PDA

View Full Version : Project: LOL

wgadget
04-19-2012, 07:47 AM
I put this on Twitter and it seems pretty popular. I'd do it, but I was banned from both in 2008. LOL

Experiment: Join RedState or Hannity Forums, talk Ron Paul, c how long til u r BANNED. @EWErickson @seanhannity Squelching truth=propaganda.

sailingaway
04-19-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm on Redstate but I want to keep it. There are people there who aren't all douches and I put in an occassional comment. We got a bad name for ourselves spamming there, and I don't think that sort of comment helps, anyhow. There are trolls who post there and I post one thing and let it go, so the truth is there for those who want it. Trolls will be trolls whether they spam our site or post on their own.

Feeding them is counterproductive imho.

wgadget
04-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Huh? What I posted back in 2007/2008 was quite innocuous. I got banned anyway. And they do it proudly.

My aim on Twitter is to get people to see how these supposed "news entities" skew the truth against truth purposely. They need to know that they're not getting all the information. Add to that that these guys won't allow Ron Paul supporters on the air, and you have low primary results.

sailingaway
04-19-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm not saying you specifically posted bad stuff, but that 'Ron Paul 2012' posts and cheerleading without substance doesn't really advance us. Then it might have because people didn't even know who he was (I sure didn't). Now it tends to turn people against us because our detractors have turned it into a distastful meme that may never have fit to begin with. I just think we don't need to play into it. I do agree that participating in other forums, both of those who agree and disagree is a good way to express our opinions to those who might never have approached issues as we do.

wgadget
04-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Well, as far as They're (the radio hosts) concerned, keeping support for Ron Paul at a minimum is Job #1. I refuse to play that game.

Paul Or Nothing II
04-19-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm not saying you specifically posted bad stuff, but that 'Ron Paul 2012' posts and cheerleading without substance doesn't really advance us. Then it might have because people didn't even know who he was (I sure didn't). Now it tends to turn people against us because our detractors have turned it into a distastful meme that may never have fit to begin with. I just think we don't need to play into it. I do agree that participating in other forums, both of those who agree and disagree is a good way to express our opinions to those who might never have approached issues as we do.

I agree, why piss people off unnecessarily? It only antagonizes them from considering our message in the future as well :(
Besides, Republicans & libertarians have a lot of common ground so there's always crossover possibilities!

Well, as far as They're (the radio hosts) concerned, keeping support for Ron Paul at a minimum is Job #1. I refuse to play that game.

It doesn't achieve anything, it only makes them hate Ron Paul even more, it's just waste of time, time which could otherwise be used more fruitfully, may be to convert those who ARE willing to listen