PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Oklahoma District 4 Ron Paul Revolution Delegate Sweep!

flybeech
04-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Today, Ron Paul swept the entire Oklahoma District 4 convention! The Ron Paul R3volution continues in the Sooner State.

There was nothing the establishment could do to stop the surgical precision of the Ron Paul movement, as we swept the entire District 4 convention. Shock and awe was the order of the day and Ron Paul now dominates Oklahoma. The spirit of Ron Paul from Oklahoma District 3, 4 and 5 is going to Tampa. Next, we will fight to fill the slate in the upcoming election of the at-large Oklahoma delegates.

Ron Paul needs delegates, so the Sooner State delivers.

PaulSoHard
04-21-2012, 04:01 PM
The Revolution is alive and well in Oklahoma!

Titus
04-21-2012, 04:02 PM
This is good news. +rep

wgadget
04-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Need tweetable link!

RPit
04-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Nice... but Oklahoma delegates are bound, any possibility to unbound them like at State Convention or something by changing rules?

Agorism
04-21-2012, 04:07 PM
What's the actual delegate counts in 3,4,5?

flybeech
04-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Nice... but Oklahoma delegates are bound, any possibility to unbound them like at State Convention or something by changing rules?

Saontorum won the beauty contest, so we'll just worry about the at-large delegates in May and go from there. Yeeee Hawww!

PauliticsPolitics
04-21-2012, 04:09 PM
flybeech:
So are all the OK district conventions done?
Can you give us a summary of how many we got out of each district?
Is there any chance that we will have a majority at the state convention so y'all can change the rules and unbind the delegates?

flybeech
04-21-2012, 04:09 PM
What's the actual delegate counts in 3,4,5?

Each district sends 3 delegates, 3 alternates and 1 elector to Tampa.

Agorism
04-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Each district sends 3 delegates, 3 alternates and 3 electors to Tampa.

Were they sweeps?

Also they are bound to Santorum anyways?

tsai3904
04-21-2012, 04:11 PM

27 of 43 are bound to Santorum or Gingrich. More likely than not, they will not appear on the RNC ballot so those delegates will be free to vote for whoever they want.

kathy88
04-21-2012, 04:13 PM
So plurality first round?

PauliticsPolitics
04-21-2012, 04:14 PM
27 of 43 are bound to Santorum or Gingrich. More likely than not, they will not appear on the RNC ballot so those delegates will be free to vote for whoever they want.
Yes, but it is still potentially to our advantage to unbind the delegates at the state convention - some of the delegates which are bound to Romney are likely our people.

RPit
04-21-2012, 04:15 PM
But Santorum didn't end campaign, he simply suspended it, so technically they are still candidates. Unless they change rules at State I don't think they can vote for RP the first round, thats what I understand from the rules personally.

PauliticsPolitics
04-21-2012, 04:15 PM
So plurality first round?
It seems that we have 9 out of the 15 delegates elected so far. (RP friendlies, hopefully we can unbind them or Santorum/Newt decide not to go on the ballot at National.)

Lafayette
04-21-2012, 04:16 PM
All your delegates are belong to us.

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 04:16 PM
woot!!

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 04:17 PM
But Santorum didn't end campaign, he simply suspended it, so technically they are still candidates. Unless they change rules at State I don't think they can vote for RP the first round, thats what I understand from the rules personally.

you are always such a little ray of sunshine.

If they want to throw their delegates to Romney, or try, they have to unbind them. They can't just unbind those going to vote for Romney.

flybeech
04-21-2012, 04:17 PM
flybeech:
So are all the OK district conventions done?
Can you give us a summary of how many we got out of each district?
Is there any chance that we will have a majority at the state convention so y'all can change the rules and unbind the delegates?

We're figuring that out now. If we can repeat what we did in 3, 4 and 5 at the state convention, we'll get the at-large delegates, as well.

District 3 elected 3 delegates and 3 alternates, plus one elector and the alternate elector from the Ron Paul slate.
District 4 elected 3 delegates and 3 alternates, plus both the electors and alternate electors from the Ron Paul slate.
District 5 elected 3 delegates and 3 alternates, plus one elector. Rick Santorum picked up one alternate elector.

All that's left is the State convention in May, where we will try for one more sweep.

flybeech
04-21-2012, 04:18 PM
All your delegates are belong to us.

