PDA

View Full Version : Who would you Vote For??????

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Who would you vote for? Obama/Romney 2012 or Paul/Santorum ( or paul/santorum camps picking vp) 2012

FindLiberty
04-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Yes, I would vote to elect one of those people listed in your poll... but not in those paired combinations.

What's your point?

Maybe you should add one more paired combination choice to your poll: Abe Lincoln / Harry Browne
Then, I would need to point out that they are both deceased... but I'd still vote to elect only one of those people.

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Yes, I would vote to elect one of those people listed in your poll... but not in those paired combinations.

What's your point?

Maybe you should add one more paired combination choice to your poll: Abe Lincoln / Harry Browne
Then, I would need to point out that they are both deceased... but I'd still vote to elect only one of those people.

well the point is a vote for romney is a vote for obama and i clearly stated paul/___________insert candidate from santorum and paul camp as vp so are you saying you wouldn't vote for Paul? if those were your 2 options. you seriously would refuse to vote for a paul/santorum ticket or a paul/_________ insert paul/santorum camp pick for vp who ever it might be picked by paul and santorum camp.

well unless you bring millions of people and money yourself to caucus and primaries. your option will be just that! are you suggesting you would vote 3rd party over that ticket? or any ticket with paul and vp picked by paul/santorum camps? which is how it would be done in tampa if we win.

i guess you might be waiting for the 2nd coming of jesus christ then? Because that is how it will play out unless ron paul doesn't win then you have obama/romney.

hipposelect
04-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Ask me again when it's relevant.

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Ask me again when it's relevant.

it is relevant now, do the math how do you think we will win the nomination. It is 100% relevant now unless you want obama/romney 2012. pretty simple concept. I am not the brightest bulb nor the dimmest but , you folks do not even have the light switch on to see the light!

This is the story before the story and exactly how it will play out, think folks really i/we figured it out . It will be Paul/someone the 2 camps pick or it will be romney and obama wins!

the gop has 2 options in tampa Ron paul or obama! unless your planning on voting gary johnson!

Philhelm
04-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Gooooo Ron/Johnson.

Liberty74
04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Santorum should not be any where near the ticket much less have any say.

Ron Paul/Judge NAP or some economist like Walter Williams who is good friends of the Paul family.

azxd
04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Poll is restraining ... There are more choices available.

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Santorum should not be any where near the ticket much less have any say.

Ron Paul/Judge NAP or some economist like Walter Williams who is good friends of the Paul family.

so you do not want Paul as the gop nominee? This will be the only way ron paul wins the nomination as i explained in the one answer with 2 options! Paul/Santorum or Paul/____________(what the 2 camps agree on)

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Poll is restraining ... There are more choices available.

are you saying you do not want ron paul as the nominee? because no there isn't any other choices in the gop primary. There are only 2 options and in the one option there is plenty of wiggle room. so your dodging the ?. do you want ron paul as the nominee? If so option 2 is the only way it will happen either santorum or what the santorum camp agrees upon as a vp to ron paul.

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 10:21 AM
hey folks either you want ron paul as your nominee and your gonna give options as the vp for the santorum camp and work to make it happen . Or you do not want ron paul as your nominee! This is the only way ron paul wins the nomination <1144

dillo
04-17-2012, 10:44 AM
No option for suicide

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 10:46 AM
No option for suicide

i do not get it? are you saying you do not want ron paul as the nominee ,even if the 2 camps agree on a vp to Ron paul for President why would you want to suicide that?? unless you do not support ron paul!! seriously if you do not want ron paul as the nominee i have to assume in this thread your anti-paul. who do you want as vp god? seriously think folks or are you not even reading thru option 2.

do you have a plan to have ron paul win it outright? with no options if so i am all ears? This is reality!

cheapseats
04-17-2012, 10:53 AM
i do not get it? are you saying you do not want ron paul as the nominee ,even if the 2 camps agree on a vp to Ron paul for President why would you want to suicide that?? unless you do not support ron paul!! seriously if you do not want ron paul as the nominee i have to assume in this thread your anti-paul.

If yer not with us, yer with the Terrorists?

who do you want as vp god? seriously think folks or are you not even reading thru option 2.

I will suggest that SANTORUM OR GOD is a very PREGNANT way to frame the choice.

#EddieIzzard: Cake...or DEATH?!

do you have a plan to have ron paul [OR SOMEONE] win it outright? with no options if so i am all ears? This is reality!

