PDA

View Full Version : Cops Arrest 6-Year-Old Girl for Misbehaving at School

green73
04-17-2012, 06:47 AM
MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. - Milledgeville police say they handcuffed an elementary school student for safety after she allegedly threw a tantrum.

"She has mood swings some days, which all of us had mood swings some days. I guess that was just one of her bad days that day," said Constance Ruff, the child's mother.

"She might have misbehaved, but I don't think she misbehaved to the point where she should have been handcuffed and taken downtown to the police department," said Aunt Candace Ruff.

According to the police report, kindergartner Salecia Johnson was crying in the principal's office at Creekside Elementary before police arrived Friday. The report says when the officer tried to calm the child, she resisted and was cuffed.

"Our policy is that any detainee transported to our station in a patrol vehicle is to be handcuffed in the back. There is no age discrimination on that rule," said Milledgeville Chief of Police Dray Swicord.

continues
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/178448/175/Milledgeville-Police-Handcuff-6-Year-Old-Girl

Travlyr
04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Handcuff? Who in their right mind would handcuff a 6 year old kid?

fisharmor
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM

Someone working for a branch of government with a documented track record of excluding applicants over a certain IQ...
...who therefore can't piece together the fact that for every two slaves he creates, there's a third who turns out to be a revolutionary....
...and also can't piece together that those numbers are extremely unfavorable to him.

Schifference
04-17-2012, 07:15 AM
What ever happened to calling the parents to come to the school? Why must parents furnish every conceivable contact number and keep them up to date? Parents should be called not the police.

MelissaCato
04-17-2012, 07:16 AM
WTF

jkr
04-17-2012, 07:31 AM
behavioral conditioning

tod evans
04-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Why are there cops in a kindergarten?

slamhead
04-17-2012, 07:38 AM
behavioral conditioning

Yep! Get them while they are young so they will fear you and become your slaves.

newbitech
04-17-2012, 07:46 AM
pay attention to the terminology...

The report says when the officer tried to calm the child,

she resisted

and was cuffed.
So let me calm you down by putting you in hand cuffs. That will probably work better than talking about something all little kids like.

There is no age discrimination

on that rule

So let me tell you all the rules where age discrimination DOES apply.

Cops are just morons. So are teachers. Anyone who works for government is a complete moron, besides a select few.

tfurrh
04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Georgia....Newt Gingrich country.

Edit: thas was meant in jest: (I used to live in Jackson, GA.), and besides, stuff like this is happening everywhere.

Danke
04-17-2012, 08:07 AM
Little children can bite.

osan
04-17-2012, 08:15 AM
continues
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/178448/175/Milledgeville-Police-Handcuff-6-Year-Old-Girl

Policy? How about a policy of intolerance to cops who do not know how to properly comport themselves? How about a policy of hunting and killing them in pursuit of the defense of human rights? Yeah, I bet they would like that a whole bunch.

Time is upon us. It is not "coming". It is here. It is now.

Choose.

Lucille
04-17-2012, 08:22 AM
A majority of the commenters are unsurprisingly supportive of this, and many think corporal punishment would prevent incidents like that from happening. "Spare the rod, spoil the child." They seem to be under the misguided impression that shepherds beat their sheep with the rod.

Police should not be doing what has traditionally been the remit of teachers and parents. It is very worrying for children to be familiarized with police authority at such a young age in a setting such as a school (http://www.theamericanconservative.com/blog/2012/04/11/stop-locking-up-so-many-kids/).

tfurrh
04-17-2012, 08:39 AM
A majority of the commenters are unsurprisingly supportive of this

Wow, the comments are terrible.

donnay
04-17-2012, 08:46 AM

The Nazis!

Oh history does repeat itself! :mad:

The Evolution of Secret Police Forces (http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/society/A0861010.html)

azxd
04-17-2012, 09:30 AM
The result of get rich quick, sue happy parents ... School officials have no other choice.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Pander to the least common denominator.

pcosmar
04-17-2012, 09:39 AM
The result of get rich quick, sue happy parents ... School officials have no other choice.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Pander to the least common denominator.

A very good reason for the end of the "school system".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2AEZosrqaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=okPnDZ1Txlo

angelatc
04-17-2012, 09:42 AM

Who in their right mind would call the police because a six year old was having a tantrum?

