PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Wins 20 Out Of 24 Congressional District Delegates From The State Of Minnesota

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 06:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G9sPh.jpg?1

And there are 16 more, three at large delegates and 13 to be awarded at State Convention, so Ron Paul has half of the delegates for the state of Minnesota, already!

Congratulations, Minnesota grass roots!! And congratulations, Dr. Paul!!

ItsTime
04-21-2012, 07:19 PM
woot!

slamhead
04-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Eat that GOP...NBRP

ItsTime
04-21-2012, 07:24 PM
To me this just proves the massive voter fraud that happened in the state.

Titus
04-21-2012, 07:32 PM
To me this just proves the massive voter fraud that happened in the state.

Caucuses have nothing to do with how passionate people are. People caught up in the media narrative but don't give a damn about Romney will not show to caucus. People who support Ron Paul tend to be more passionate.

ichirix
04-21-2012, 07:47 PM
I know that many of us have been giving all the superdelegates to Romney, but do you think that its possible Pat Anderson might get behind us?

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/09/02/ronpaul/
Found this from 2008

Delegate and former State Auditor Pat Anderson, who caucused for Paul before switching to John McCain, appeared on both slates. She said the Minneosta Republican Party was wrong to marginalize the Paul supporters.

Another Superdelegate (Jeff Johnson) is already behind Gingrich while the final one (based on who he's following on Twitter) is a Gingrich/Romney supporter.

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 07:50 PM
I know that many of us have been giving all the superdelegates to Romney, but do you think that its possible Pat Anderson might get behind us?

Found this from 2008

Another Superdelegate (Jeff Johnson) is already behind Gingrich while the final one (based on who he's following on Twitter) is a Gingrich/Romney supporter.

Sounds good to me!

Titus
04-21-2012, 07:57 PM
That would be great. All we have to do to secure a plurality is to either get one delegate at the convention or have Pat Anderson come on board. If either happens, RP has a majority. In order for Mitt Romney to tie, he would have to sweep the state convention, sweep all the superdelegates and steal all the Santorum and Gingrich delegates. We are so close to getting our first state.

risk_reward
04-21-2012, 08:18 PM

Found this from 2008

Pat and Jeff are both good people. I think Pat will vote for Paul. I think Jeff is sticking with Gingrich partly to take some of the heat off the Paul supporters. Paul supporters got a lot of pressure in '08 to back McCain. Jeff is an influential traditional convervative in the party and friendly to the liberty movement. We may convince him yet.

RPit
04-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Well if we have Pat Anderson then we already have a plurality ;) Yipeeeee yaay! :)

Travlyr
04-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Caucuses have nothing to do with how passionate people are. People caught up in the media narrative but don't give a damn about Romney will not show to caucus. People who support Ron Paul tend to be more passionate.

Oh no. The media just flat out lied about our caucus in Colorado. Ron Paul won our caucus but the media reported Ron Paul 11%. At the county assembly we won again but there was no mention in the media. At the state assembly we won again. Finally, finally, the media had to report Ron Paul the winner but it was not national news. Colorado won for Ron Paul. Do not trust the media. They are lying their asses off to keep donations and momentum down. The R3VOLUTION is real and it is not being televised.

seawolf
04-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Can anyone say $10.00 Mini- Money Bomb tomorrow to salute Minnesota!!!! All the more reason to join the $10.00 Money Bomb to salute Ron and this great victory!!

Ray
04-21-2012, 08:31 PM
And most of the alternates are ours as well, don't forget those ;)

kathy88
04-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Eat that GOP...NBRP

FTW

rich34
04-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Hell yeah! Glad to sed something this positive come out of today considering it seemed a little dismal to start the day.

stuka
04-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Assuming the Paul delegates all show up to state, we should have a majority there and ensure that all 13 delegates from there are Paul supporters as well (based on the numbers out of the district conventions)

cilution
04-21-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm sure they're scrambling to do everything possible to prevent us from getting anywhere at State. Hopefully we can overcome whatever shenanigans they come up with.