Play-rather-than-pander-to Moderates, Independents, Women, Embittered, Undecided and Unregistered, as a viable-like-never-before #ThirdParty UNITER.

But you do NOT recognize #ThirdParty as a viable option, even now. The truth is, you don't WANT it to be. You are among those who are INVESTED in the #Republican Party . . . which CANNOT with a straight face run on ANTI WAR or ANTI CORRUPTION.

Me, I BELIEVE that pandering to #Evangelicals would cost him the General Election, even IF it could "earn" him the Republican nomination...which is, if we will be honest as well optimistic, is a LOTTERY-LEVEL long shot.

TheTexan
04-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm fine with anything that gets Paul into the whitehouse that doesn't compromise his or our principles or integrity. Allowing Santorum a backseat compromises neither.

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 11:18 AM
If yer not with us, yer with the Terrorists?

I will suggest that SANTORUM OR GOD is a very PREGNANT way to frame the choice.

#EddieIzzard: Cake...or DEATH?!

Play-rather-than-pander-to Moderates, Independents, Women, Embittered, Undecided and Unregistered, as a viable-like-never-before #ThirdParty UNITER.

But you do NOT recognize #ThirdParty as a viable option, even now. The truth is, you don't WANT it to be. You are among those who are INVESTED in the #Republican Party . . . which CANNOT with a straight face run on ANTI WAR or ANTI CORRUPTION.

Me, I BELIEVE that pandering to #Evangelicals would cost him the General Election, even IF it could "earn" him the Republican nomination...which is, if we will be honest as well optimistic, is a LOTTERY-LEVEL long shot.

obviously you do not want to win the gop nominee you avoided the question. if you want ron paul to be the nominee there will have to be a vp deal in tampa between both camps. so your basically saying you do not want ron paul to be the gop nominee. i have to assume your anti-paul now or lack common sense. option to gives you wiggle room unless you do not want ron paul as the nominee or you did not read option 2 or did nor comprehend option 2! seriously did you bother to read option 2? all the way thru? or did you just assume santorum and then stopped reading. your a bunch af anti ron paul folks is how i see it.

you seriously would refuse a paul ticket with ron paul as president. that is very telling.

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm fine with anything that gets Paul into the whitehouse that doesn't compromise his or our principles or integrity. Allowing Santorum a backseat compromises neither.

ahh finally some common sense:) woot woot this is not a hard poll folks, but the first few folks either didn't read option 2 or do not want ron paul as the nominee.

Lishy
04-17-2012, 11:20 AM
As long as Paul is not assassinated...

cheapseats
04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
you seriously would refuse a paul ticket with ron paul [for] president [and Rick Santorum for vice president]?

Yep.

that is very telling.

Yep.

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Yep.

Yep.

nowi know to ignore you, your a waste of rpf time and mine, you no longer support ron paul being the nominee. i kinda knew you were troll ,your now on ignore forever good bye.

TheTexan
04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
As long as Paul is not assassinated...

Better to have Paul'd and lost than to have never Paul'd at all

cheapseats
04-17-2012, 11:30 AM
nowi know to ignore you, your a waste of rpf time and mine, you no longer support ron paul being the nominee. i kinda knew you were troll ,your now on ignore forever good bye.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/CO-R

MITT ROMNEY, Soft Pledged Delegates: 13

RICK SANTORUM, Soft Pledged Delegates: 6

RON PAUL, Soft Pledged Delegates: 0

Where I come from, that ain't a WIN.

Gingrich, Perry, Huntsman and Bachmann are ALSO listed as having garnered ZERO Soft Pledged Delegates.

UNCOMMITTED: 17 . . . THAT is the basis for all the emoticons and exclamation points?!

Considering reverence for CONTRACT LAW and awareness of SYSTEMATIC SKULLDUGGERY, I'd think y'all would be keenly mindful that DEALS ARE NEVER DEALS UNTIL SIGNED/DELIVERED . . . which is a pragmatic, businesslike variation of DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY'RE HATCHED.

tfurrh
04-17-2012, 11:34 AM
It's Paul in the president slot, amiright? That what we're here for, amiright? President Paul, Vice President WhoGivesADamn - that's my kind of ticket.

puppetmaster
04-17-2012, 11:34 AM
If Ron Paul ever added a guy like santo to his ticket he would not be Ron Paul. This is won without santo.
Ron Paul has integrity and does not pander therefore this is a waste of time.....and makes me want to toss chunks.

cheapseats
04-17-2012, 11:43 AM
If Ron Paul ever added a guy like santo to his ticket he would not be Ron Paul.