Ben Bernanke
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Did you guys even read the article or watch the video? I'd probably have put the kid in handcuffs too, sounded way out of control. Sounds like a classic case of the parents horribly failing to discipline their child.

Obviously taking the kid to the police department and charging her was waaay over the top.

The Free Hornet
04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Fuck it! I've seen enough of the way children behave today to not give a damn about toddlers getting cuff'd or pepper-sprayed or tazed.

I am not an advocate of corporeal punishment, but when I mouthed off to my parents, I sure as hell knew which way to run (and fast!). Consequences were swift (usually just being sent to my room for 15 minutes - a spanking was rear but a slap would not be uncalled for or getting the mouth washed out with soap). These days, kids are "punished" by having rewards witheld as their meltdown tantrums drag on and on and on.

I went to a private school where the principle carried a cane and you did NOT want to be sent to her. Actually she was pretty nice but still inspired fear to the benefit of the school. What is fucked up about these stories is that parents, teachers, and administrators are so hamstrung, that the only thing left is cold, harsh reality (cops, imprisonment).

I'm not a parent and I have no solutions, but strongly suspect that the cops are the least fucked up part of the story. We never needed the cops called to deal with these problems and I'm not sure what else the cop should use. Baton? Tazer? Gun?

azxd
04-17-2012, 09:57 AM
A very good reason for the end of the public "school system".

Fixed it for you ;)

azxd
04-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Did you guys even read the article or watch the video? I'd probably have put the kid in handcuffs too, sounded way out of control. Sounds like a classic case of the parents horribly failing to discipline their child.

Obviously taking the kid to the police department and charging her was waaay over the top.LOL does not fit agenda.
Vilify LE is the rule of the day.

donnay
04-17-2012, 10:06 AM
LOL does not fit agenda.
Vilify LE is the rule of the day.

That's because they aren't law enforcement--if they were they would enforce the constitution!!!! They are the armed enforcement for the banksters! Get it?

Lishy
04-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Is this story real? It's possible it was just made up. I don't trust the source. Do they even make handcuffs small enough for 6 year olds?

azxd
04-17-2012, 10:14 AM
That's because they aren't law enforcement--if they were they would enforce the constitution!!!! They are the armed enforcement for the banksters! Get it?NOPE !!!
The agenda is cop vilification ... Very few bankster stories in this section of the forum, and fewer still from the vilify crowd.

Lucille
04-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Not all kids can handle spending all day in an institution (http://www.lewrockwell.com/gatto/gatto-uhae-pre.html).

Most of us tacitly accept the pragmatic terms of public school which allow every kind of psychic violence to be inflicted on Bianca in order to fulfill the prime directive of the system: putting children in their place. It's called "social efficiency."

Her mother, Constance Ruff, says her daughter was suspended and cannot return to school until August.

I'm sure that little girl is beside herself with grief...

green73
04-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Is this story real? It's possible it was just made up. I don't trust the source. Do they even make handcuffs small enough for 6 year olds?

Handcuffs close all the way (i.e. you can cuff a twig).

azxd
04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Not all kids can handle spending all day in an institution (http://www.lewrockwell.com/gatto/gatto-uhae-pre.html).
I'm sure that little girl is beside herself with grief...Fear not ... Mommy probably bought her ice cream, and some new toys.

donnay
04-17-2012, 10:19 AM
NOPE !!!
The agenda is cop vilification ... Very few bankster stories in this section of the forum, and fewer still from the vilify crowd.

Aren't they the ones who have the guns and badges who think they are above the law? Look at the court dockets from all over the country and see how many cops get off the hook for murder! Then come back to the discussion. Liberty-minded people, like myself are disgusted!

I cannot speak for everybody, but I know that cops are the enforcement for the banksters. They are the standing army that the founders warned us about. Anyone who would don a uniform and carry a badge and gun to protect the banksters are traitors! Plain and simple!

tod evans
04-17-2012, 10:20 AM

http://www.audio-tuning-pithan.de/fotos/Kabelbinder.JPG

azxd
04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Aren't they the ones who have the guns and badges who think they are above the law? Look at the court dockets from all over the country and see how many cops get off the hook for murder! Then come back to the discussion. Liberty-minded people, like myself are disgusted!

I cannot speak for everybody, but I know that cops are the enforcement for the banksters. They are the standing army that the founders warned us about. Anyone who would don a uniform and carry a badge and gun to protect the banksters are traitors! Plain and simple!So this is all misdirection ... Protecting the banksters via diversion ?

azxd
04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Fuck it! I've seen enough of the way children behave today to not give a damn about toddlers getting cuff'd or pepper-sprayed or tazed.

