http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/ron-paul-pandemic-causes-romney-split/

Aratus
04-19-2012, 06:52 PM
if the brighter staffers don't fight us, there will be a party unity
and less talk of a third party run. if they try to drum all Ron Paul
people out of the GOP this could tear the party apart for 3 or 4
election cycles. Doug Wead is correct. Multiple~Choise~Mitt has
to make his mind up and decide how sincere he is at running for
president. He either is open to Dr. Ron Paul or he walls himself off.

PatriotOne
04-19-2012, 07:08 PM
(Note: I stand corrected. It looks like we are puling Nevada out of the fire. Go Liberty!)

Anyone know what he is referring to with that statement?

sailingaway
04-19-2012, 07:14 PM
The NV convention is the first weekend of May. So far it looks good as it can, given the delegates are bound on the first vote..

Titus
04-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I think that this is one of the smartest political moves Doug Wead has made in awhile. He can follow this article up with any sort of allegation of systemic fraud but yet call it only one section of bad apples rather than all of them. This gives Doug Wead an appearance of a non-conspiracy theorist while being able to level his allegations. Smart move.

PatriotOne
04-19-2012, 07:21 PM
The NV convention is the first weekend of May. So far it looks good as it can, given the delegates are bound on the first vote..

thnxs.

twofootzero
04-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Anyone know what he is referring to with that statement?

Probably refering to an exchange in the comment section.

flynn
04-19-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't see a future in the GOP. But libertarians, classical liberals, and independents are willing to adapt to the strategy while taking over the GOP, while establishment GOP won't, I am all for it.

Sentinelrv
04-19-2012, 07:47 PM
So Doug has a spy inside Romney's campaign? I hope his staff continues to fight over this, hopefully tearing Romney's campaign apart in the process, CHAOS!!! :D

FSP-Rebel
04-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't see a future in the GOP. But libertarians, classical liberals, and independents are willing to adapt to the strategy while taking over the GOP, while establishment GOP won't, I am all for it.
The way I see it is we've seen, heard and been through every little tactic that the party bosses have thrown at us over the years and I'm not willing to let them win. Forget the media, these bastards are outright thieves who can't even play by their own rules. I'm on a vendetta that won't end until the Ghandi quote is fulfilled.

Legend1104
04-19-2012, 07:59 PM

Look at how the republican party was first formed. The Democratic party was basically the only party in the 1850s. Then all of the smaller groups unified to create a party that was powerful enough to overcome the fracturing Democractic party. Abolitionists, Free-soilers, old whigs, and some northern democrats, all of which were a minority by themselves, unified around the single idea of stoping the spread of slavery in the western territories, and they won. Not that I would have supported the original Repulican party, but the fact still holds true. If neither party continues to hold anything to offer many of these different smaller groups (like libertarians) then eventually you will see something new rise up in it's place.

The Northbreather
04-19-2012, 08:11 PM
He either is open to Dr. Ron Paul or he walls himself off.

By open do you mean Paul/Rommney? Thats about how open I am.

drummergirl
04-19-2012, 08:27 PM

I don't know the rules for selecting national delegates in Nevada or for delegation challenges at the national convention, so I'm not sure how useful this information is. I'm working on a project to see what the delegate count would be if there had been no flipping. Nevada is kind of interesting that way.

With no flipping, you get:

Romney 43%, 12 delegates
Paul 25%, 7 delegates
Gingrich 22%, 6 delegates
Santorum 10%, 3 delegates

sailingaway
04-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Nevada was a caucus, could there be flipping there? I thought that was only primaries.

But Ron will get a lot more than that, I'm thinking....

J_White
04-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Reudrich is finished, he can have his fun for a few more mths, and then when Romney gets his behind handed to him by Obama, he can start looking for a new job, along with Romney ! oh...Romney does not really need a job.

driller80545
04-19-2012, 09:53 PM
The way I see it is we've seen, heard and been through every little tactic that the party bosses have thrown at us over the years and I'm not willing to let them win. Forget the media, these bastards are outright thieves who can't even play by their own rules. I'm on a vendetta that won't end until the Ghandi quote is fulfilled.

Not true. These guys will get as nasty as they must to hold onto their power. Ask the Watergate burglars. If RP actually becomes a serious threat, the pros will get busy. I have considered the GOP (and/or the Dems) traitorious operations for many election cycles, and I don't see any difference this year. It is degrading to have to associate with them in order to support RP. I will support RP, though, even through the disgusting GOP.

flynn
04-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Not true. These guys will get as nasty as they must to hold onto their power. Ask the Watergate burglars. If RP actually becomes a serious threat, the pros will get busy. I have considered the GOP (and/or the Dems) traitorious operations for many election cycles, and I don't see any difference this year. It is degrading to have to associate with them in order to support RP. I will support RP, though, even through the disgusting GOP.

In order to truly win the minds of the population, the smaller groups like libertarians, classical liberals, and independents need a solid base of financial backers and issues that they can own. I always advocate those of us who like Ron Paul to talk about choice in government and in the individual level(economically and socially). Libertarians, classical liberals and the fragmented independents are in the end a group of people fed up with the lack of choice and the power taken away by the government without consent.