PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] "The Failed War on Drugs" (featuring Dr. Paul's proposed drug policies)

Constitutional Paulicy
04-18-2012, 12:29 PM
"The Failed War on Drugs"
by DJ Gabriel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tCoiDPdrze4

•Tobacco kills 390,000 a year.

•Obesity kills 400,000 a year.

•Alcohol kills 80,000.

• Secondhand smoke from tobacco kills 50,000.

• Aspirin kills 2,000.

•Properly Prescribed Legal drugs kill: 106,000 (JAMA)

• Marijuana kills 0 (zero).
All illegal drugs combined kill about 12,000 -- 20,000 people per year.
Tobacco kills more people each year than all of the people killed by all
the illegal drugs in the last century. There has never been one recorded
 death due to marijuana at any time in U.S. history.
This war on drugs has been a detriment to personal liberty and it's been a real abuse of liberty. Our prisons are full with people who have used drugs who should be treated as patients -- and they're non-violent. Someday we're gonna awake and find out that the prohibition we are following right now with drugs is no more successful, maybe a lot less successful, than the prohibition of alcohol was in the '20s. - Ron Paul

Iceclops
04-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Although I disagree with the war on drugs, your statistic of 0 deaths is completely biased. There just hasn't been the same kind of long term studies of the effects of marijuana as there have been on tobacco, alcohol, and prescription drugs since it is well illegal. Smoking marijuana daily all your life can lead to many of the same things tobacco does, lung cancer, respiratory problems, hardening of arteries, heart conditions, etc. It's undocumented because when people have to go to the hospital for these conditions, they generally lie about having smoked pot all their lives. Having personally known chronic marijuana users who otherwise ate healthy, didnt smoke cigarettes, drink, or do any other drugs, when they had heart attacks and strokes and had to go to the hospital for serious operations, that is exactly what they did, lied about what they do. That is why it is undocumented.

Yes, the legality of it is really questionable since there are worse things that are legal. And being illegal does contribute to an increase of crime which is why I am against the whole war on drugs, but weed itself is not harmless when overused. I am tired of seeing lack of documentation used as a factual argument as to why it's harmless and *~*~*~nature's cure for everything in the world*~*~~*

Elfshadow
04-19-2012, 04:12 AM
Iceclops the only problem with what your saying is that people get ill without having anything to do with drugs at all. You can not assume that the illnesses you have seen are caused by Marijuana use without extensive scientific research, which we can't have as long as its illegal.

jbauer
04-19-2012, 06:10 AM
I'm all about handing out drugs for free. Make sure the drugies OD and let them live with their choices, not my tax dollars "fixing" them.

DerailingDaTrain
04-19-2012, 08:22 AM
You should change it from 0 deaths so people will stop bitching. If I remember correctly 14 people have died in car accidents while under the influence of marijuana AND another drug each time such as alcohol, prescription pills, etc.

You should also add that it can lead to bronchitis, emphysema, and some people who have smoked cannabis for years in conjunction with tobacco have gotten a collapsed lung. You will not get cancer from cannabis though but to avoid any respiratory infections or things like that you should eat it or vaporize it.