PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporters should boycott Papa Johns Pizza?

Joey Fuller
04-18-2012, 08:09 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120417/NEWS01/304170065/Presidential-hopeful-Mitt-Romney-visit-Louisville-Thursday-fundraiser?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7COzarks+N ews

"Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican nominee for president, will be in Louisville on Thursday for a fundraising event at the home of Papa John’s founder John Schnatter and his wife, Anne.

According to invitations mailed last weekend, the former Massachusetts governor is asking for contributions ranging from $1,000 per person to get into the general reception to $25,000 to be listed as a co-host for the event."

Should we write letters/send emails to Papa Johns and let them know that we as Ron Paul Supporters will not buy their pizza due to their support for Romney?

Kid Rock, Ted Nugent, and Jeff Foxworthy have also been "paid off" to endorse/perform for Romney. Maybe we should explain to them that we will not buy their cds, etc.

just a thought.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Being that KY elected Rand and could Elect Massie, I hope people make an issue out of this.

V3n
04-18-2012, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't want to make enemies of these folks. OpenSecrets.org shows both he and his wife maxed out donating to Rand Paul in his Senate run.

CaptUSA
04-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah, it's not like they're doing this to specifically target Ron Paul.

This is not a can of worms anyone wants to open.

Sam I am
04-18-2012, 08:25 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120417/NEWS01/304170065/Presidential-hopeful-Mitt-Romney-visit-Louisville-Thursday-fundraiser?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7COzarks+N ews

"Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican nominee for president, will be in Louisville on Thursday for a fundraising event at the home of Papa John’s founder John Schnatter and his wife, Anne.

According to invitations mailed last weekend, the former Massachusetts governor is asking for contributions ranging from $1,000 per person to get into the general reception to $25,000 to be listed as a co-host for the event."

Should we write letters/send emails to Papa Johns and let them know that we as Ron Paul Supporters will not buy their pizza due to their support for Romney?

Kid Rock, Ted Nugent, and Jeff Foxworthy have also been "paid off" to endorse/perform for Romney. Maybe we should explain to them that we will not buy their cds, etc.

just a thought.

If you ever endorse a candidate, should you expect everyone who does not support that candidate to boycott you?

jkr
04-18-2012, 08:43 AM
GLADLY, their pie SUCKS

Athan
04-18-2012, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't want to make enemies of these folks. OpenSecrets.org shows both he and his wife maxed out donating to Rand Paul in his Senate run.
*whew* What a relief. I need me some papa johns. I'll wean myself of after I find a subsitute brand I like.

Darthbrooklyn
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Even if they supported Ron, I still wouldnt eat that garbage.. Its not Pizza, its just a hot circle of crap..

travelerru
04-18-2012, 09:26 AM
I've been boycotting Papa John's for years on account of their crappy pizza and dumb commercials. This is just another reason.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Even if they supported Ron, I still wouldnt eat that garbage.. Its not Pizza, its just a hot circle of crap..

For some reason that really made me crack up.

+rep

I'm from Jersey originally, and that begs a larger question:

Why the hell can't you get a decent pizza or sub outside of the tri-state area?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-18-2012, 09:44 AM

At what point did he do that? If it was at the beginning, that is one thing. If it was at the end, it is another.

You can't agree with Rand and Romney both.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2012, 09:48 AM
At what point did he do that? If it was at the beginning, that is one thing. If it was at the end, it is another.

You can't agree with Rand and Romney both.

Sure you can, when, from your perspective, everything is pretty much okey dokey, you just want the system tweaked a little bit to maximize your profits and portfolio.

Circle the wagons, rally the team and come on in for the big win.

It's no greater mental stretch to endorse Rand and Romney than it is to think there is any difference between Romney and Obama other than his skin color and background.

phill4paul
04-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Why the hell can't you get a pizza or sub outside of the tri-state area?