I am not an advocate of corporeal punishment, but when I mouthed off to my parents, I sure as hell knew which way to run (and fast!). Consequences were swift (usually just being sent to my room for 15 minutes - a spanking was rear but a slap would not be uncalled for or getting the mouth washed out with soap). These days, kids are "punished" by having rewards witheld as their meltdown tantrums drag on and on and on.

I went to a private school where the principle carried a cane and you did NOT want to be sent to her. Actually she was pretty nice but still inspired fear to the benefit of the school. What is fucked up about these stories is that parents, teachers, and administrators are so hamstrung, that the only thing left is cold, harsh reality (cops, imprisonment).

I'm not a parent and I have no solutions, but strongly suspect that the cops are the least fucked up part of the story. We never needed the cops called to deal with these problems and I'm not sure what else the cop should use. Baton? Tazer? Gun?TRUTH

donnay
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
So this is all misdirection ... Protecting the banksters via diversion ?

The Bankster control this country--it all started in 1913. Many of the laws set since are clearly unconstitutional.

The agenda is to make you a criminal and seize all you have before they incarcerate you or murder you!

NiceGoing
04-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Fear not ... Mommy probably bought her ice cream, and some new toys.

From which brutal outer planet - did YOU arrive on planet Earth?? We don't terrorize our children, understand?

azxd
04-17-2012, 10:42 AM
The Bankster control this country--it all started in 1913. Many of the laws set since are clearly unconstitutional.

The agenda is to make you a criminal and seize all you have before they incarcerate you or murder you!Not gonna argue 1913, because I know the history.

So,
Tell this to the ones who only wish to vilify LE ... Per your description, you'd almost think all this diversion AWAy from the banksters is intentional.

azxd
04-17-2012, 10:44 AM
From which brutal outer planet - did YOU arrive on planet Earth?? We don't terrorize our children, understand?Who created this situation ?

The parent, the school, or the officer ?

phill4paul
04-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Who created this situation ?

The parent, the school, or the officer ?

"Ooh-ooh-ooooh! Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter! All three? And dat kid dat was involved. So all four?"

donnay
04-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Not gonna argue 1913, because I know the history.

So,
Tell this to the ones who only wish to vilify LE ... Per your description, you'd almost think all this diversion AWAy from the banksters is intentional.

The cops are the enforcement for the banksters, just like I said. The legislators (almost all) are in the pockets of the banksters...they make the laws--the unconstitutional laws.

Case in point:

Goldman Sachs: Too Big To Obey The Law (http://baselinescenario.com/2010/04/19/goldman-sachs-too-big-to-obey-the-law/)

azxd
04-17-2012, 10:52 AM
"Ooh-ooh-ooooh! Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter! All three? And dat kid dat was involved. So all four?"And the ultimate responsibility is who's ?

azxd
04-17-2012, 10:53 AM
The cops are the enforcement for the banksters, just like I said. The legislators (almost all) are in the pockets of the banksters...they make the laws--the unconstitutional laws.

Case in point:

Goldman Sachs: Too Big To Obey The Law (http://baselinescenario.com/2010/04/19/goldman-sachs-too-big-to-obey-the-law/)Therefore focusing on a tool of the banksters is a diversion ... Glad we agree.

donnay
04-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Therefore focusing on a tool of the banksters is a diversion ... Glad we agree.

We don't agree. You just don't get it. :rolleyes: The cops are a tool.

azxd
04-17-2012, 10:56 AM
We don't agree. You just don't get it. :rolleyes: The cops are a tool.NO, you don't get it ... Focusing on the tool is a diversion away from who wields the tool.

As you said, the banksters are the problem.

phill4paul
04-17-2012, 10:57 AM
And the ultimate responsibility is who's ?

"Ooh-ooh-ooooh! Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter! Da guberment? Day force 'em to go to school din day don't let the school correct dem and day arrest da parents, and take dem kids away, if day try to correct dem."

donnay
04-17-2012, 10:59 AM
NO, you don't get it ... Focusing on the tool is a diversion away from who wields the tool.

