PDA

View Full Version : SNL GOP Primary Skit [blacked Ron out]

Lucille
04-21-2012, 12:26 PM
We finally got around to watching last week's SNL, and the opening skit was on the GOP primary. They had Romney, Santorum, Perry, Bachmann, Cain, and Gingrich, but no Ron. (No Huntsman either, which is cold comfort, since Ron is still in the race.)

I'm pretty used to it, but it upsets my DH so much when Ron is blacked out.

Saturday Night Live brought the whole Republican primary back for an unaired skit last weekend, but, according to Buzzfeed, couldn’t be rebroadcast “due to music rights,” as the cast parody’s Green Day’s “Time of Your Life.”

Andy Samberg was back as the unforgettable Rick Santorum. “Well, we’re celebrating for my friend, so I’ll have a chocolate milk,” jokes Samburg as he sits next to Romney at a bar. “And, I’ll have a napkin,” responds Jason Sudeikis’ Romney.

Notice, Ron Paul was a no show, perhaps because Paul Brittain is no longer a member of the cast (http://whatstrending.com/2012/04/unaired-snl-skit-reunion-republican-candidates/).

Perhaps...

As a side note, Josh Brolin's head is HUGE. DH says that's how actors usually are; short, with huge heads--like bobbleheads.

Aratus
04-21-2012, 05:06 PM
it wuz bahhhd. had to look at it. i did. the inside jokes were very "inside"
even down to newt with the big 4.3 or 4.5 million dollar debt stealing nuts
from the bowl on the bar. why did Mitt have the glass and a napkin? i am
not a GREEN DAY fan but can see why they are very protective of their lyrics.
ron paul has yet to cease to run and with IN IT TO WIN IT having one sure
million almost becoming two we have seen that the good doctor will get thru
june without a massive campaign debt. ron paul has not started to concede
this race. it ain't over and the metaphoric fatlady has yet to sing. they are
doing the skit about how chummy things may be between mr. mitt and all his
one time rivals right now. relax, there will be a beaut of a SNL skit about tampa.