I'm #40ish of 50 alternates from my SD. Not planning on attending State since it's very unlikely I'd be seated.

stuka
04-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Well, I'd assume that with Paul almost sweeping the conventions so far, we should have a majority at state. If that's the case, there's NOTHING they can do to stop us :D

Titus
04-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Yes but if Ron Paul or some other candidate doesn't get 5 states, then its all over too. If that happens I guess we could throw our unbound delegates behind some other candidate for the first round of voting if Romney <1,144 but no five states for Paul. Then we all go Paul.

SovereignMN
04-21-2012, 10:04 PM
There were some interesting shennanigans at my CD Convention (CD4)

1. Someone was handing out a "Ron Paul" slate that was fake. Presumably to try and fool Ron Paul supporters. It didn't work.
2. Some candidates for delegate announced in their speech that they were supporting Ron Paul. They weren't...they were anti-Paul people. It didn't work.
3. When it was apparent that the Paul slate was going to win every election, those in opposition attempted to stall the convention so there wasn't time for the elections. The convention hall was only booked until 3:30 because of a wedding reception. First, ballots were repeatedly misprinted and thus spoiled upon distribution. The "national alternate delegate" ballot was misprinted (missing a candidate) 2 times and needed to be reprinted. The final election for vice-chairs of the convention board was also misprinted (half were correct, half were missing a candidate). This was discovered at 3:25 and we made a motion to allow people to write in the missing person's name if necessary. In all...we got every Paul supporter elected from our slates. Also, the anti-Paul faction attempted to filibuster and were repeatedly approaching the mike to ask questions in order to slow down the procession of business.

The state convention should be very interesting indeed.

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Well, I'd assume that with Paul almost sweeping the conventions so far, we should have a majority at state. If that's the case, there's NOTHING they can do to stop us :D

Someone was saying that they expected most CD delegates were also state delegates.

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 10:10 PM

1. Someone was handing out a "Ron Paul" slate that was fake. Presumably to try and fool Ron Paul supporters. It didn't work.
2. Some candidates for delegate announced in their speech that they were supporting Ron Paul. They weren't...they were anti-Paul people. It didn't work.
3. When it was apparent that the Paul slate was going to win every election, those in opposition attempted to stall the convention so there wasn't time for the elections. The convention hall was only booked until 3:30 because of a wedding reception. First, ballots were repeatedly misprinted and thus spoiled upon distribution. The "national alternate delegate" ballot was misprinted (missing a candidate) 2 times and needed to be reprinted. The final election for vice-chairs of the convention board was also misprinted (half were correct, half were missing a candidate). This was discovered at 3:25 and we made a motion to allow people to write in the missing person's name if necessary. In all...we got every Paul supporter elected from our slates. Also, the anti-Paul faction attempted to filibuster and were repeatedly approaching the mike to ask questions in order to slow down the procession of business.

convention hall was only booked until 3:30 and then had to be vacated for a wedding reception. The anti-Paul contingent started to raise

props for winning anyhow!

Paul Or Nothing II
04-21-2012, 10:23 PM
That would be great. All we have to do to secure a plurality is to either get one delegate at the convention or have Pat Anderson come on board. If either happens, RP has a majority. In order for Mitt Romney to tie, he would have to sweep the state convention, sweep all the superdelegates and steal all the Santorum and Gingrich delegates. We are so close to getting our first state.

Isn't 20 out of 36 already a majority? :confused:

Pat and Jeff are both good people. I think Pat will vote for Paul. I think Jeff is sticking with Gingrich partly to take some of the heat off the Paul supporters. Paul supporters got a lot of pressure in '08 to back McCain. Jeff is an influential traditional convervative in the party and friendly to the liberty movement. We may convince him yet.

+1 for the info, it is important to note those who may or mayn't be with Paul but at least believe in the fairness of the process :)

Can anyone say $10.00 Mini- Money Bomb tomorrow to salute Minnesota!!!! All the more reason to join the $10.00 Money Bomb to salute Ron and this great victory!!