EXACTLY. Period, end of story.

WHY would non-Republicans hold their noses to vote Republican, if Ron Paul is demonstrably NOT what he has been cracked up to be?

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 11:50 AM
If Ron Paul ever added a guy like santo to his ticket he would not be Ron Paul. This is won without santo.
Ron Paul has integrity and does not pander therefore this is a waste of time.....and makes me want to toss chunks.
we are not going to win a brokered convention unless it is with santorum supporters , are you expecting ron paul to run away with the rest of caucuses and primaries with 80% percent plus? then your dreaming. planet earth has 2 options paul/santorum or paul and whoever paul/santorum supporters agree with along with ron paul . it will not be up to you or me but the campaigns.

no alliance with santorum supporters and you will have no nomination with ron paul period... end of story... get it?? if not stop wasting your time, you can hope he runs 3rd party if your not willing to win him the gop nomination.

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 11:55 AM
It's Paul in the president slot, amiright? That what we're here for, amiright? President Paul, Vice President WhoGivesADamn - that's my kind of ticket.

i would stand in a blizzard for a President Paul and getting the party behind him to win the nomination and election. I am starting to see the folks that are so purists. they will kill his chance to win! also have a new ignore lists working great;) folks are either gonna wake up to reality or they always have gary johnson to fall back on. hehe sarcasm

speciallyblend
04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
we are not going to win a brokered convention unless it is with santorum supporters , are you expecting ron paul to run away with the rest of caucuses and primaries with 80% percent plus? then your dreaming. planet earth has 2 options paul/santorum or paul and whoever paul/santorum supporters agree with along with ron paul . it will not be up to you or me but the campaigns.

no alliance with santorum supporters and you will have no nomination with ron paul period... end of story... get it?? if not stop wasting your time, you can hope he runs 3rd party if your not willing to win him the gop nomination.

curious how do you plan on winning the brokered convention? waving your wand and magically they all vote for paul? you will have to have a vp to sway them over aka 2 camps agree on. which was my option 2

The Free Hornet
04-17-2012, 12:50 PM
curious how do you plan on winning the brokered convention? waving your wand and magically they all vote for paul? you will have to have a vp to sway them over aka 2 camps agree on. which was my option 2

For once, I agree with cheapseats, and that is a painful admission. Santorum on the ticket is a recipe to a loss in November (IMO). More so than Paul or Romney, his appeal in the primary is a total detraction in the general. But I understand what you say about needing a coalition. "Paul/anybody" has my vote as does "anybody/Paul", but I would not admit that for certain values of "anybody".

cheapseats
04-17-2012, 01:08 PM
For once, I agree with cheapseats, and that is a painful admission. Santorum on the ticket is a recipe to a loss in November (IMO). More so than Paul or Romney, his appeal in the primary is a total detraction in the general. But I understand what you say about needing a coalition. "Paul/anybody" has my vote as does "anybody/Paul", but I would not admit that for certain values of "anybody".

I can do the back-handed compliment thing, too.

My estimation of you is improved . . . NOT because you agree with me, but because it IS painful to admit agreement with someone one despises.

puppetmaster
04-17-2012, 01:23 PM

I vote for Ron Paul because of his integrity and honesty. This pairing won't happen because of these traits, and that is good with me. I do not compromise freedom or the constitution and neither does RP. Sit back and watch us win this the Ron Paul way...................

TheTexan
04-17-2012, 04:37 PM
EXACTLY. Period, end of story.

WHY would non-Republicans hold their noses to vote Republican, if Ron Paul is demonstrably NOT what he has been cracked up to be?

When discussing a Romney/Paul ticket, a VP slot is the most meaningless thing ever.

When discussing a Paul/Santorum ticket, the VP slot is significant and makes all the diffierence.

:confused:

azxd
04-17-2012, 04:41 PM
are you saying you do not want ron paul as the nominee? because no there isn't any other choices in the gop primary. There are only 2 options and in the one option there is plenty of wiggle room. so your dodging the ?. do you want ron paul as the nominee? If so option 2 is the only way it will happen either santorum or what the santorum camp agrees upon as a vp to ron paul.I don't believe this for a second ... Sorry.

cheapseats
04-17-2012, 05:05 PM
When discussing a Romney/Paul ticket, a VP slot is the most meaningless thing ever.

When discussing a Paul/Santorum ticket, the VP slot is significant and makes all the diffierence.

:confused:

Who's talking about Romney / Paul? Not ME, that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romney/Paul (father or son) and Paul/Santorum are BOTH false dichotomies. Bad enough.