Had some Jersey transplants open up some pizza joints in my area of N.C. Pretty much ruined chain pizza for me. One slice of their holy goodness is about the size of a small chain pizza and a large over flows the box. My only complaint is that they don't deliver and I am on the other side of town. For me it is worth the drive. Every other pizza pales in comparison. One case where I don't fault the Yankee invasion for all the Carolina ills. :p

jmdrake
04-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Well I'd hate the thought of other people boycotting me for donating to Ron so no. I think we need to look at positive things we can do instead of scorched earth policies. Like maybe we can reach out to Santorum delegates in Tennessee? (Did he get any since he didn't get the required delegate signatures but won the state?) Besides, if I had extra money to spend on pizza right now I'd spend it on the ongoing moneybomb. (It's not over folks). And we need to start thinking long term. I don't want to punish Papa John. I want to become Papa John. By 2015 I need to be in a position where I can write an immediate "max out" check for $2,600 to whoever the best liberty candidate is and be done with it. No more moneybomb pledges for my or posting "$17.76" receipts or whatever. I could have been in that position this year if I had financially planned my life better and worked that plan. Hell, if I had a quarter for every post I've made at RPF I could max out. I could make that kind of money blogging. So why don't I? Cause I need to give myself a good swift kick in the pants and break old habits that fit like a good shoe but don't bring in money. Joey you make great videos! It's time to think of ways to continue doing that in some manner that's profitable. We've got to move beyond these forums and meetups and facebook groups and branch out in ways that generate income. I just looked at Dannno's thread on screening liberty minded movies in the park. (See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?372411-Start-Your-Own-quot-Guerrilla-Theater-quot-Outdoor-Theater-Educational-Outreach!&p=4362451#post4362451)

We need to get together and brainstorm ideas. There's a lot of positive things we can do that can actually pay off long term.

40oz
04-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Kid Rock fell off.

TruthisTreason
04-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Ron is going to get crushed in Kentucky. I meet so many people who say they love Rand but do not like Ron. Ron's foreign policy kills him here in Kentucky.

Roxi
04-18-2012, 10:11 AM

+rep

Why the hell can't you get a pizza or sub outside of the tri-state area?

HAHA Me too. That comment deserved rep for sure. Though I'd like to know what state he gets it in that it comes hot....

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-18-2012, 10:12 AM
It's no greater mental stretch to endorse Rand and Romney than it is to think there is any difference between Romney and Obama other than his skin color and background.

I agree that is it no greater, but it is still a great stretch.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Had some Jersey transplants open up some pizza joints in my area of N.C. Pretty much ruined chain pizza for me. One slice of their holy goodness is about the size of a small chain pizza and a large over flows the box. My only complaint is that they don't deliver and I am on the other side of town. For me it is worth the drive. Every other pizza pales in comparison. One case where I don't fault the Yankee invasion for all the Carolina ills. :p

God Damn Yankees can be good for something anyways.

I'm still trying to find a decent number 2 sub outside of Jersey.

The Free Hornet
04-18-2012, 10:22 AM
If you want to boycott, cancel your cable or dish! Get internet-only service. If you need in-home telephone service, use a Magic Jack or Skype. Use Netflix or Hulu or a Network's own website for any must-have shows. Otherwise, be a pirate and download the torrents... for freedom!

Of the three main cable news networks, Fox News is the only one that went down compared to their ratings in 2010. And a double-digit decline at that. FoxPods will, as usual, point out that Fox is still the top cable news network, but that is beside the point. Its audience is peeling away at a rapid rate and over time they will be unable to sustain their leading position. It is also important to put those numbers in context. While Fox is the #1 cable news network, they lag far behind the broadcast nets. In fact, the highest rated program on Fox (O’Reilly Factor) has about half the viewers of the lowest rated broadcast news program (CBS Evening news).

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=6080

I apologize for being a broken record, but collapsing the fortunes of the MSM is far more important than tit-for-tat stuff. If the libtards can get Glenn Beck off the air (http://mediamatters.org/blog/201106290023), surely we can bankrupt the whole MSM!!!

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/dropfox/addata/NumberPaidAds_Web.jpg

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/dropfox/addata/AdRates_BeckBaier_Web_FullSize.jpg

phill4paul
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
God Damn Yankees can be good for something anyways.

These guys subs pretty much put me off chain subs as well. If I'd have grown up there and had these joints on every corner I'd have ended up looking like Chris Christie. I had NO idea of what I was missin'.

oyarde
04-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Papa John , no I would not boycott due to fund raiser for Mitt , but I would noy buy any , that would help fund those commercials .

dannno
04-18-2012, 10:31 AM

On top of that, Papa John's was the victim of corporate harassment by Pizza Hut many, many years ago.

Papa John's uses the slogan "Better Ingredients. Better pizza."

