PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Raises 10.4 Million in Q1, 2.6 in March

carterm
04-20-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/04/20/ron-paul-campaign-nets-almost-10-4-million-in-q1-keeping-paul-competitive-ahead-of-texas/

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign announced today that it raised nearly $10.4 million in the first fundraising quarter of 2012, providing it with ample resources to sustain a 50-state race with establishment-choice Mitt Romney as well as compete decisively in Congressman Paul’s home state of Texas.

For the fundraising quarter ending March 31, 2012, or Q1, total campaign contributions approached $10.4 million. In addition to the impressive eight-figure fundraising total for the quarter, the campaign is announcing that total contributions for the month of March alone exceeded $2.6 million. Other details include total cash on hand of nearly $1.8 million and zero debt, as is customary. Especially noteworthy is that these figures exclude the nearly $1.4 million raised during the campaign’s Tax Day money bomb, or online fundraising event.

“Total contributions of $10.4 million in Q1, including details such as $1.8 million cash on hand and more money bomb cash in the pipeline, amounts to excellent news as these resources fuel our effective delegate-attainment strategy. These ample funds also will help us compete even harder in Texas, where Ron Paul is the only Texan, veteran, and authentic conservative running,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton.

“I want to thank Ron Paul’s contributors, who are almost exclusively small-donation supporters and who continue putting their trust in Dr. Paul, his message, and his organization,” added Mr. Benton.

WilliamC
04-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Not bad considering it's all from us 'little people'.

Congratulations to all who have donated, thank you!

sailingaway
04-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Not bad considering it's all from us 'little people'.

http://images.wikia.com/gulliverstravels/images/1/14/JackBlack-Lilliputians-01.jpg

EBounding
04-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Imagine the money that would be rolling in if we actually won a state poll or contest...

millercards
04-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Imagine the money that would be rolling in if the media had actually let us win a state poll or contest...

Fixed.

VictorB
04-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Very impressive considering the fact that the majority of people out there think he's dropped out or has no chance.

The fact that we are the only other campaign still raising a significant amount of money without the help of the media or crooked GOP (stealing elections) says a lot.

sailingaway
04-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Imagine the money that would be rolling in if we actually won a state poll or contest...

he won Virgin Islands so they immediately decided to report delegates that one and only time instead of the popular vote. They are not reporting his crowds. All the things campaigns use to get momentum they are just refusing to report.

RonRules
04-20-2012, 12:23 PM
You'd think the campaign would have money for a statistician?! I asked and nobody called back.

Actual chart, confirmed by another RPF member, of the Cumulative votes for each precinct in Richmond City VA.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj80/RonRules/Elections2012_Primaries_VA/VA_RichmondCityCumulativeVotePct.png

I calculate that Ron Paul actually won Virginia by a slight margin of 0.5%. Of course he would have also won Iowa and the remaining snow ball effect.

If you don't believe me, find a college-level statistician or Poli-Sci researcher and let them tell you about the extent of the vote fraud this year.

seawolf
04-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Fundraising is going down significantly every month!!!! We need to change this quick!!!

The next Money Bomb is 27 days away!!! Way too Long to Wait!!! Action is Required Now!!

I suggest a RP Grassroots Inspired "End of April Push" 27-30 April with a Goal of $500,000.00.

sailingaway
04-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Fundraising is going down significantly every month!!!! We need to change this quick!!!

The next Money Bomb is 27 days away!!! Way too Long to Wait!!! Action is Required Now!!

I suggest a RP Grassroots Inspired "End of April Push" 27-30 April with a Goal of $500,000.00.

I think a push is a good idea. I wouldn't put a target on it. I'm hoping we have good news from caucuses this weekend (conventions rather, at this point) and that might spur some donations, too.

BUSHLIED
04-20-2012, 02:07 PM

Fundraising is down because the campaign is on "college rally" mode...College rallies are great and he draws large crowds...but I am not giving anymore money to support college rallies...I'll give money if I thought the campaign was trying to win in a State...

I believe there is one more caucus state, I would like to see a HQ opened and roughly 10 staff hired to compete in that state like they did in Iowa...if this was underway, I think he could raise more money...just dump $500,000 in Nebraska, I think the caucus is and have Ron crisscross the state for about a month...

that would kickstart some media coverage and put Ron back in the spotlight...

sailingaway
04-20-2012, 02:09 PM
They are doing college rallies because they get more bang for the buck, voter ID, some media (he'd get none without thousands coming) and the STUDENTS group typically covers costs and gets discount venues. These are always paired with donor lunches or dinners, or both. Donate or don't but it is chicken and egg. He can't win without money.

BUSHLIED
04-20-2012, 02:21 PM
They are doing college rallies because they get more bang for the buck, voter ID, some media (he'd get none without thousands coming) and the STUDENTS group typically covers costs and gets discount venues. These are always paired with donor lunches or dinners, or both. Donate or don't but it is chicken and egg. He can't win without money.

The youth vote this cycle make up roughly 9-10% of the electorate. A drop in the bucket. What he is doing ARE NOT townhalls, the campaign is just calling them townhalls...they may be townhall style where people ask questions BUT Townhalls are held at townhalls or churches and there are hundreds of them...he should be doing at least 20 townhalls per state reaching seniors etc...The rallies are cool to spread the message but the campaign is still apparently going...

LibertyIn08
04-20-2012, 03:22 PM
You'd think the campaign would have money for a statistician?! I asked and nobody called back.

Actual chart, confirmed by another RPF member, of the Cumulative votes for each precinct in Richmond City VA.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj80/RonRules/Elections2012_Primaries_VA/VA_RichmondCityCumulativeVotePct.png

I calculate that Ron Paul actually won Virginia by a slight margin of 0.5%. Of course he would have also won Iowa and the remaining snow ball effect.

If you don't believe me, find a college-level statistician or Poli-Sci researcher and let them tell you about the extent of the vote fraud this year.

Can you keep the vote flipping charts in the vote flipping thread?

There are multiple posters on this forum with graduate level statistics experience who find the whole notion laughable at best, so it is far from being universally accepted.

francisco
04-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Has anyone seen Gingrich's report? As of this writing I don't see it on the FEC site. I want to know how deeply in debt he is. Paul, Romney, and Santorum numbers are all posted, and I thought the reports were due today. Is he waiting until midnight?

francisco
04-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Official report is now posted.

Newt's debt of $4.3 million at the end of March exceeds cash on hand by more than $3 million. Glad I'm not a creditor, I think those he owes money to better pack a lunch waiting to be paid. Saw in another thread that Gingrich has cancelled appearances scheduled for NC next week. I wonder if he's done and if there will be an announcement over the weekend.

http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2012/M4/C00496497.html

coffeewithchess
04-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Official report is now posted.

Newt's debt of $4.3 million at the end of March exceeds cash on hand by more than $3 million. Glad I'm not a creditor, I think those he owse money to better pack a lunch waiting to be paid. Saw in another thread that Gingrich has cancelled appearances scheduled for NC next week. I wonder if he's done and if there will be an announcement over the weekend.

http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2012/M4/C00496497.html

I'm guessing after Tuesday, if he doesn't win Delaware...he's hoping that a win in Delaware will revive the campaign.