+1 :D

And most of the alternates are ours as well, don't forget those ;)

Hell ya! :D

Assuming the Paul delegates all show up to state, we should have a majority there and ensure that all 13 delegates from there are Paul supporters as well (based on the numbers out of the district conventions)

WE NEED EACH & EVERY DELEAGATE WE CAN GET! :)

convention hall was only booked until 3:30 and then had to be vacated for a wedding reception. The anti-Paul contingent started to raise

+1

I hope others who are also delegates are taking note of such underhanded trickery :(

Well done on trumping all that :)

helmuth_hubener
04-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Assuming the Paul delegates all show up to state, we should have a majority there and ensure that all 13 delegates from there are Paul supporters as well (based on the numbers out of the district conventions) If we have a majority at the State Convention, could you guys just suspend the rules and oust the 3 super-delegates while you're at it? I'm sure The Collins could help, he seems to be assigned to do parliamentary things in Minnesota.

Titus
04-21-2012, 10:28 PM
@PaulorNothing... MN has 40 delegates I believe.

RPit
04-21-2012, 10:32 PM
If we have a majority at the State Convention, could you guys just suspend the rules and oust the 3 super-delegates while you're at it? I'm sure The Collins could help, he seems to be assigned to do parliamentary things in Minnesota.

One of them Pat Anderson might be our supporter. She caucused for Ron Paul last election, but then voted for McCain but this means her first choice was Paul. With her (assuming she still supports Paul) we already have a plurality! Everyone try to get 'official' confirmation from her support for Paul- then the campaign can do a press release about winning Minnesota !! :)

J_White
04-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Feels good !!

SovereignMN
04-21-2012, 10:38 PM
I think Pat Anderson is going to play this one close to her chest.

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 10:39 PM
One of them Pat Anderson might be our supporter. She caucused for Ron Paul last election, but then voted for McCain but this means her first choice was Paul. With her (assuming she still supports Paul) we already have a plurality! Everyone try to get 'official' confirmation from her support for Paul- then the campaign can do a press release about winning Minnesota !! :)

I think the word you want is 'majority' not 'plurality' although it is both...

helmuth_hubener
04-21-2012, 10:42 PM
One of them Pat Anderson might be our supporter. "Might be" is really not good enough for me. If you have the power to install Ron Paul supporters as Chairman, Committeeman, and Committeewoman, then you absolutely should install them. You may not have that power; I do not know. But if you do, you should use it! Read those bylaws and Robert's Rules!

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Well, she caucused for Ron in 2007. Id want to find out. She is also auditor.

zHorns
04-21-2012, 11:30 PM
I've added a breaking news bar to the top of the Moneybomb site, should help promote that Paul is still in the game.

http://riseforliberty.com/

stuka
04-22-2012, 12:18 AM
If we have a majority at the State Convention, could you guys just suspend the rules and oust the 3 super-delegates while you're at it? I'm sure The Collins could help, he seems to be assigned to do parliamentary things in Minnesota.
I believe the 3 super-delegates are already guaranteed their spots at the national convention. Since they're not actually elected by the delegates' votes at the convention, I don't think that is possible.

Not 100% sure though.

juvanya
04-22-2012, 12:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-hB1TzoG7M

Sweet. Anyone know what the other 4 were?

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 12:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-hB1TzoG7M

Sweet. Anyone know what the other 4 were?

yeah, it is in one of the posts on the MN thread I think on p 13 but then there was one update to fill in a blank

Ninja Homer
04-22-2012, 12:59 AM
//

Isaac Bickerstaff
04-22-2012, 01:05 AM
The state central committee is meeting in a special meeting immediately following the state convention next month for the purpose of national committee woman election. This is the one body of the state party machine where we are still fairly weak. We did elect Pat once, we can do it again, but only if every one of us on state central shows up.