So when a cop tasers, torture and kill you because you didn't pay your speeding ticket or do not comply with identifying yourself that is okay?

azxd
04-17-2012, 11:01 AM
So when a cop tasers, torture and kill you because you didn't pay your speeding ticket or do not comply with identifying yourself that is okay?Per you ... I should blame the banksters.
Stop diverting from your reality.

azxd
04-17-2012, 11:03 AM
"Ooh-ooh-ooooh! Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter! Da guberment? Day force 'em to go to school din day don't let the school correct dem and day arrest da parents, and take dem kids away, if day try to correct dem."Private/home school is still an option.

Why not just admit that the parent has failed ... See post #20

donnay
04-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Per you ... I should blame the banksters.
Stop diverting from your reality.

The reality is, there are hundreds of thousands of cases of police brutality over people not complying to their demands. The banksters gave them this power and power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Brian4Liberty
04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Who in their right mind would call the police because a six year old was having a tantrum?

There's the root of the problem from the standpoint of society in general. Of course the Officers did not handle it well, but why were they there in the first place? Why couldn't the school handle it as they have for generations (which means calling the parents and suspending the kid)?

We live in a Mommy-authoritarian society now. This was an instance where the threat is "wait till your father gets home", and our official father figure is the Police and Military. They are the Daddy who can (must) be called when discipline is necessary or Mommy can't or won't take care of a problem. No one else may play the role of Daddy, especially not untrained mundanes. This is the role of Daddy. And eventually, only Daddy will be able to have arms. All mundanes must be disarmed, as that is exclusively the domain of Big Daddy.

Brian4Liberty
04-17-2012, 11:25 AM
The cops are a tool.

Yep, and they are expected to be as reasonable and discerning as a bag of hammers.

(At least this is the expectation of their role as defined by our masters. Kudos to those officers that do exercise common sense.)

azxd
04-17-2012, 11:28 AM
The reality is, there are hundreds of thousands of cases of police brutality over people not complying to their demands. The banksters gave them this power and power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.Thus focusing on the tool is nothing more than a diversion.

jmdrake
04-17-2012, 11:47 AM

The same kind of person who would handcuff a 5 year old kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Ig34hQQXo

This is becoming par for the course. Parents and teachers can't discipline because that's "child abuse" so the police are brought in and they have immunity to do whatever they want.

jmdrake
04-17-2012, 11:55 AM

Obviously taking the kid to the police department and charging her was waaay over the top.

1) Even "well disciplined" children can have bad days. My kids were well behaved before going to school. Peer groups can be a mother.
2) Anyone who can't physically restrain a 6 y/o child without resorting to handcuffs doesn't need to be in the business of supervising kids.
3) This is a systematic failure. Thanks to the foolishness of "Dr. Spock" schools no longer have paddles but they do have hotlines to patrol cars.

Anti Federalist
04-17-2012, 11:57 AM
So this is all misdirection ... Protecting the banksters via diversion ?

When have cops really done any different?

Who was busting heads at Ford in the 1930s?

Who was enforcing the mine owners edicts in West Virginia?

Who is arresting people today outside the Fed?

Keeping all the serfs in line, that's the job of police and why I and others consistently point that the entire concept of police is antithetical to a free society.

Constitutional sheriffs and duly sworn citizen deputies.

jmdrake
04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Private/home school is still an option.

Why not just admit that the parent has failed ... See post #20

Did you read post # 20? If you did you didn't understand it. Parents who employ corporal punishment at times face sanction by the government and such sanction may be initiated by meddling teachers. Further nothing is 100%. Some kids shake off a whooping like it was nothing. I know. I was that type of kid.

Anti Federalist
04-17-2012, 12:00 PM

This is becoming par for the course. Parents and teachers can't discipline because that's "child abuse" so the police are brought in and they have immunity to do whatever they want.

Was just going to post this.

Traditional discipline will get you a visit from CPS in many cases.

Not to mention nobody bothers to raise their children anyway. They put them in the institutions from infancy and that is all that kid knows, daycare, preschool, school.

Anti Federalist
04-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Did you read post # 20? If you did you didn't understand it. Parents who employ corporal punishment at times face sanction by the government and such sanction may be initiated by meddling teachers. Further nothing is 100%. Some kids shake off a whooping like it was nothing. I know. I was that type of kid.

Don't waste your time, Drake.

Mundane is always wrong, cop is always right = azxd.