YES! All the delegates ARE belong to us!

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 04:18 PM
We're figuring that out now. If we can repeat what we did in 3, 4 and 5 at the state convention, we'll get the at-large delegates, as well.

District 3 elected 3 delegates and 3 alternates, plus one elector and the alternate elector from the Ron Paul slate.
District 4 elected 3 delegates and 3 alternates, plus both the electors and alternate electors from the Ron Paul slate.
District 5 elected 3 delegates and 3 alternates, plus one elector. Rick Santorum picked up one alternate elector.

All that's left is the State convention in May, where we will try for one more sweep.

thank you!

PauliticsPolitics
04-21-2012, 04:20 PM
flybeech:
Do you know who won #1 and #2?
Are they Romney-friendlies, or Santorum-friendlies?

tsai3904
04-21-2012, 04:22 PM

If Santorum is not on the ballot at the RNC, how will they vote for him?

If Santorum does not appear on the ballot, those delegates pledged to Santorum are unbound. Santorum will make sure he does not appear on the ballot if he wants to save any face within the Republican Party.

flybeech
04-21-2012, 04:29 PM
flybeech:
Do you know who won #1 and #2?
Are they Romney-friendlies, or Santorum-friendlies?

There are not too many Romney-friendlies here. We're the reddest state in the Nation and Romney is some shade of purple, depending on what day it is. Folks in these parts don't take too kindly to purples. I can't say for sure what they are likely to do, since the establishment here is the same as everywhere and will take whoever Fox News tells them to take. We'll be working on it though, you can count on that.

flybeech
04-21-2012, 04:35 PM
My friend Jason won an alternate slot for Tampa. He's far from rich, so we'll need to raise some money to help him get there. There's talk of a Ronvoy to Florida and that will help, but don't worry...the money will be raised, somehow.

Maximus
04-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Oklahoma is really kicking some @$$! Great work!

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 04:39 PM
My friend Jason won an alternate slot for Tampa. He's far from rich, so we'll need to raise some money to help him get there. There's talk of a Ronvoy to Florida and that will help, but don't worry...the money will be raised, somehow.

we should get up a list of chip ins for delegates like we did for CPAC in years past.

Bern
04-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Aw hell... Props to my north of the border brethren.

Okie RP fan
04-21-2012, 04:44 PM
The Revolution is alive and well in Oklahoma!

Yea, even though he got dead last with less than 30,000 votes...

Excellent news, flybeech! Hopefully we can meet at the state convention.

RPit
04-21-2012, 04:46 PM
If Santorum is not on the ballot at the RNC, how will they vote for him?

If Santorum does not appear on the ballot, those delegates pledged to Santorum are unbound. Santorum will make sure he does not appear on the ballot if he wants to save any face within the Republican Party.

You don't know, maybe they'll do that to take away a 'plurality state' from us if things get tight. So in any case if you end up with majority at State try to change the rules to unbind them to be safe.

jbauer
04-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Is anyone worried about potential "blowback" from us disproportionaltly taking delgates way above and behond our beauty contest results. I know the beauty contests don't matter, but if we even near becoming a real GOP threat don't you think they'll just pull the rug out from under us and change the rules at a natoinal level?

Yea, even though he got dead last with less than 30,000 votes...

Excellent news, flybeech! Hopefully we can meet at the state convention.

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Is anyone worried about potential "blowback" from us disproportionaltly taking delgates way above and behond our beauty contest results. I know the beauty contests don't matter, but if we even near becoming a real GOP threat don't you think they'll just pull the rug out from under us and change the rules at a natoinal level?

The only people I hear that from are those who seem to think we should just move on to other contests. Most of them weren't active here earlier in the campaign.

The states mostly voted by majority AGAINST Romney yet the GOP is trying to turn that into delegates FOR Romney across the board. You can't get much more unrepresentative than that.

As to what they'll TRY to do, who knows? They are trying all sorts of dirty tricks.

devil21
04-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Loving all these reports across the country of Paul ownage at the conventions. It's really uplifting!

defe07
04-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm really interested in what happened in the conventions in OK-1 and OK-2? Any numbers from there?

rb3b3
04-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Sweep!

flybeech
04-21-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm really interested in what happened in the conventions in OK-1 and OK-2? Any numbers from there?

