56 AM
They could also hate him because while he will bring the party back from the brink, he could also destroy it when is term is up through an endorsement of a candidate from another party. I could see Dr. Paul doing this because he bases his support based on principle and not party lines. So if he thinks that none of the candidates from the republican party are not truly principle protectors and followers of the Constitution, he could possibly endorse a candidate from third party, and an endorsement from Ron Paul would be HUGE because of the amount of trust that he garners from his supporters.