:D

azxd
04-17-2012, 12:01 PM
People afraid to discipline their own children.

azxd
04-17-2012, 12:02 PM
http://bcove.me/pgpvbed3

SHE JUS HAZ HER MOODSZ

Hopefully this will turn her around, because mom sure ain't gonna do it.

Anti Federalist
04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
NO, you don't get it ... Focusing on the tool is a diversion away from who wields the tool.

As long as the controllers are wielding the hammer, and bashing people in the head with it, I'm going to continue, in my own small way, to tell people how to best avoid being bashed with the hammer.

jmdrake
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
People afraid to discipline their own children.

http://bcove.me/pgpvbed3

SHE JUS HAZ HER MOODSZ

Hopefully this will turn her around, because mom sure ain't gonna do it.

:rolleyes: You just don't get it do you? If mom and dad had taken extreme measures to discipline their child the teacher likely would have reported them to the cops and they could have been taken away in handcuffs. It's a system that gets you both ways. And yes, the "banksters" profit handsomely from it.

brushfire
04-17-2012, 12:22 PM
The State will take care if its children...

phill4paul
04-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Private/home school is still an option.

And will more than likely bring you under the scrutiny of the DSS.

jmdrake
04-17-2012, 12:36 PM
And will more than likely bring you under the scrutiny of the DSS.

Homeschoolers are pretty well respected and quite common these days. And they are developing a strong lobby. Here in TN homeschoolers shot down a plan to force homeschool children to take standardized tests. In Arkansas they have to and recently they are being told that since the standardized tests are paid for by the state they aren't allowed to pray before taking them. :o That further underscores the hypocrisy of the homeschool legal defense association (HLDA) of endorsing Mike Huckabee in 2008 instead of Ron Paul. (Huckabee signed the test requirement law). And this even though Ron Paul, by their own standards, had a higher score of supporting homeschooling. Their reasoning? Because Huckabee "understands the threat of Islamic extremism". What does that have to do with homeschooling? :confused:

azxd
04-17-2012, 12:37 PM
:rolleyes: You just don't get it do you? If mom and dad had taken extreme measures to discipline their child the teacher likely would have reported them to the cops and they could have been taken away in handcuffs. It's a system that gets you both ways. And yes, the "banksters" profit handsomely from it.Discipline does not need to be extreme ... Does it ?

From Prison Planet:

You reap what you sow. Remember that when your child is killed for misbehaving in school.

azxd
04-17-2012, 12:40 PM
And will more than likely bring you under the scrutiny of the DSS.Live in fear if you must ... But many home school or use private education as an alternative to public education.

However,
Neither can adequately deal with a parent who does not teach their child to be responsible for their actions.

phill4paul
04-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Homeschoolers are pretty well respected and quite common these days. And they are developing a strong lobby. Here in TN homeschoolers shot down a plan to force homeschool children to take standardized tests. In Arkansas they have to and recently they are being told that since the standardized tests are paid for by the state they aren't allowed to pray before taking them. :o That further underscores the hypocrisy of the homeschool legal defense association (HLDA) of endorsing Mike Huckabee in 2008 instead of Ron Paul. (Huckabee signed the test requirement law). And this even though Ron Paul, by their own standards, had a higher score of supporting homeschooling. Their reasoning? Because Huckabee "understands the threat of Islamic extremism". What does that have to do with homeschooling? :confused:

I stand corrected. It seems as if great strides have been made on the home-schooling front in the last decade.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/display_exclusive.html?id=1182

phill4paul
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Live in fear if you must ... But many home school or use private education as an alternative to public education.

However,
Neither can adequately deal with a parent who does not teach their child to be responsible for their actions.

I don't. ;) Coulda sworn I explained this in another thread.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
That's bullshit. I've been in a cop car and wasn't handcuffed before.

phill4paul
04-17-2012, 12:51 PM
That's bullshit. I've been in a cop car and wasn't handcuffed before.

There's been times when I was handcuffed in the back and times when they let me ride shot-gun with no shackles. Depends on the cop.

jmdrake
04-17-2012, 12:53 PM
I stand corrected. It seems as if great strides have been made on the home-schooling front in the last decade.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/display_exclusive.html?id=1182

Thanks for the article! It is indeed concerning that the DSS put that family under scrutiny for no good reason and I'm glad the judge in the case dismissed the DSS complaint. I'm also glad to see the role the HSLDA took. Now if they would endorse presidential candidates based on who was actually good for homeschoolers rather than their personal beliefs about foreign policy.

phill4paul
04-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the article! It is indeed concerning that the DSS put that family under scrutiny for no good reason and I'm glad the judge in the case dismissed the DSS complaint. I'm also glad to see the role the HSLDA took. Now if they would endorse presidential candidates based on who was actually good for homeschoolers rather than their personal beliefs about foreign policy.

