PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush says he'd consider vice presidency

donnay
04-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Jeb Bush says he'd consider vice presidency
http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-says-hed-consider-vice-presidency-202837692.html

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says he'd consider running as vice president with Mitt Romney, but doubts he'll ever be asked.

Bush tells the conservative website Newsmax that Florida Sen. Marco Rubio is "probably the best" choice to share the ticket with Romney, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee. Bush said he hopes the freshman senator is offered the No. 2 slot and accepts it.

Rubio has said repeatedly that he isn't interested in leaving the Senate.

Bush said he'd consider running if Romney were to ask him. But the former governor added that he's not sure running for vice president is the right thing for him and said he's doubtful he'd even receive the call.

maninblack
04-20-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't think Ron would offer that to Jeb. Call it a hunch.

Original_Intent
04-20-2012, 03:29 PM
If Mitt has any survival instinct, he would never ask Jeb.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-20-2012, 03:43 PM
I'd imagine he could have said that privately, so wtf is the point? Looks like a FL endorsement of Rubio to me.

Brian4Liberty
04-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Marco Rubio? Shocking! :rolleyes:

NoOneButPaul
04-20-2012, 04:52 PM

Yeap.

Another Bush would be a disaster in the general. The Dems are probably chomping at the bit for it to happen.

He's going to pick Rubio or a Woman.

Brian4Liberty
04-20-2012, 04:59 PM

Nimrata Haley.

Tod
04-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Dream on, Jeb, dream on....

carclinic
04-20-2012, 05:21 PM
It's amazing how desperate the new world order is to keep floating his name when its obvious Bush is electoral suicide for the Republican party.

cheapseats
04-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Another Bush would be a disaster in the general.

You suuuuure?

Among short-list women is Condoleeza Rice.

Rubio has at least thrice said NO to v.p., last time unequivocally (stipulating that Politicians ain't exactly bound by their Word).

The Dems are probably chomping at the bit for it to happen.

I'm not sure but what both "parties" view the 2012 presidency as a HOT POTATO.

NO ONE could emerge unscathed. Not even Ron Paul.

Which would you assign better odds at a brokered convention . . . Mitt Romney / Jeb Bush OR Ron Paul / Rick Santorum?

oyarde
04-21-2012, 12:47 PM
What is the VP salary ?

pcgame
04-21-2012, 01:09 PM

RDM
04-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Rubio has at least thrice said NO to v.p., last time unequivocally[/B] (stipulating that Politicians ain't exactly bound by their Word).

I'm not sure but what both "parties" view the 2012 presidency as a HOT POTATO.

NO ONE could emerge unscathed. Not even Ron Paul.

Which would you assign better odds at a brokered convention . . . Mitt Romney / Jeb Bush OR Ron Paul / Rick Santorum?

Of course he said no. He knows he's not Constitutionally eligible to hold that position or the Presidency.

DerailingDaTrain
04-21-2012, 01:41 PM
No way Marco Rubio runs this year even as VP. He'll be running in 2016 with Christie, Hailey, Santorum, and Paul.

tttppp
04-21-2012, 02:17 PM

I was thinking the same thing. If Mitt wants to be assassinated, he'll ask Jeb to be his vice president.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Rubio has at least thrice said NO to v.p., last time unequivocally (stipulating that Politicians ain't exactly bound by their Word).

lol. What a dirtbag.