PDA

View Full Version : Transcendent Economic Understanding (TEU) [So happy The Mogambo Guru is back!]

Lucille
04-21-2012, 10:17 AM
He gave another shout-out to Mises.org in one of his recent rants (http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1334585100.php):

Secondly, it is perfectly obvious that I have achieved True Mogambo Enlightenment (TME) to have recognized the wisdom of the Austrian Business Cycle Theory and how it is the Only True Economic Theory In The Whole Freaking Universe (OTETITWFU).

Even better, this is economic genius about which you can read, and tread your own path to enlightenment, at Mises.org, which is the biggest and best bargain anywhere, since it gives you Transcendent Economic Understanding (TEU) of Austrian economics, and is completely free!

More:

So, as you can plainly see, I am A Hell Of A Lot More Angry (AHOALMA) about things, especially since all of our problems are, literally, the fault of the damnable Federal Reserve creating so much money, so incredibly much money, so astoundingly much money, so completely unbelievable much money for the last 50 years or so, mostly in the last 25 years, and mostly under Obama, so as to literally finance such vast governmental stupidities and idiotic mal-investments.

And now we are left with the backbreaking, burdensome, ugly and totally-predictable legacy after continually acting with real, genuine stupidity, where constant inflation in the money supply always leads to constant price inflation and gross mal-investment, such as (for example) half -- half! -- of all employed workers in the USA work either for a government (federal, state or local), a school system, a non-profit corporation or a Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE). Half!

So, to recap because I imagine that you are rubbing your eyes in disbelief, half of all working Americans labor for an organization that literally makes no profit, and thus are not tax-payers, but are tax-eaters.

And let's not forget that half of all Americans -- half! -- get a government check every month!

With the chilling, inviolable, dead-bang, absolute certainty of elementary-school basic arithmetic, this all means that more people are getting money (160 million people) than the number of people actually working (120 million people).

And when you exclude government workers, school system workers, non-profit workers and GSE workers from the pool of "workers", you have the ugly, distorted economic monstrosity of only 60 million private-sector workers (20% of all Americans) supporting both themselves and 260 million citizens who do not work for profit or do not work at all (the other 80% of the population)!
[...]
Thirdly, and the most compelling reason of all, the last 3,000 years of history is the same, sad, stupid story of one stupid government after another borrowing itself into bankruptcy, finally flailing about in dire, dreadful desperation, and how these same stupid governments always resorted to printing money, monstrously increasing the money supply, whereupon ruinous inflation in prices, social upheaval and economic collapse always followed.

And now here we are again, this time in the hands of lowlife, low-IQ, loathsome neo-Keynesian econometric Princeton and California clowns, doing that same tired monetary expansion crap, but with fancy equations and computers to justify their abject stupidity.

WFD!

(I link to goldseek b/c TMG's blog (http://mogamboguru.blogspot.com/2012/04/were-freaking-doomed-wfd.html) is impossible to read, for me anyway. The Daily Reckoning (http://dailyreckoning.com/) used to be the place to read TMG, but they're not posting his stuff since he came out of retirement, though TDR is still a great read!)