Pizza Hut tried to sue them, saying that they can't use that logo because there is no proof they have better ingredients.. even though Pizza Hut's slogan is "Best Pizza Under One Roof." Pretty hypocritical.

Details:

Lawsuit

In 1997, Pizza Hut filed suit against Papa John's based on a series of advertisements that compared the ingredients of Papa John's and its competitors. At trial, the court agreed with Pizza Hut's argument that Papa John's slogan did not constitute statements of literal fact – that "fresher ingredients" do not necessarily account for a "better" pizza; this ruling was overturned in 2000 when Papa John's appealed the decision. Although the jury's decision on the misleading advertising was upheld, the appeals court determined that Pizza Hut failed to prove, under the requirements of the Lanham Act, that the misleading advertising and puffery had a material effect on consumers' purchasing decisions.

We conclude that (1) the slogan, standing alone, is not an objectionable statement of fact upon which consumers would be justified in relying, and thus not actionable under section 43(a); and (2) while the slogan, when utilized in connection with some of the post-May 1997 comparative advertising--specifically, the sauce, dough and stuff campaigns--conveyed objectionable and misleading facts, Pizza Hut has failed to adduce any evidence demonstrating that the facts conveyed by the slogan were material to the purchasing decisions of the consumers to which the slogan was directed.
Summary statement from appellate decision in Pizza Hut, Inc. v. Papa John’s Int’l, Inc.

-Wikipedia

Anti Federalist
04-18-2012, 10:33 AM
These guys subs pretty much put me off chain subs as well. If I'd have grown up there and had these joints on every corner I'd have ended up looking like Chris Christie. I had NO idea of what I was missin'.

You have a NJ number 2 or meatball parm, (agggghhhhhhhhhh...meatball parm sub) you will never be able eat 12 inches of Subway shit again.

Wait, that didn't sound right...LOL

I know how that works, having ended up in my 40s looking similar to Christie.

oyarde
04-18-2012, 10:39 AM
You have a NJ number 2 or meatball parm, (agggghhhhhhhhhh...meatball parm sub) you will never be able eat 12 inches of Subway shit again.

Wait, that didn't sound right...LOL

I know how that works, having ended up in my 40s looking similar to Christie. Those subway meatballs are nasty , the bacon , egg & cheese is ok

oyarde
04-18-2012, 10:45 AM
On top of that, Papa John's was the victim of corporate harassment by Pizza Hut many, many years ago.

Pizza Hut tried to sue them, saying that they can't use that logo because there is no proof they have better ingredients.. even though Pizza Hut's slogan is "Best Pizza Under One Roof." Pretty hypocritical.

Details: I had no idea, I have eaten at Pizza Hut in Bloomington, Indiana ,(not really a pizza guy myself , but my Gal's Mother is) and it was way better than Papa Johns . When I was a youngster , we would stop by Pizza Hut once in a while on a Sunday , to get a pitcher of draft beer.

Keith and stuff
04-18-2012, 10:46 AM

Where is the evidence of this? You didn't post any evidence to even suggest Papa John's supports Romney from what I read. Papa Johns is a company, not a person. Perhaps people you know own part of the company? http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/pzza

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Ron is going to get crushed in Kentucky. I meet so many people who say they love Rand but do not like Ron. Ron's foreign policy kills him here in Kentucky.

I'd say it is actually more about the lies they hear regarding his foreign policy.

VIDEODROME
04-18-2012, 10:47 AM

Details:

Is boycotting Pizza Hut instead :p

Liberty74
04-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Probably a waste of time and energy IMO.

I buy Amy's organic and non GMO pizza anyway. Or better yet, make your own.

dannno
04-18-2012, 11:00 AM
People talk a lot of shit on Papa John's around here, but I do think they are much better than Pizza Hut and Dominos.

I mean, there are plenty of way better pizza places around here than any of those places, but the pizza costs twice as much. If I don't feel like buying a medium/large $19-$23+ pizza and instead want to buy a medium/large pizza for $5-$10, then I have to choose between Little Ceasars, Dominos, Pizza Hut and Costco. If I'm out of town then sometimes I have the option of Papa John's which I prefer.

For the record, I pretty much avoid Little Ceasars, Dominos and Pizza Hut.

oyarde
04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
People talk a lot of shit on Papa John's around here, but I do think they are much better than Pizza Hut and Dominos.

