PDA

View Full Version : UTAH

kathy88
04-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Daniel Wein ‏ @danielwein Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
No RP love? #jk RT @UtahGOP: Motion to allow someone to speak on behalf of @RonPaul fails. #utgop #utpol

WTF?????

RPit
04-21-2012, 10:57 AM
well I guess we know how this will turnout. [edited by mod].

kathy88
04-21-2012, 10:58 AM
well I guess we know how this will turnout. [edited by mod].

Really fucking unnecessary.

Barrex
04-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Really fucking unnecessary.

Fucking is never unnecessary(sorry I couldnt restrain my self.)

JebSanderson
04-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Orin Hatch failed to secure the nomination, it's going to a primary to determine the Senate nominee

puppetmaster
04-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I was baptized Mormon and I really really do not understand how they can think that the constitution is a divinely inspired document yet they openly rebuff the ONLY candidate that supports it 100%. Just shows how hypocrisy is inherent in religion and the sheeple that gravitate unto. Sad

wgadget
04-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Orin Hatch failed to secure the nomination, it's going to a primary to determine the Senate nominee

Yeah, this is pretty major news. I heard on the radio that he needed 60% of the vote. Do we have anyone running in the primary?

Jeremy
04-21-2012, 01:54 PM
I was baptized Mormon and I really really do not understand how they can think that the constitution is a divinely inspired document yet they openly rebuff the ONLY candidate that supports it 100%. Just shows how hypocrisy is inherent in religion and the sheeple that gravitate unto. Sad I'm sure many Mormons support Ron Paul and there's not really a need to blame them all for this.

puppetmaster
04-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm sure many Mormons support Ron Paul and there's not really a need to blame them all for this.

I did not blame all Mormons, But living and talking with many LDS here in NV they are all supporting Oromney because he is Mormon. I bet that the RP support coming from LDS is a very small fraction of the group. Like I said before I just don't understand the lack of overwhelming support.

RonRules
04-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Motion to allow someone to speak on behalf of @RonPaul fails.

Wow, just wow.

When I saw the thread title I was briefly inspired by the fact that some people here think that Ron Paul would even have a chance in Utah. I was going to write some praise, but then I saw the OP.

defe07
04-21-2012, 03:30 PM
So, that kills any shot of having some Paulite success in the delegates? Bummer! :(

Badger Paul
04-21-2012, 03:33 PM
"Orin Hatch failed to secure the nomination, it's going to a primary to determine the Senate nominee."

Maybe next time Senator you'll think before shooting your mouth off. I have to believe those comments he made really hurt him.

JebSanderson
04-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Is Dan Liljequist any good? He's the one challenging Hatch.

GeorgiaAvenger
04-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Is Dan Liljequist any good? He's the one challenging Hatch.http://www.danforutah.com/issues/

Jeremy
04-21-2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.danforutah.com/issues/
Doesn't sound too bad.

"Defense is another core function of the federal government and must be a priority, but we must also use a critical eye when evaluating waste, fraud and abuse in defense spending."

JebSanderson
04-21-2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.danforutah.com/issues/

I looked at his issues page,but it just seems like a cookie cutter GOP platform. Cut entitlements, balance budget, cut waste in military budget, blah blah blah

sailingaway
04-21-2012, 04:33 PM
I looked at his issues page,but it just seems like a cookie cutter GOP platform. Cut entitlements, balance budget, cut waste in military budget, blah blah blah

Ron's seemed the same way to me in 2007 ......:p

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-21-2012, 04:36 PM

I would trade the current Orrin Hatch for one who hasn't made comments about punching people.

PolicyReader
04-21-2012, 07:05 PM
If Hatch can go that's a win. Even if he's replaced by someone with an identical agenda it at least wipes seniority so that's still worth some ground and it's even better if there's someone friendly to liberty (I've lived many years in UT and I can't think of many people outside of Lamar Smith that I wouldn't consider an improvement over Hatch)

Paul Or Nothing II
04-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I was baptized Mormon and I really really do not understand how they can think that the constitution is a divinely inspired document yet they openly rebuff the ONLY candidate that supports it 100%. Just shows how hypocrisy is inherent in religion and the sheeple that gravitate unto. Sad

Actually, such cognitive dissonance is pervasive THROUGHOUT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, not just the Mormons; they'll whine about the Constitution all the time & how important it is to follow but then they'll reject the ONLY guy that actually wants to genuinely follow it, isn't that why democracies everywhere are always a mess & because masses are too dumb & lazy :mad:

So, that kills any shot of having some Paulite success in the delegates? Bummer! :(

BS! Ron Paul DEFINITELY has some presence among Mormon, among those who don't suffer from such cognitive dissonance & herd-mentality & actually think for themselves; like the people in the following video

And we DON'T need a majority, we ONLY NEED AN IRATE MINORITY to take over the delegation & I believe we'll have enough Mormons & non-Mormons in Utah to take over the delegation, we need to keep spreading the word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7tbPX9zUaI