Ninja Homer
04-22-2012, 01:20 AM
The state central committee is meeting in a special meeting immediately following the state convention next month for the purpose of national committee woman election. This is the one body of the state party machine where we are still fairly weak. We did elect Pat once, we can do it again, but only if every one of us on state central shows up.

I gotta admit, I know nothing about this. What does it take to do this, and what qualifications do you need to help re-elect her?

Liberty74
04-22-2012, 05:31 AM
Drudge!!!

orenbus
04-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Donate to Ron Paul on April 22th @ 2:30pm for the In-It-To-Win-It mini - moneybomb! LET'S DO IT! GOAL $100K Watch Live http://fbnlivestream.com

Retweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/ronpaulcountry/status/194029621220614144

http://www.intowin2012.com/images/minibomb/ii2wi_ViralBanner.jpg

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 08:28 AM
I gotta admit, I know nothing about this. What does it take to do this, and what qualifications do you need to help re-elect her?

this is vital, that is the majority right there.

Separately, does anyone remember the twitter acct for the des moines register reporter who covered Ron? Mary something? I am following her but it was long enough ago I can't pull her up (maybe Mary isn't the first part of her username). I'd like to send her info on the 20 out of 24 delegates Ron won. I'd really like some media to give Ron a bump before Tuesday's primary and we need an initial article. I have the tweet from the national committeewoman https://twitter.com/#!/patandersonmn/status/193855672230739968

Ray
04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Does anyone know what kind of voting strength we are going to have next month?

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 09:34 AM
people are thinking it will be pretty good. They aren't covering Ron's delegate win, but they are saying that by strength of his delegates at state Bills may win the GOP endorsement for Senate, and that appeared sourced BEFORE last night. My understanding is most CD delegates will also be state delegates. Is that how it went in your CD?

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Separately, does anyone remember the twitter acct for the des moines register reporter who covered Ron? Mary something? I am following her but it was long enough ago I can't pull her up (maybe Mary isn't the first part of her username). I'd like to send her info on the 20 out of 24 delegates Ron won. I'd really like some media to give Ron a bump before Tuesday's primary and we need an initial article. I have the tweet from the national committeewoman https://twitter.com/#!/patandersonmn/status/193855672230739968

Is that her?

http://twitter.com/#!/marystegmeir

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Is that her?

http://twitter.com/#!/marystegmeir

YES!! Thank you!!!!!

sent this, feel free to retweet if you are so moved:

https://twitter.com/?iid=am-150023031913350451017891748&nid=22+dm_reply&screen_name=GamerOps&uid=251722186&utm_content=action#!/usernamenuse/status/194088957565345792

chudrockz
04-22-2012, 09:52 AM
people are thinking it will be pretty good. They aren't covering Ron's delegate win, but they are saying that by strength of his delegates at state Bills may win the GOP endorsement for Senate, and that appeared sourced BEFORE last night. My understanding is most CD delegates will also be state delegates. Is that how it went in your CD?

I was a delegate to the county convention (CD1) and yes, that is how it worked at ours - most of the delegates for Ron Paul were selected for both district and state conventions.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I've basically been forwarding that tweet using the link (instead of retweeting) I've sent it to a reporter in Philly who was writing about the election still being important and to indecision 2012 (comedy central) and will continue wherever the article doesn't seem biased against Ron.

zHorns
04-22-2012, 10:05 AM
I've basically been forwarding that tweet using the link (instead of retweeting) I've sent it to a reporter in Philly who was writing about the election still being important and to indecision 2012 (comedy central) and will continue wherever the article doesn't seem biased against Ron.

Yeah, I was looking for articles this morning, but only saw media spin saying Mitt won the most delegates in Minn and Ron won like less than two percent or some shit.

chudrockz
04-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I was looking for articles this morning, but only saw media spin saying Mitt won the most delegates in Minn and Ron won like less than two percent or some shit.

Except that that is not spin. It's more like bullshit.

Thor
04-22-2012, 10:41 AM
We are so close to getting our first state.

