PDA

View Full Version : To ALL Ron Paul delegates.

Jesse Gruber
04-19-2012, 10:25 PM
If you are a ron paul delegate I highly suggest you go through your social media accounts and delete any mentions of being a libertarian, independent, or any other party out side of the gop. The Republican party is going through accounts looking to challenge delegates as Republicans. They will use these mentions against you. They cant wait to humiliate us while they unseat and alternate an establishment delegate.

sailingaway
04-19-2012, 10:38 PM
If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals -- if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

RONALD REAGAN, Reason Magazine, Jul. 1, 1975

I've never been registered anything BUT GOP, but I'm libertarian leaning, or Constitutionalist, and if they aren't, query how they are conservative.

Jesse Gruber
04-19-2012, 10:44 PM
I agree with Reagan but the reality is they can legally unseat us as delegates if we claim another party. I have been warned by high ups.

BKom
04-19-2012, 11:36 PM
RONALD REAGAN, Reason Magazine, Jul. 1, 1975

I've never been registered anything BUT GOP, but I'm libertarian leaning, or Constitutionalist, and if they aren't, query how they are conservative.

Reagan was so full of it. Not a fan of that great libertarian sage. Of course, he RAISED my taxes, so there is that.

sailingaway
04-19-2012, 11:38 PM
I agree with Reagan but the reality is they can legally unseat us as delegates if we claim another party. I have been warned by high ups.

Oh, I don't disagree that people need to edit their stuff, I just think it is disgusting.

J_White
04-19-2012, 11:39 PM
totally agree, Libertarian is a four letter word for the GOP at this point. go stealth !

Jesse Gruber
04-20-2012, 07:45 AM
This is not meant to be a political pissing contest. This is a warning to delegates.

Bern
04-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Stealth purity test engaged. /GOP

Tiso0770
04-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a way to get rid of new Republicans coming into the GOP for the first time also. I've been a Republican for 30 years now and I'm beginning to think that the GOP WANTS Obama to win over Paul.

georgiaboy
04-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a way to get rid of new Republicans coming into the GOP for the first time also. I've been a Republican for 30 years now and I'm beginning to think that the GOP WANTS Obama to win over Paul.

Make no mistake. The establishment GOP leadership would definitely prefer Obama to Ron Paul. Sad but true.

Rank & File GOP members, no, and in fact they're probably Anybody But Romney folks for the GOP nomination.

Establishment GOP leadership, though, are Anyone But Paul, so definitely, absolutely, would prefer Obama over Paul.

This is the most painful reality I as a conservative have been awakened to since the 2008 campaign cycle, and it disgusts me.

That's why becoming the GOP leadership at all levels is vital, so it can reflect the views of the grassroots.