I mean, there are plenty of way better pizza places around here than any of those places, but the pizza costs twice as much. If I don't feel like buying a medium/large $19-$23+ pizza and instead want to buy a medium/large pizza for $5-$10, then I have to choose between Little Ceasars, Dominos, Pizza Hut and Costco. If I'm out of town then sometimes I have the option of Papa John's which I prefer.

For the record, I pretty much avoid Little Ceasars, Dominos and Pizza Hut. that , nearly $20 is one reason , I always opposed pizza , I can swing into the Marsh or Jay C grocer, pick up some steaks for around $15 and fire up the grill.

jmdrake
04-18-2012, 11:19 AM

Ron needs to run a commercial in Kentucky stressing how he's okay with Israel picking their own capital, even if it's Jerusalem, and locating our embassy their. It can't hurt.

azxd
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Thread is stupid !!!

mczerone
04-18-2012, 11:52 AM
If you ever endorse a candidate, should you expect everyone who does not support that candidate to boycott you?

Considering that Romney is in line to be the next terrorist-in-chief, where he will likely commit millions of violent atrocities, boycotting his vocal supporters (or Obama's) isn't simply because they chose someone we don't like.

This isn't a game, there are real lives at stake. And as such, it would be entirely irresponsible to continue to do business With people who enthusiastically fund terrorism.

But you go ahead and pretend that it's okay that these people throw their money to a tyrant.

fisharmor
04-18-2012, 12:02 PM

Now, I'm fully aware that good sandwiches generally aren't available south of the Mason-Dixon line, but you're not going to convince me that some greaser taking a dump on a hard roll is better than a po-boy.

04-18-2012, 12:08 PM

just a thought.

What are we, Al Sharpton?

Papa John's is delicious.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Now, I'm fully aware that good sandwiches generally aren't available south of the Mason-Dixon line, but you're not going to convince me that some greaser taking a dump on a hard roll is better than a po-boy.

Oh, thems fighting words.

Heaven on a hard roll.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_jdc98MTv1YU/TPUc4-FYbfI/AAAAAAAAB8g/97MToidZV6k/bilde.jpg

Now, that said, I have really come to love a good sausage jambalaya.

Bosco Warden
04-18-2012, 12:18 PM

Papa John's is delicious.

The OP is right, we need to flex our muscle on this, lets hope it works though because I do like PJ's also.

But this is how the free markets work, PJ wants to get political then he should know who's money has made him successful.

jkr
04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
their crust is butt
not enough sauce
doesnt reheat well

BAD PIE

Joey Fuller
04-19-2012, 10:13 AM
for the lulz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9DrjybyhLA

Joey Fuller
04-19-2012, 10:16 AM
JMDRAKE:
thanks for the nice comments..
I would love to make $$$ off of blogging and youtube vids.. it's hard to accomplish when you are working overtime to make ends meet due to inflation.. (Gasoline and food prices)
currently, we are working on a high quality grassroots documentary about Ron Paul.. if it's a hit, maybe we will get some profit from it.. hope to share a trailer soon

jmdrake
04-19-2012, 10:25 AM

Heaven on a hard roll.

Now, that said, I have really come to love a good sausage jambalaya.

What is that? It looks like a heart attack on a plate. Not saying that it doesn't look tasty and all. (And yeah I know the "primal" folks will say all that red meat and egg is good for you. But they'll complain about the white bread.)

jmdrake
04-19-2012, 10:32 AM
JMDRAKE:
thanks for the nice comments..
I would love to make $$$ off of blogging and youtube vids.. it's hard to accomplish when you are working overtime to make ends meet due to inflation.. (Gasoline and food prices)
currently, we are working on a high quality grassroots documentary about Ron Paul.. if it's a hit, maybe we will get some profit from it.. hope to share a trailer soon

I'm looking forward to seeing it! In the meantime, check this video out when you have a chance. It was done by a friend of mind who's making a decent amount blogging without it taking over his life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlqI3pilX8U

Oh, and I do have some project ideas I could use help on.

Sam I am
04-19-2012, 10:44 AM
that , nearly $20 is one reason , I always opposed pizza , I can swing into the Marsh or Jay C grocer, pick up some steaks for around $15 and fire up the grill.