Don't forget about Colorado.

KenInMontiMN
04-22-2012, 10:49 AM
My understanding is most CD delegates will also be state delegates. Is that how it went in your CD?

The State delegations have been set since before the Congressional District level conventions, at the BPOU level conventions, which in some cases are County conventions, other cases are State Senate district or State House district conventions. Those BPOU conventions elected dels to both CDs and State; sometimes in just one vote so the delegations are identical; in other BPOUs two separate votes were conducted and the state delegation is different than the cd delegation to some degree. The BPOU next door to mine elected 10/17 Paul to CD but only 5/17 Paul to state for example, though more recent developments there may have a good number of the non-Paul dels not showing up. In that BPOU the state vote came first, and the much stronger CD results may indicate that our people did a better job of hanging around to the end. But that is one turbulent BPOU and there may be more to it than who left and who didn't.

While I have a very good idea of our strength at State on paper, everything comes down to who shows up and who doesn't show up; the far northern reaches of the state are not our strongholds so that may help bolster our percentages to some degree; Santorum suspending his campaign can't hurt either unless it puts the idea in some of our people's heads that they therefore don't need to show up either, we need max turnout to be in majority, it's not automatic. Majority of course ensures against unfriendly rules passage as well as our ability to shut down any attempt to bind the 13 state-selected delegates. Bills of course needs 60% for endorsement and we must assume that not every Paul supporter is a Bills supporter, the other two candidates have their supporters in some smaller number within our group despite Dr. Paul's endorsement. Conversely Bills has his supporters outside our group, so that may cancel out but I'm not expecting a single-ballot endorsement.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 11:03 AM
The State delegations have been set since before the Congressional District level conventions, at the BPOU level conventions, which in some cases are County conventions, other cases are State Senate district or State House district conventions. Those BPOU conventions elected dels to both CDs and State; sometimes in just one vote so the delegations are identical; in other BPOUs two separate votes were conducted and the state delegation is different than the cd delegation to some degree. The BPOU next door to mine elected 10/17 Paul to CD but only 5/17 Paul to state for example, though more recent developments there may have a good number of the non-Paul dels not showing up. In that BPOU the state vote came first, and the much stronger CD results may indicate that our people did a better job of hanging around to the end. But that is one turbulent BPOU and there may be more to it than who left and who didn't.

While I have a very good idea of our strength at State on paper, everything comes down to who shows up and who doesn't show up; the far northern reaches of the state are not our strongholds so that may help bolster our percentages to some degree; Santorum suspending his campaign can't hurt either unless it puts the idea in some of our people's heads that they therefore don't need to show up either, we need max turnout to be in majority, it's not automatic. Majority of course ensures against unfriendly rules passage as well as our ability to shut down any attempt to bind the 13 state-selected delegates. Bills of course needs 60% for endorsement and we must assume that not every Paul supporter is a Bills supporter, the other two candidates have their supporters in some smaller number within our group despite Dr. Paul's endorsement. Conversely Bills has his supporters outside our group, so that may cancel out but I'm not expecting a single-ballot endorsement.

Santorum dropping out hurts if his people show up and vote for R. We need our people to show up.

sailingaway
04-22-2012, 12:42 PM
People from MN need to let us know if they need phone help for GOTV before the CD1 continuation or the state convention

Agorism
04-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Someone please post that helicopter picture again.

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-22-2012, 01:30 PM
https://p.twimg.com/ArBMKwQCEAAbQ1h.jpg

juvanya
04-23-2012, 03:52 AM

wut da fuq

J_White
04-23-2012, 06:14 AM
:mad: :eek: that blatant ?

juvanya
04-23-2012, 06:44 AM
http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/148435285.html — NOTHING
http://mankatofreepress.com/local/x733698588/Republicans-to-try-again-in-May-to-endorse-Parry-or-Quist — NOTHING
http://www.postbulletin.com/news/stories/display.php?id=1493970 — NOTHING, but mentioned Pauls endorsement

Are they serious?