PDA

View Full Version : Are Ron Paul delegates for real?

Starfield
04-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Are Ron Paul delegates for real? Looking back to 2008, a good percentage of "Ron Paul delegates" voted for McCain, so I can't help being skeptical.

cpike
04-19-2012, 08:58 AM
I can tell you we've been working hard to vet them hard. I know the delegation from CD5, they're real. I sat in 5 hours of interviews for CD4 earlier this week, we'll get a good delegation there as well.

flybeech
04-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Those we've elected in Oklahoma best not come home of they vote for anyone but Paul.

thesnake742
04-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Are those vote numbers from the first round? Many of them were most likely bound to vote more McCain once.

sailingaway
04-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Are Ron Paul delegates for real? Looking back to 2008, a good percentage of "Ron Paul delegates" voted for McCain, so I can't help being skeptical.

Maybe a few did, but mostly they were few enough that delegation chairs misreported their votes or cut mics when they came up, etc. This time we are trying to get RNC spots and in Co we and the Santorum folks ousted the delegation chair and replaced him (the delegation chair was 'supposed' to be the state GOP chair.)

Nothing is perfect but everyone is doing what we can. We will find out if we can work inside the GOP or not.

Travlyr
04-19-2012, 09:14 AM
This is not 2008. At the Colorado State Convention last weekend, I wore my Ron Paul button. It sparked conversation from both Paul & Romney supporters. What I found in my conversations was that Romney supporters were generally TV watchers, wealthy, and had not done their own research. They were rah-rah the Status Quo crowd as long as they have an (R) attached. They view Ron Paul as an (L).

The Ron Paul supporters were knowledgeable people, generally disgusted with the direction America is headed, down to Earth friendly folks who have done their homework. Ron Paul's delegates are for real. Once one learns about the advantages of sound money, a foreign policy of freedom, and of adhering to the rule of law ... they are supporters for life.