PDA

View Full Version : Time 4 Flyers

No Free Beer
04-17-2012, 07:31 AM
As we have learned, our wonderful government will soon be voting on SOPA 2.0 (CISPA)

For any of our members who have been living under a rock for the last three weeks, here ya go:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57413627-93/say-hello-to-cispa-it-will-remind-you-of-sopa/

We need to band together and prevent this crap from passing.

If anyone of you are college students, this is the best place to go and hand out flyers.

Yes, flyers.

Take an hour out of your day, stand in the most highly trafficked area on campus and just inform people to contact their lawmakers.

If we don't stop this, like we did with SOPA, things are going to get bad.

Someone design a flyer and we will all use that same flyer. The only difference is you will put your own lawmaker's info on it.

Tiso0770
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
I agree, last count was 106 congressman endorsing the bill. Find the 106 Congressmen and THROW THEM OUT!!.

I for one, don't want private organizations to read my Emails, (not like i have anything to hide, more like junk mail).

ACTA+SOPA and another i can't think of right now = CISPA

ShibbitySparks
04-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Make those "Ron Paul wants YOU to Stop CISPA!" flyers and I'm game. We need to start packaging Paul's message and his candidacy with the sort of reforms he would bring. When you're trying to convince people to vote for Ron, you should start by agreeing with them on some issue (like internet freedom) and then getting them to agree to some course of action in support of that issue (like stopping CISPA) that has nothing to do with Ron Paul. You see...now you've got your foot in the door, as they say. Now you can say "Oh and bee tee dubs, Ron Paul has been pretty vocal about this issue too, so if you want to [fix said issue] then I'd throw my support behind him .

All sorts of psychological leading going on here. Now is the time to mobilize and convince people, to grow and grow until we reach critical mass. We aren't going to do that with just RonPaulRonPaulRonPaulRonPaul like we've been doing. That's great for organizing the base and inspiring determination in the supporters, but we need to take a look at how to break through to [I]everyone.