Pizza isn't that cheap to make. When I make 10" Pan pizza at home, I end up spending roughlty $5 - $6 on the cheese, $1 on the sauce and an additional $1 on the crust. Considering that a 16" pizza is about 2.5 times as large as that, they can cost nearly $20 just for ingredients.

oyarde
04-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Pizza isn't that cheap to make. When I make 10" Pan pizza at home, I end up spending roughlty $5 - $6 on the cheese, $1 on the sauce and an additional $1 on the crust. Considering that a 16" pizza is about 2.5 times as large as that, they can cost nearly $20 just for ingredients. I know , but I would rather just stop by the butcher and pick up some cheap sirloin tip or pork shoulder cuts for less and throw it on the fire . Do not care if I ever eat pizza.

oyarde
04-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Pizza isn't that cheap to make. When I make 10" Pan pizza at home, I end up spending roughlty $5 - $6 on the cheese, $1 on the sauce and an additional $1 on the crust. Considering that a 16" pizza is about 2.5 times as large as that, they can cost nearly $20 just for ingredients. Cheese is expensive , and it is not going down ...

Anti Federalist
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
What is that? It looks like a heart attack on a plate. Not saying that it doesn't look tasty and all. (And yeah I know the "primal" folks will say all that red meat and egg is good for you. But they'll complain about the white bread.)

Lord, forgive him, for he knows not what he says.

:D

That, my brother, is the best breakfast sandwich ever conceived by the mind of man.

Jersey Breakfast

A popular breakfast sandwich in the region made with pork roll is known as the Jersey Breakfast, a "Pork Roll, Egg, and Cheese", or a "Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese." A Jersey Breakfast always contains pork roll, typically served with american cheese on a hard roll or on a bagel. It is a staple of many delis, diners, bakeries, and breakfast spots in New Jersey. In Philadelphia, the hard roll is commonly replaced with the locally ubiquitous "long roll" used for hoagies and cheesesteaks.

Hell, Ween even sang a song about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQdmKVkWbGU

puppetmaster
04-19-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote of the day!!

heavenlyboy34
04-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Reminds me of Streets Of New York. After you have some of that, the chain store stuff like Domino's tastes nothing like pizza.

donnay
04-19-2012, 03:10 PM

Details:

A picture says a 1,000 words...

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4983897757909662&id=4fac3733a6d66382f6ed971800a985b5&url=http%3a%2f%2ffarm1.staticflickr.com%2f153%2f41 5628770_58945482c9_z.jpg

Crushed Red Peppers With Radiation

I am sure the rest of their spices have been irradiated too. Not to mention the dough conditioners are loaded with MSG. *Blech*

Zippyjuan
04-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Most large political donors spread the wealth around to gain the maximum influence. They will give contributions to both political parties at the same time and Papa John's is a big company with lots of money to spread around. .

HOLLYWOOD
04-19-2012, 04:28 PM
GLADLY, their pie SUCKSsecond that... it's shit. You'd be better off with; a loaf of bread, package of Velveeta, and a bottle of ketchup.

sailingaway
04-19-2012, 05:12 PM
My understanding is they donated to either or both Ron and / or Rand in prior races

heavenlyboy34
04-19-2012, 05:33 PM
And with good reason. Red meat and eggs are high quality sources of protein. Bread is just empty calories and causes insulin to spike (like sugar).

Jingles
04-19-2012, 05:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/V6nWo.jpg

dannno
04-19-2012, 05:54 PM
second that... it's shit. You'd be better off with; a loaf of bread, package of Velveeta, and a bottle of ketchup.

Sometimes I have to wonder if the Papa Johns in So Cal are better than the rest of the country. I mean, I'm not trying to compare them to the good pizza places, but they are better than the other bad fastfood pizza places like dominos/pizza hut/little ceasars.. and those places were GREAT when I was a kid. Now I know where they get their ingredients and I only order from there if that's the only choice and there is a group of people ordering and I'm pitching in on it or something.. but it still doesn't taste bad. It's really hard to make bad cheesebreadandsauce.

TexanRudeBoy
04-19-2012, 06:44 PM
And with good reason. Red meat and eggs are high quality sources of protein. Bread is just empty calories and causes insulin to spike (like sugar).

