PDA

View Full Version : Don't feed Pollster Troll! [TwinTurboMike, JeffBoste, PollM]

Pharoah
11-15-2007, 02:30 AM
The user calls himself TwinTurboMike / JeffBoste / PollM / DBlake and is seeking to profit from analysing Ron Paul Supporters via his private company "Youpolls.com"
Please stop feeding this pollster troll. We don't know who he's selling the information to - nor why they want it.
***NEW*** He just created a new ID at Dailypaul.com - DBlake.
See: http://dailypaul.com/node/7990
He also created the same poll here under the name PollM.

happyphilter
11-15-2007, 02:33 AM
k thanks for the heads up. I was a little suspicious about his first post=p

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 02:43 AM
good. please report to moderators, have this guy banned.

r3volution
11-15-2007, 02:46 AM
i think he is on to something , he is defiantly right about that pollm guy .. i think he is just trying to get hits on his site to make $ ..

constituent
11-15-2007, 07:06 AM
bumpitty for the who is support thread on pg1

yongrel
11-15-2007, 07:14 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll only see more of his ilk in future.

Could the mods block his IP address or something, so that he can't just create new accounts?

Pride
11-15-2007, 07:40 AM

Could the mods block his IP address or something, so that he can't just create new accounts?

Unfortunately, it's not hard to get around an IP ban these days :(

But don't jump the gun. I don't know who this person is, but it would be fair to see proof before accusing someone of something.

bolidew
11-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Folks, please ignore all those "spying" polls.

r3volution
11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately, it's not hard to get around an IP ban these days :(

But don't jump the gun. I don't know who this person is, but it would be fair to see proof before accusing someone of something.

if you look at pollm posts it is pretty obvious . the others dont have many posts so its hard to tell . the mods can compare IP's though ..

Pharoah
11-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Okay, I caught onto this guy at Dailypaul.com where he posted nothing but polls as "PollM". They all pointed at "Youpolls.com" - a site with a protected [hidden] registrant. I posted a warning about "PollM" both here and at Dailypaul.com and he stopped posting, only to be replaced by "JeffBoste" - a guy that followed the same pattern in pointing to "Youpolls.com" I then posted a warning about "JeffBoste". JeffBoste recently posted a poll at Dailypaul.com asking "What party do you consider yourself." Surprise, surprise, "Twinturbomike" pops up here with a thread of the same name - featuring the same poll at Youpolls.com

If you want more, just Google their user names. You'll find his polls popping up at various sites. eg. PollM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/users/profile/PollM
[His recent posts alone consist of over 30 polls.]
Use the search function on this forum with PollM to see a list of polls he created.
Jeffboste - colbertnation 4 posts[3 polls]
ronpaulforums.com - 7 posts - [3 polls]
twinturbomike - (a new ID) - two posts [1 poll].

Pharoah
11-16-2007, 12:58 PM
I found an old quote from PollM that may give a clue about his role.

This year I am responsible with predicting which presidential hopeful the state of Utah will embrace. This poll is designed to help me get a pulse on which candidate Utah state-registered democrats and Utah independents will vote for on February 5th, 2008.

So it seems he's a hired gun wanting to get a read on the support for Ron Paul.

Pharoah
11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
***NEW*** He just created a new ID at Dailypaul.com - DBlake.
See: http://dailypaul.com/node/7990
He also created the same poll here under the name PollM.

Pharoah
12-03-2007, 12:38 AM
I just reported 3 more polls he posted here as PollM. Fortunately, we have some smart members that are "catching on, I tell ya" to the Poll Troll. Moderators, please save us the hassle and ban this guy already.

hillertexas
12-03-2007, 12:40 AM

maybe we need a "most wanted poster" type thread for keeping people informed of known (CONFIRMED) trolls

TwinTurboMike
12-09-2007, 01:49 AM
I'd like to set the record straight here:

1) I don't post regularly on ronpaulforums.com, but rather on ronpaul.meetup.com/boards under the same name; "TwinTurboMike" displayed name as "Mike B" (frequently I might add). Go post there. Ask them what I've contributed. They'll confirm my identity I assure you.

2) Yes, I did create two polls on YouPolls.com and no I have no affiliation with YouPolls.com. I simply wanted to satisfy a curiosity for which I was unable to find related polls for. Yes, I am "TwinTurboMike" on YouPolls. Naturally, if you post a poll about Ron Paul, you want to know what Ron Paul supporters think right? Well, guess where all of the Ron Paul supporters are? RPForums and Meetup. Is it such a stretch to imagine that someone would solicit a poll about Ron Paul at Ron Paul forums? I guess so.

3) I often post on Digg as, drumroll.... "TwinTurboMike" Go figure!
I often Digg up posts on www.digg.com as, again, "TwinTurboMike", related to Ron Paul. Gee, imagine that. Go look. Surprise yourself.

4) Here's another one of my contributions: A custom Google search which searches Ron Paul specific pages: http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=009360726837419742137%3Azzmccada0qa&hl=en

You can go see my post, which is pinned to the top at the Ron Paul Meetup main page with the same search link. Hopefully some of you will find it useful without going off on some wild tangent and coming up with some crazy idea how I created it to make Google a boatload of money or trying to lure you away from supporting Ron Paul or some other hairbrained idea.

Quit being so damn paranoid and make connections between unrelated things. I am neither DBlake or PollM as mentioned in this thread, and have no clue who they are. My guess, as to whatever that link used to point to, was that the guy simply copied my YouPoll and recreated something at the resulting page and some clever "Sherlock Holmes" jumped to the conclusion that I was him. Wonderful.

Last but not least, to those who've falsely identified me, don't ever become detectives. You'd suck at it. No offense. :p

Cheers!
Mike

terryp
12-09-2007, 08:41 AM
^^^