Agreed! It seems homeschoolers for Ron Paul would be a 'no-brainer.'

heavenlyboy34
04-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Wasn't it you in a previous spanking thread who said spanking has 100% success rate in your experience? (excuse me if I am mistaking you for someone else...it's been a while since I participated in such a thread around here)

Brian4Liberty
04-17-2012, 01:04 PM
:rolleyes: You just don't get it do you? If mom and dad had taken extreme measures to discipline their child the teacher likely would have reported them to the cops and they could have been taken away in handcuffs.

And let's not forget who has the most to risk in this scenario: the family dog. ;)

jmdrake
04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Wasn't it you in a previous spanking thread who said spanking has 100% success rate in your experience? (excuse me if I am mistaking you for someone else...it's been a while since I participated in such a thread around here)

I'm pretty sure that wasn't me. If it was then I was drunk when I wrote it and I don't drink. ;) It didn't have a 100% success rate with me. It hasn't had a 100% success rate with my kids. But I don't think that it's an option that should be taken off the table. I would much rather the school spank my kids than call the cops on them. I think most parents would.

jmdrake
04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
And let's not forget who has the most to risk in this scenario: the family dog. ;)

LOLz!

Pericles
04-17-2012, 01:39 PM

Don't happen to have any pot bellied pigs as pets, do you? :)

Anti Federalist
04-17-2012, 01:39 PM

/thread

aGameOfThrones
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
When have cops really done any different?

Who was busting heads at Ford in the 1930s?

Who was enforcing the mine owners edicts in West Virginia?

Who is arresting people today outside the Fed?

Keeping all the serfs in line, that's the job of police and why I and others consistently point that the entire concept of police is antithetical to a free society.

Constitutional sheriffs and duly sworn citizen deputies.

http://thecloud.crimethinc.com/images/police/police_b.jpg

jmdrake
04-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Discipline does not need to be extreme ... Does it ?

What is the definition of extreme? Spanking? Using a switch? Using a belt? When a parent had tried everything and a child still acts up in school (and I've seen that happen) then what? YouR Caviler "the parents must not have been disciplining their child" attitude is rather sad. Even doing what was seen as "moderate" discipline 20 to 30 years ago can get you a DCS investigation today. A switch was a common tool of discipline when I was a child. It often leaves welts. Welts today, shown to the wrong teacher, can lead to an unpleasant knock on your door. The discipline that's "safe" to do? That's the kind the poster in post #20 was complaining about not being effective.

Edit: And what about the child who's behaves at home because he's afraid of the wrath of his parents, but acts up in school because he knows he can get away with it? There are no silver bullets.

From Prison Planet:

You reap what you sow. Remember that when your child is killed for misbehaving in school.

Ummm....the point you're making with the Prison Planet quote is......? :confused:

Anti Federalist
04-17-2012, 02:02 PM
http://thecloud.crimethinc.com/images/police/police_b.jpg

I'll be there Ma.

+rep

Danke
04-17-2012, 06:11 PM
1) Even "well disciplined" children can have bad days. My kids were well behaved before going to school. Peer groups can be a mother.
2) Anyone who can't physically restrain a 6 y/o child without resorting to handcuffs doesn't need to be in the business of supervising kids.
3) This is a systematic failure. Thanks to the foolishness of "Dr. Spock" schools no longer have paddles but they do have hotlines to patrol cars.
:rolleyes: You just don't get it do you? If mom and dad had taken extreme measures to discipline their child the teacher likely would have reported them to the cops and they could have been taken away in handcuffs. It's a system that gets you both ways. And yes, the "banksters" profit handsomely from it.
What is the definition of extreme? Spanking? Using a switch? Using a belt? When a parent had tried everything and a child still acts up in school (and I've seen that happen) then what? YouR Caviler "the parents must not have been disciplining their child" attitude is rather sad. Even doing what was seen as "moderate" discipline 20 to 30 years ago can get you a DCS investigation today. A switch was a common tool of discipline when I was a child. It often leaves welts. Welts today, shown to the wrong teacher, can lead to an unpleasant knock on your door. The discipline that's "safe" to do? That's the kind the poster in post #20 was complaining about not being effective.