But then to spit on the former as SELLING OUT and rationalize the latter as NOT compromising principles is beyond confusing to me.

It is SCARY. Consider the difference between HIGH MAINTENANCE . . . and High Maintenance that thinks it is NOT. Consider the difference between people who unabashedly lie . . . and people who BELIEVE their own lies.

LOOK at the Colorado Convention Thread...how many posts, how many views, how much TIME, how many Estranged...and it is ALL about internal machinations to trump OLDER machinations. PLAYING THE GAME.

BuddyRey
04-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Gooooo Ron/Johnson.

I like Johnson, but I'm also superstitious. Having a VP named Johnson isn't good luck.

40oz
04-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Gooooo Ron/Johnson.

Dude, I think you're on to something :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=964uCtgsDoE

cheapseats
04-17-2012, 05:18 PM
I like Johnson, but I'm also superstitious. Having a VP named Johnson isn't good luck.

As measured by UNNATURAL DEATHS, superstition would rightly be attached to the #KENNEDY name...not #Johnson.

speciallyblend
04-18-2012, 12:34 AM
I vote for Ron Paul because of his integrity and honesty. This pairing won't happen because of these traits, and that is good with me. I do not compromise freedom or the constitution and neither does RP. Sit back and watch us win this the Ron Paul way...................

well ignoring santorum supporters tells me you will be voting gary or not voting.

speciallyblend
04-18-2012, 12:36 AM
I don't believe this for a second ... Sorry.

i do because if your not willing to deal the vp spot to these 2 campaigns. Then ron paul will not win the nomination. so you can vote obama or romney or gary.

the only way ron wins is to make a deal with rick santorum like i gave in option 2 or you will need to win the remaining states with 80%-90% plus period.

speciallyblend
04-18-2012, 12:39 AM

it will not be your choice , if you want to win the gop nominination it will be up to the 2 campaigns santorum and paul to choose the vp so if your willing to let ron paul hang out and dry because you do not like the 2 campaigns choices for vp then so be it.

cheapseats opinions no longer matters to me ,he is ignored.,

someone might need to explain brokered convention and what that means to the folks unwilling to broker!

Feeding the Abscess
04-18-2012, 12:56 AM
The NOBP principle is not just about Ron Paul; it's about the ideas he represents.

Santorum represents the exact opposite of those ideas.

andrew1229649
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Let's be realistic here....Speciallyblend is right. If you expect Ron to win the Republican nomination, we need the Santorum supporters. The best and probably only way to get them is to give them a sweet deal. That deal will likely contain us allowing the Santorum campaign to decide the running mate and a cabinet position or two. Cold hard facts here folks....if that plays out I couldn't imagine me not supporting a ticket where Ron is the presidential nominee.

The Free Hornet
04-18-2012, 09:52 AM
it will not be your choice , if you want to win the gop nominination it will be up to the 2 campaigns santorum and paul to choose the vp so if your willing to let ron paul hang out and dry because you do not like the 2 campaigns choices for vp then so be it.

OK - I get what you're saying. Given three or four parties which control the votes, most combinations of two will have a majority or plurality (assuming the remaining two don't also join forces). To reiterate, in 2012 I'll vote for any Paul on any ticket in any position (Prez or VP). It is only that some combinations leave a foul, frothy-like aftertaste.

Romney/Paul
or
Santorum/Paul

40oz
04-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Why would Ron Paul sell-out now? His message is really starting to take off.

TheTexan
04-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Why would Ron Paul sell-out now? His message is really starting to take off.

If the choice is:
a) Take Presidency with the concession that a short bus candidate is allowed to follow along as VP
or
b) Allow a short bus candidate to take the Presidency

That's an easy fucking choice. I fail to see how that's selling out.

His message is really starting to take off.

Are we watching the same election? Optimism is great, a very useful tool, but it's equally important to maintain an accurate perspective of reality. The reality is this country hates freedom.

Here's another dose of reality for you: while playing all these political games does do some good for our cause, we won't get our freedom back by playing politics.

messana
04-18-2012, 06:19 PM
It is selling out. The VP position is basically an endorsement. What would happen to Ron's 'consistent record' if he endorses somebody who strongly rejects everything he believes in? How would his campaign even function in such a polar condition?

And the media will have a field day during the general election. Santorum's 'blah people' gaffes and social issues will just compound the problem.

speciallyblend
04-19-2012, 05:41 AM
It is selling out. The VP position is basically an endorsement. What would happen to Ron's 'consistent record' if he endorses somebody who strongly rejects everything he believes in? How would his campaign even function in such a polar condition?