I understand a couple of District 1 delegates stayed at the house and we lost everything by a razor thin margin. Same thing with District 2. Just a handful of late sleepers cost us the whole enchilada. I believe we did get one alternate in District 1.

richgrise
04-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Ron Paul 2012 or Bust! Literally!

seawolf
04-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Congratualtions RP Oklahoma....FANTASTIC JOB!!!

So with this news and that of Minnesota today, is Minnesota considered our first plurality State, if so we have four more to go to get Ron nominated in Tampa.

kathy88
04-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Congratualtions RP Oklahoma....FANTASTIC JOB!!!

So with this news and that of Minnesota today, is Minnesota considered our first plurality State, if so we have four more to go to get Ron nominated in Tampa.

I think he's got a real shot in PA. We elect our delegates right to National and we've been busting our asses getting our delegate names out there as the most conservative options.

Paul Or Nothing II
04-21-2012, 10:53 PM

+1

+1

Who cares! The alternative to "possible" blowback is giving up our liberties so I don't care about the blowback

Moreover, as the field has thinned out more, if Paul wins or does really in the remaining States & wins a few, especially TX, CAL then Ron will seem to have more momentum at the end of the process & CAL could be big as beating Obama will require attracting Democrats, which Ron DOES, & most Republicans hate Romney anyway so Ron being the more conservative option people mightn't mind it so much anyway

juvanya
04-22-2012, 01:42 AM
We won 3 and 5 also?

bultza
04-22-2012, 02:40 AM
CD1 ??
CD2 ??
CD3 RP 3/3
CD4 RP 3/3
CD5 RP 3/3

digitaldean
04-22-2012, 03:44 AM
I copied the below from flybeech at this link:

http://www.dailypaul.com/228103/breaking-oklahoma-district-4-ron-paul-revolution-delegate-sweep

District 1: 3 delegates and 2 alternates - Santorum and other. Ron Paul - 1 alternate. Note, we lost the almost the whole thing by 2 votes.

District 2: Unknown, but I believe we lost the whole thing by a handful of votes to Santorum supporters.

District 3: Total Ron Paul domination! All 3 delegates, all 3 alternates and both Electors are Ron Paul supporters.

District 4: (toady) Total Ron Paul domination! All 3 delegates, all 3 alternates and both Electors are Ron Paul supporters.

District 5: Near total Ron Paul domination! All 3 delegates, all 3 alternates and one Elector are Ron Paul supporters. One elector is a weak Santorum supporter.

Next month is the state convention, where we will hopefully wim the rest of our delegates for Ron Paul. We're looking at a little rules change to ice the cake.

Santorum was the winner in the Oklahoma primary race, so delegates pledged to him are essentially free. There was some discussion by the establishment about us throwing our support behind Romney, but we decided that doesn't really work for us. We've go a little housekeeping to do at the State convention in May.

Agorism
04-22-2012, 03:49 PM
how are the at large delegates chosen?

WesSeid
04-22-2012, 04:19 PM

That wouldn't be much different from what they already do.

It's their rules. We just play by them.

Bastiat's The Law
04-22-2012, 04:28 PM
we should get up a list of chip ins for delegates like we did for CPAC in years past.
Great idea!

juvanya
04-23-2012, 07:26 AM
Saontorum won the beauty contest, so we'll just worry about the at-large delegates in May and go from there. Yeeee Hawww!
Isnt this a primary where the delegates are actually bound?

Okie RP fan
04-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Isnt this a primary where the delegates are actually bound?

I think Santorum had the majority of Oklahoma delegates, but Romney and Gingrich came out with a couple as well. I believe Santorum can unbind them if he wishes and they will be free to choose who they want to support. I also believe that they are free after the first round of voting.

Don't hold me to any of that, though.

juvanya
04-24-2012, 03:36 AM
I think Santorum had the majority of Oklahoma delegates, but Romney and Gingrich came out with a couple as well. I believe Santorum can unbind them if he wishes and they will be free to choose who they want to support. I also believe that they are free after the first round of voting.