Complex carbs, unlike simple sugars (sucrose, which is fructose and glucose), don't cause the body to immediately release insulin to break it down, ie they don't cause insulin levels to spike in a healthy person. This would be why you don't experience a sugar high after eating complex starches like breads, beans, pastas etc. Besides, bread is certainly more than empty calories. I'm not referring to that white stuff they sell at the grocery store that defies nature and lasts for weeks on the counter.

So much hype around "diets" and what not, but its not very complicated. Eat a variety of fresh foods, avoid processed foods where possible, and don't eat too much.

flybeech
04-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I generally don't go in much for boycotts, but I don't buy their pizza anyway, so this ought to be easy. Right now, my main concern is helping Oklahoma 4th District repeat what our 3rd and 5th Districts did and then worry about the at-large delegates at state. Now if someone offered me a free slice of Papa John's, I wouldn't turn it down.

oyarde
04-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I generally don't go in much for boycotts, but I don't buy their pizza anyway, so this ought to be easy. Right now, my main concern is helping Oklahoma 4th District repeat what our 3rd and 5th Districts did and then worry about the at-large delegates at state. Now if someone offered me a free slice of Papa John's, I wouldn't turn it down. Get me a district , it is on me.

oyarde
04-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Sometimes I have to wonder if the Papa Johns in So Cal are better than the rest of the country. I mean, I'm not trying to compare them to the good pizza places, but they are better than the other bad fastfood pizza places like dominos/pizza hut/little ceasars.. and those places were GREAT when I was a kid. Now I know where they get their ingredients and I only order from there if that's the only choice and there is a group of people ordering and I'm pitching in on it or something.. but it still doesn't taste bad. It's really hard to make bad cheesebreadandsauce. Must be better there , may be because you get all that sunshine.

oyarde
04-19-2012, 11:03 PM

Papa John's is delicious. Screw Rev Al the greedy turd , if you see that ignorant punk , tell him I owe him a beer , fucksticks like him should keep the IRS too busy to find me ;)

oyarde
04-19-2012, 11:06 PM

Heaven on a hard roll.

Now, that said, I have really come to love a good sausage jambalaya. Looks good and I just had a burger and some hash browns ...

jdcole
04-19-2012, 11:11 PM
I actually really like their pizza. Not only that, but while you may "hurt" the corporate entity of Papa Johns, you'll really be damaging the franchisees more - individuals who aren't associated with the founder. No point in hurting a small business owner (that's what a franchisee of a single store is).

TruthisTreason
04-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Mitt raised 300 grand tonight (http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/Mitt-Romney-in-Louisville-for-fundraiser-148087115.html) in KY.

For the record: I've received 3 mailers from Romney.

oyarde
04-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Mitt raised 300 grand tonight (http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/Mitt-Romney-in-Louisville-for-fundraiser-148087115.html) in KY.

For the record: I've received 3 mailers from Romney. I only get mailers from Congress, Senate & State Reps .

TruthisTreason
04-19-2012, 11:38 PM
I only get mailers from Congress, Senate & State Reps .

All the pres candidates hit me at some point, even Cain (several times). Romney has put out 3 mailers in (KY) the last 2 months. Mostly attacking Obama, then asking for money, never volunteers.

RickyJ
04-19-2012, 11:47 PM
No need to boycott them, their pizza sucks, would rather have DiGiorno's and I am not kidding. When I want take out pizza, I usually get it from Pizza Hut.

oyarde
04-20-2012, 12:04 AM
All the pres candidates hit me at some point, even Cain (several times). Romney has put out 3 mailers in (KY) the last 2 months. Mostly attacking Obama, then asking for money, never volunteers. Amazing , now that you mention it , I have only ever , recvd one mailer asking for volunteerism and it was from a congressional , primary candidate . Hell , everyone should be asking for THAT ...

oyarde
04-20-2012, 12:06 AM
i GUESS THEY USUALLY DO ASK FOR MONEY , IF NOT ALREADY IN OFFICE ...

unklejman
04-20-2012, 07:41 AM
I've been boycotting Papa John's ever since Marco's and Hungy Howie's moved in.

oyarde
04-20-2012, 10:46 AM
I've been boycotting Papa John's ever since Marco's and Hungy Howie's moved in. There is a Marcos a few miles from my place , it is pretty good , but very pricey.