Edit: And what about the child who's behaves at home because he's afraid of the wrath of his parents, but acts up in school because he knows he can get away with it? There are no silver bullets.

Ummm....the point you're making with the Prison Planet quote is......? :confused:

I only regret that I have but one rep to give in this thread to jmdrake.

PaulConventionWV
04-17-2012, 07:24 PM

Some schools already have real police patrolling the halls, so that may not be necessary.

PaulConventionWV
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
NOPE !!!

So the job of law enforcement is to cuff 6 year olds instead of actually enforcing the law... got it.

PaulConventionWV
04-17-2012, 07:40 PM

You can't demonstrate who controls you without revealing the tools they use. This should be common sense to you.

RickyJ
04-17-2012, 07:50 PM

Handcuffing stops that how?

The problem here is that the teachers and principal know they can't touch the kid or they might get sued and/or lose their job. The police were idiots to handcuff the kid and take her to the police station. The girl needed a spanking. If the principal was allowed to do that like they were in the past the problem would have been solved without the need to call the police.

PaulConventionWV
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Live in fear if you must ... But many home school or use private education as an alternative to public education.

However,

And so this justifies voluntarily calling in the hammer of the banksters to control the child? If you can't deal with a 6 year old without resorting to that, someone needs to replace you.

Danke
04-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Handcuffing stops that how?

You know, the old joke, "well that's a good start." Or something like that.

Me, why stop there? Use a muzzle too.

Anti Federalist
04-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Some schools already have real police patrolling the halls, so that may not be necessary.

Most schools.

PaulConventionWV
04-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Most schools.

You're right. I didn't want to generalize when I haven't been to most schools, but seeing as my dinky little 400-kid school had police patrols, I'm pretty sure the others do as well.

RickyJ
04-17-2012, 08:39 PM
You know, the old joke, "well that's a good start." Or something like that.

Me, why stop there? Use a muzzle too.

The only positive about this whole situation is that the kid and her parents can now see without a doubt that a public school education is worth nothing.

Kylie
04-17-2012, 09:32 PM

Bite them back. It worked for my kids, and my dogs.

Neither bite, to this day.

Anti Federalist
04-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Bite them back. It worked for my kids, and my dogs.

Neither bite, to this day.

"Dad!!! Dinky bites!!!"

"Bite him back Russ!"

http://freshairla.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/vacation-punch1.jpg

donnay
04-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Thus focusing on the tool is nothing more than a diversion.

They are tools in the layers of tyranny!!!!!! In the military it is called compartmentalization. Police are not conducive to a free society and, until you get that, you won't understand why many of us rail against it!

Pericles
04-18-2012, 11:07 AM
I only regret that I have but one rep to give in this thread to jmdrake.

He deserves many more.

heavenlyboy34
04-18-2012, 11:19 AM
They are tools in the layers of tyranny!!!!!! In the military it is called compartmentalization. Police are not conducive to a free society and until you get that, you won't understand why many of us rail against it!
but, but...if there ain't no cops, teh criminalz will run wild!!!1!!! It'll be more scarifying than teh wild west!!111!! ;) /sarcasm

Anti Federalist
04-18-2012, 11:22 AM
He deserves many more.

Agreed.

Got you guys covered.

azxd
04-18-2012, 11:32 AM
They are tools in the layers of tyranny!!!!!! In the military it is called compartmentalization. Police are not conducive to a free society and until you get that, you won't understand why many of us rail against it!Rail against the control ... Not the instrument (tool).

Those who focus on the tool, miss the true objective ... I laugh at the futility of misguided direction.

heavenlyboy34
04-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Rail against the control ... Not the instrument (tool).

Those who focus on the tool, miss the true objective ... I laugh at the futility of misguided direction.
You mean police? Police are not "the tool"-they are a genuine problem in and of themselves. It's not a misdirection of attention to focus on them.

phill4paul
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM

Without the tools there is no control.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2012, 11:44 AM

So we are agreed the banksters are the controlling interest?

And that the banksters have evil intent?

So then, how can any cop justify putting on the badge and uniform?

pcosmar
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM
So then, how can any cop justify putting on the badge and uniform?

http://creativegreenius.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/i-am-the-law.jpg?w=490