Don't hold me to any of that, though.
Yea after reading more it seems to be the delegate apportionment vote is different from the actual elections. We are hacking the elections essentially. :)

Okie RP fan
04-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Ok, here is how Oklahoma played out:

"As is usual, Super Tuesday (March 6th) resulted in a victory for "establishment" candidates in Oklahoma:

Rick Santorum, 33.8% - 14 Delegates
Mitt Romney, 28.05% - 13 Delegates
Newt Gingrich, 27.48% - 13 Delegates
Ron Paul, 9.63% - 0 Delegates

Oklahoma has five Congressional Districts, with 3 National Delegates and 3 Alternate Delegates chosen in each one. An Elector and Alternate Elector are also chosen. Additionally, there are 25 "at-large" Delegates chosen (and 25 Alternates) at the State Convention on May 12th. Delegates are "bound", meaning they must vote based on the results of the statewide election, until a candidate withdraws, endorses another, or releases "their" delegates. The top three candidates each earned one Delegate from each of the 5 Districts on Super Tuesday. It should be noted that only in casting a Ballot for a Presidential Nominee are the Delegates bound - they may vote their conscience on all other votes, including nominating candidates..."

Please go to this link for more information and click on "Liberty on the Rise in Oklahoma:" http://capitalistsooner.blogspot.com/

flybeech
04-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Yea after reading more it seems to be the delegate apportionment vote is different from the actual elections. We are hacking the elections essentially. :)

Yeah, Newt is out of money and going nowhere along with the Santorum's possible endorsement, all their delegates are belong to us. We need Tulsa and District 2 to send some kick-ass stealth delegates to Norman, since they cost us 6 CD delegates, by just a few votes.

juvanya
04-28-2012, 02:48 PM
When people say "electors" were elected, does that mean electors to the electoral college? Because that means Ron Paul will get 2-3 EVs no matter what.

sailingaway
04-28-2012, 02:54 PM
When people say "electors" were elected, does that mean electors to the electoral college? Because that means Ron Paul will get 2-3 EVs no matter what.

we aren't hacking, we are using the back doors the party put in so they could control the outcome. We are using those back doors against them.

juvanya
04-28-2012, 03:04 PM
we aren't hacking, we are using the back doors the party put in so they could control the outcome. We are using those back doors against them.
I know. Im asking for the definition of the "electors" elected at the Oklahoma district conventions.

sailingaway
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking they are the same as delegates, because that is what a forum member was saying earlier, that they go right to the RNC. But maybe Okie will stop in here and answer you.

juvanya
04-28-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm thinking they are the same as delegates, because that is what a forum member was saying earlier, that they go right to the RNC. But maybe Okie will stop in here and answer you.
Based on what I was reading here (http://www.dailypaul.com/228103/breaking-oklahoma-district-4-ron-paul-revolution-delegate-sweep#comment-2396119), we won the 3 delegates each in 3rd, 4th, and 5th. In addition, 2 electors were elected in each. What do they do? I think they are the ones that are supposed to vote for the Republican nominee in November if he wins Oklahoma, but technically are unbound, so RP would get 2 or 3 ELECTORAL VOTES out of the 538!

Agorism
04-28-2012, 03:44 PM
My impression of electors is kind of like parliamentarians of delegates at the convention. Like electors will "count" the votes and tell the RNC the final count of the states at the RNC convention. Say the delegates vote 22-11 for Romney. The electors would then give the tally to the RNC, but they could theoretically go rouge and just give all the delegate to whoever they wanted, but that would cause an outcry.

idk if that's what they really are but that was my impression of what their function is.

sailingaway
04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
My impression of electors is kind of like parliamentarians of delegates at the convention. Like electors will "count" the votes and tell the RNC the final count of the states at the RNC convention. Say the delegates vote 22-11 for Romney. The electors would then give the tally to the RNC, but they could theoretically go rouge and just give all the delegate to whoever they wanted, but that would cause an outcry.

idk if that's what they really are but that was my impression of what their function is.

outcries are severely overrated as we found out with our own outcries. Better to have the electors if you are correct.

juvanya
04-28-2012, 03:52 PM

Why would they call it elector then, rather than chair?

Okie RP fan
04-28-2012, 04:09 PM
I know. Im asking for the definition of the "electors" elected at the Oklahoma district conventions.