Gary W Trott
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
If I boycotted every company that did something I don't like I would have nothing to eat, wear, drive to work in, sleep in, etc...

oyarde
04-20-2012, 11:06 AM
If I boycotted every company that did something I don't like I would have nothing to eat, wear, drive to work in, sleep in, etc... Could get difficult

Fox McCloud
04-20-2012, 12:14 PM

+rep

Why the hell can't you get a decent pizza or sub outside of the tri-state area?

Because tastes, like value, is subjective? =p

unklejman
04-20-2012, 02:11 PM
There is a Marcos a few miles from my place , it is pretty good , but very pricey.

I usually pay around $9-10 for a large two topping, not that bad. Hungry Howie's is comparable but a little cheaper.

juleswin
04-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Anyone who says Papa John makes bad pizza is a fucking liar. Their crush has the right texture, they are very generous with their sauce, the topping are fresh and pilled in generous amount. The only problem I can see with PJ is that it doesn't reheat very well. Yes I will boycott PJ because supporting an institution who is ok with bankrupting your country and leading it towards a complete police state is not something I will support with my money.

Just don't tell me they make bad pizza

DerailingDaTrain
04-20-2012, 08:27 PM
*whew* What a relief. I need me some papa johns. I'll wean myself of after I find a subsitute brand I like.

The best pizza you'll ever get is never at a chain.

PaulStandsTall
04-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Before I entered this thread, I had a suspicion it would turn to a "Who has the best pizza lol" discussion.

Leaving thread satisfied. My view is this:
Authentic > Papa Johns > Dominos> Little C > Pizza Hut

Also I want to drop this quote in here.

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for what kind of world you want.

oyarde
04-20-2012, 10:01 PM
I usually pay around $9-10 for a large two topping, not that bad. Hungry Howie's is comparable but a little cheaper. My Gal made me go get one on a Sun evening , about a month ago , large , two topping , $17 . It was good , but I would rather have had meatloaf , mashed potatoes & gravy , green beans @ home , for in under $7 . I love her , knew she wanted apizzza , so I did :)

oyarde
04-20-2012, 10:05 PM
The best pizza you'll ever get is never at a chain. I would suppose that is true , but , then they also are not going to get the huge discounts , etc , from , say , a 24/7 tomato factory making specifically for them etc , and if I have to pay more the 5 or 6 bucks , I would rather make dinner at home.

libertarian4321
04-21-2012, 01:23 AM
I don't normally do boycotts, but this one is easy, since I prefer Pizza Hut anyway.

unklejman
04-21-2012, 06:11 AM
My Gal made me go get one on a Sun evening , about a month ago , large , two topping , $17 . It was good , but I would rather have had meatloaf , mashed potatoes & gravy , green beans @ home , for in under $7 . I love her , knew she wanted apizzza , so I did :)

I have actually been trying to eat more raw foods and a lot of spinach and brocoli and less meat etc... But sometimes you just gotta have some pizza. I think the one here is cheaper (always having specials) because they are right down the street from $5 Little Caesar pizzas. Hungry Howie's meets them closer at $6, but I hardly ever just want cheese or pepperoni so I usually end up spending about $8 anyway, and they are a lot further away than Marco's.

juleswin
04-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Before I entered this thread, I had a suspicion it would turn to a "Who has the best pizza lol" discussion.

Leaving thread satisfied. My view is this:
Authentic > Papa Johns > Dominos> Little C > Pizza Hut

Also I want to drop this quote in here.

love the quote at the end/. When you can boycott and still fairly live your life without interuption, do it. Ofc this is very limited because its hard to boycott say like the oil companies without turning your life upside down. So a pizza chain supporting the new tyrannt is a very easy target for boycott. Papa john is my pizza of choice during football games but I can easily find an equally as good substitue.

And your ranking is same with mine. There is a reason why Pape Johns is more expensive than Pizza hut and dominos and the reason is in the quality of ingredients and taste. My ranking is Local shop > Papa Johns > God fathers> dominos > Pizza Hut > little C/local grocery pizza. So for those who havent tried Papa johns, please stop slagging it off

speciallyblend
04-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Gladly boycott,next shift I work . I will be tossing all the papa johns stuff out,bye bye 150 rooms

Tudo
04-21-2012, 08:06 AM
I will never order from papa johns again. Carve that into stone

No Free Beer
04-21-2012, 08:15 AM
who cares? they have the right to support whomever they want.