And the media will have a field day during the general election. Santorum's 'blah people' gaffes and social issues will just compound the problem.

then i guess your options will be obama,romney or gary cause ron paul will not win the nomination without help from republicans(santorum,newt and other supporters). mark my words. If you feel that strongly? Then you will have 3 options not one(Ron paul), obama,romney and gary.

cheapseats
04-19-2012, 08:00 AM
then i guess your options will be obama,romney or gary cause ron paul will not win the nomination without help from republicans(santorum,newt and other supporters). mark my words. If you feel that strongly? Then you will have 3 options not one(Ron paul), obama,romney and gary.

I address not speciallyblend, who has ZERO objectivity, but the entire contingent of Ron Paul Supporters who are "down with" the Santorum Strategy.

For the sake of argument, let me suspend disbelief and stipulate that HOOKING UP WITH SANTORUM somehow does NOT constitute a compromise of principle.

For the sake of argument, let us say that a Brokered Convention DOES happen (tho factually, it is a long shot). For the sake of argument, let us say that back-room dealing between Paul and Santorum camps is what CAUSES the convention to be brokered.

If Romney does NOT prevail in a brokered convention, what makes anyone think that anyone's next choice will be the candidate with the FEWEST delegates? I remind people that Santorum pointedly SUSPENDED his campaign; he didn't END it. Sure sure, OF COURSE Santorum would lose to Obama. But the Market is holding and the #WealthGap is increasing, and we are a LONG way from being outta the woods.

PLENTY of #BigMoney including plenty of Republicans kinda WANT Obama to sit there and finish his peas.

How is it that Brokered Convention people are unconcerned about entry of a BIG-NAME WILD CARD...like fuckin' Jeb Bush, by way of example?

There are people on this Board who portray ME as an enemy of The Moovement. But SANTORUM is trustworthy? RNC is reliable?

#EddieIzzard: "I'm willing to learn..."

What makes anyone think Ron Paul would win a Brokered Convention, when y'all have YEARS of proof that Major Players do as they please, Mainstream Media covers for them, and Americans continue to escape Reality via Reality TV?

If current moods and trends maintain, no lie, any ruckus made at the convention is likely to be met with the same public contempt that no small few around here heap on #OccupyWallStreet Dissidents.

cheapseats
04-19-2012, 09:59 AM
got hope?

40oz
04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
If the choice is:
a) Take Presidency with the concession that a short bus candidate is allowed to follow along as VP
or
b) Allow a short bus candidate to take the Presidency

That's an easy fucking choice. I fail to see how that's selling out.

You can thank this forum, Google, YouTube, Twitter, and Ron Paul for my conviction. Ron Paul , to the best of my knowledge, has never endorsed a neo-con and doing so in an effort to win this election would seriously tarnish his impeccable record and the freedom movement. Hold the line buddy! We will do this the right way and set an example for the future.

cheapseats
04-19-2012, 10:59 AM
...Ron Paul , to the best of my knowledge, has never endorsed a neo-con and doing so in an effort to win this election would seriously tarnish his impeccable record and the freedom movement. Hold the line buddy! We will do this the right way and set an example for the future.

[Endorsing a neo-con] in an effort to win this election would seriously tarnish his record.

Agreed.

Moreover, if this "strategic" (some say DESPERATE) maneuver fails, it would be the "crowning" non-accomplishment of his career.

"A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it." - Niccolo Machiavelli

TheTexan
04-19-2012, 11:33 AM
You can thank this forum, Google, YouTube, Twitter, and Ron Paul for my conviction. Ron Paul , to the best of my knowledge, has never endorsed a neo-con and doing so...

Letting him on the ticket as VP is not an endorsement. It can be, but doesn't have to be. It should be pretty clear to all observers at this point that if Santorum is on the ticket, it's out of necessity not approval.

If Dr. Paul were to start singing Santorum's praises when he were to join the ticket that would be a different story, but I simply do not see that happening.

TheTexan
04-19-2012, 11:35 AM
[Endorsing a neo-con] in an effort to win this election would seriously tarnish his record.

Agreed.

Moreover, if this "strategic" (some say DESPERATE) maneuver fails, it would be the "crowning" non-accomplishment of his career.

This is a legitimate point. If he's going to lose the Republican nomination anyway (which by all realistic predictions he will, though there is still a remote chance), may as well do it without making deals with the devil.