Well, let's see here. I am not entirely sure, but when someone said "electors," I believe it was meaning national delegates, including alternatives. I could be completely wrong, though. I wonder if "electors" means super delegates? Only one super delegate seat is up for grabs in Oklahoma, because James Dunn, the Paul supporter, is stepping down.

juvanya
04-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Well, let's see here. I am not entirely sure, but when someone said "electors," I believe it was meaning national delegates, including alternatives. I could be completely wrong, though. I wonder if "electors" means super delegates? Only one super delegate seat is up for grabs in Oklahoma, because James Dunn, the Paul supporter, is stepping down.

I have the answer! altho not one based on any law citation. I could try to dig that up if necessary.

In any case, per here (http://www.mapsofworld.com/2008-usa-presidential-election/united-states-electoral-college/how-states-select-electors.html) and here (http://www.dailypaul.com/228277/liberty-on-the-rise-in-oklahoma), those were actual electors and alternate electors for November that were chosen. So, Ron Paul is guaranteed at least two electoral votes. Yes, you read that correctly. Ron Paul WILL have AT LEAST TWO electors. So pretend this were 2008, it would be Obama 365, McCain 171, Paul 2.

This is unreal.

VAMole
04-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Oklahoma law requires an elector to take an oath to vote for their party's nominee. So unless these electors are going to violate the oath, which would be a misdemeanor, don't expect any surprises when the votes are counted.

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/laws.html

Bastiat's The Law
04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
I have the answer! altho not one based on any law citation. I could try to dig that up if necessary.

In any case, per here (http://www.mapsofworld.com/2008-usa-presidential-election/united-states-electoral-college/how-states-select-electors.html) and here (http://www.dailypaul.com/228277/liberty-on-the-rise-in-oklahoma), those were actual electors and alternate electors for November that were chosen. So, Ron Paul is guaranteed at least two electoral votes. Yes, you read that correctly. Ron Paul WILL have AT LEAST TWO electors. So pretend this were 2008, it would be Obama 365, McCain 171, Paul 2.

This is unreal.
If that's true they could carry the weight of a small state! :eek: And if its a close election they would be vitally important, we could have Romney by the balls!

juvanya
04-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Oklahoma law requires an elector to take an oath to vote for their party's nominee. So unless these electors are going to violate the oath, which would be a misdemeanor, don't expect any surprises when the votes are counted.

That assumes they can be IDed and would probably be thrown out in court as a crock of BS.

I wonder if we couldve got more electors elected, including Democrat electors... :O That would be insane

kathy88
04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
OKLAHOMA 2012

Numbers

43 Total Delegates

3 RNC, 15 CD and 25 AL

Selection Method

Primary/ Convention

Delegates bound until released

o 40 Bound

o 3 Unbound

Important Dates

Primary: 3/06/12

Precinct Meeting: 2/06/12

County Conventions: Before 3/17/12

CD Conventions: Before 4/21/12

State Convention: 5/11/2012 - 5/12/12

Selection Details

AL – Delegate allocation: Proportional allocation with 15% threshold; if candidate receives 50% plus, winner take all per statewide vote

Delegate election: At State Convention

CD – Delegate allocation: Proportional allocation with 15% threshold; if candidate receives 50% plus, winner take all per district vote

Delegate election: At CD Conventions

sailingaway
04-28-2012, 06:45 PM

The RNC is what DETERMINES the nominee. I assume that just means that those becoming electors, should Ron not win, would have to hold their nose and vote for the nominee in NOVEMBER.

juvanya
04-28-2012, 06:57 PM
The RNC is what DETERMINES the nominee. I assume that just means that those becoming electors, should Ron not win, would have to hold their nose and vote for the nominee in NOVEMBER.
In theory. If they are true RP supporters, theyll cast faithless votes anyway. I think its by secret ballot, so how can it even be found out. And its just a $1000 fine. Completely unenforceable.

kathy88
04-28-2012, 07:01 PM
In theory. If they are true RP supporters, theyll cast faithless votes anyway. I think its by secret ballot, so how can it even be found out. And its just a $1000 fine. Completely unenforceable.

Who counts these "secret ballots?"

juvanya
04-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Who counts these "secret ballots?"
It doesnt matter. Look at the history of faithless electors. a libertarian got a vote in 1970 something.

sailingaway
04-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Our guys are saying they are going to follow the rules, when people vote on them. I am sure they will. Mind you sometimes the rules allow the rules to be changed under certain circumstances.